FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S9 stuck in update loop

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Mroxxx, Junior Member on 15th April 2018, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My tmobile s9 is stuck in an infinite update loop. The update was downloaded but only installs up to 25%, then restarts. Phone is not rooted. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on how to fix?

15th April 2018, 03:59 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I'm in the same boat. Sucks i have a warranty replacement coming in on Tuesday.
15th April 2018, 06:28 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
UPDATE: I brought it into tmobile, and the manager was able to get the phone out of the boot loop, but now displays a blown fuse error when attempting to perform a hard reset. Replacement on the way.
15th April 2018, 08:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Add me to the list. Going to wait to see what happens when the battery dies...
16th April 2018, 05:08 AM |#5  

More
This happened to me on 4/14 as well. Would get to 25%, sit there for a bit, reboot, and do the same thing in continuous loop. The manager at my T-Mobile couldn't even get it into safe mode. She was able to spot a message when attempting that stated it couldn't install due to a missing file or folder. Ended up having to get a new phone.
16th April 2018, 06:01 PM |#6  

More
Add me to this issue; Happened to me on 4/14 on S9 as well and also get's stuck on 25%. Already had the battery drained and tried again but still same issue; Getting a replacement phone this Tuesday, but I'm not sure how to get my data from this stuck phone.
19th April 2018, 02:11 PM |#7  

More
This is terrible. Same thing happened to me this morning. It starts the update, hangs at 25%, then continues to 100% and reboots like normal, but then it starts the update again! I can't even power it off and soft rebooting doesn't help.
7th May 2018, 07:25 AM |#8  

More
Got the problem fixed!
Samsung has its own floor space in best buys. They fixed our phone in less 20 min AND no repair charge. He linked the phone to the computer and also updated the phone for us. Decent service. If anyone with the same problem, try going there first. Just make sure your best buy has its Samsung experience area.
4th July 2018, 11:22 AM |#9  

More
I got a new one yesterday. Did the same thing all night. Killed the battery and then fired the entire phone. Sprint gave me a replacement and I reluctantly tried the update. Same issue. You would think they would have fixed this by now.
15th January 2019, 02:49 AM |#10  

More
I have tried letting the battery dye several times however that has not fixed the issue. It will not rest.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)