FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

slowed data an hot spot after newest update

987 posts
Thanks Meter: 329

By whbisondtr, Senior Member on 24th September 2018, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone else's data and hot spot slowed way down to where they barely work after the ARI4 update on the SM-G960U? Nothing will load on chrome or most of my apps and hot spot is useless. I've tried updating the prl/profile, a soft reset, clearing the cache and changing the preferred data to lte/cdma and nothing has helped. I really don't want to do a hard reset. I'm on boost mobile but the other two phones' data work just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to whbisondtr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whbisondtr Ad-Free

13th June 2019, 09:35 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
ok it worked for a while now i'm back to the same issue. data buffers/cuts on and off, it cut off completely yesterday and 5G wifi no longer shows up. (been that way for a while). boost was no help whatsoever and the morons kept telling me that 5G data isnt out in my area yet. um, i said 5G wifi.. plus i got disconnected 4 times in two hours of chat. i'm done with that
14th June 2019, 08:57 PM |#3  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whbisondtr

Has anyone else's data and hot spot slowed way down to where they barely work after the ARI4 update on the SM-G960U? Nothing will load on chrome or most of my apps and hot spot is useless. I've tried updating the prl/profile, a soft reset, clearing the cache and changing the preferred data to lte/cdma and nothing has helped. I really don't want to do a hard reset. I'm on boost mobile but the other two phones' data work just fine.

get the latest firmware from sammobile.com and flash it via Odin. There are 2 CSC files to choose from, one of them factory resets, the other just applies the update. Use the update one, and go from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to youdoofus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift youdoofus Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 09:43 AM |#4  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ok it worked for a while now i'm back to the same issue. data buffers/cuts on and off, it cut off completely yesterday and 5G wifi no longer shows up. (been that way for a while). boost was no help whatsoever and the morons kept telling me that 5G data isnt out in my area yet. um, i said 5G wifi.. plus i got disconnected 4 times in two hours of chat. i'm done with that

Tell them 5GHz rather than 5G, they are just monkeys reading scripts from a screen

Try changing the 5GHz channel on your router, I know mine can only serve all 5Ghz capable devices if I set it to CH36, any higher and some can't see it

As above, update your firmware, you can use the U1 firmwares without the carrier bloat too to get the latest release

Factory reset is sometimes the only fix though
The Following User Says Thank You to *Detection* For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift *Detection* Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 02:09 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Tell them 5GHz rather than 5G, they are just monkeys reading scripts from a screen

Try changing the 5GHz channel on your router, I know mine can only serve all 5Ghz capable devices if I set it to CH36, any higher and some can't see it

As above, update your firmware, you can use the U1 firmwares without the carrier bloat too to get the latest release

Factory reset is sometimes the only fix though

I messaged them through Facebook, as they told me to do and it was still useless talking to them. They completely blew off the fact that my data is wonky and it was cutting off. Typical of them though.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the router, it's a shared network for where we live. I've asked them to reset it and they did but it still didn't help. All my other phones are picking it up so it has to be this phone.

I'm on an U1 firmware now and the same thing. Not just that when I use the phone now it gets stuck in it. I'll hit home and nothing, just the phone screen until I restart it. I tried to go back to U but I get stuck at "file analysis" for some odd reason.
18th June 2019, 03:35 PM |#6  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I messaged them through Facebook, as they told me to do and it was still useless talking to them. They completely blew off the fact that my data is wonky and it was cutting off. Typical of them though.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the router, it's a shared network for where we live. I've asked them to reset it and they did but it still didn't help. All my other phones are picking it up so it has to be this phone.

I'm on an U1 firmware now and the same thing. Not just that when I use the phone now it gets stuck in it. I'll hit home and nothing, just the phone screen until I restart it. I tried to go back to U but I get stuck at "file analysis" for some odd reason.

If you did not reset after flashing the U1 firmware I'd suggest backing up and factory resetting then
The Following User Says Thank You to *Detection* For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift *Detection* Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 03:37 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

If you did not reset after flashing the U1 firmware I'd suggest backing up and factory resetting then

COMPLETELY forgot to factory reset... I'm an idiot. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to whbisondtr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whbisondtr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)