WiFi calling

Search This thread

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
WiFi calling menu is part of the CSC portion per carrier. If your S9 is 'unlocked' and not carrier purchased, there is a chance the WiFi menu in setting isn't even there..

For Exynos users ( I am on a TMO Snapdragon) , I guess due time there will be a CSC change feature will be available. I used to have an S7 and a talented OP names @Tkkg1994 had a great tool to change CSC and it was the solution in my case, for the TMO USA with an unlocked phone. I don't know if this service is available for S9 yet..

salada2k

Jun 22, 2008
Melbourne
You can change CSC now if you install a custom ROM. Try Soldiers ROM. I did that, changed from OPS to TEL, got VoLTE and WiFi Calling (woohoo!) then relocked bootloader and went back to stock. My CSC is still TEL and although Knox is tripped, I am once again fully stock and SafetyNet passes, so things like Google Pay are working.

Unfortunately, on ARCC firmware, WiFi calling seems to be borked. After a reboot if works for about 5 mins, then switches back to VoLTE. But LTE calls are slightly improved on ARCC. It's a double edged sword. Hurry up Sammy and fix please!!

Last edited:

samoz83

Mar 11, 2009
With the latest May update seems that wifi calling on unlocked XXU phones now works with Three UK. Not sure about volte.

Last edited:

eastsidebiz

Nov 5, 2012
on my verizon S9, wifi calling is under WIFI
on my unlocked US s9, wifi calling is under the PHONE menu (samsung's dialer)
check that

abecool56

Aug 19, 2018
WiFi calling menu is part of the CSC portion per carrier. If your S9 is 'unlocked' and not carrier purchased, there is a chance the WiFi menu in setting isn't even there..

For Exynos users ( I am on a TMO Snapdragon) , I guess due time there will be a CSC change feature will be available. I used to have an S7 and a talented OP names @Tkkg1994 had a great tool to change CSC and it was the solution in my case, for the TMO USA with an unlocked phone. I don't know if this service is available for S9 yet..
I have the unlocked s9 g9600 is there a way to get the csc I need and get wifi calling on T-Mobile

Cloudane

May 8, 2012
Hm, I guess this shifts around depending on the carrier firmware. On plain unlocked phones like the Oneplus I was used to it being in the settings menu. On EE it's hidden away in the phone app itself.

You can always ask Bixby - yes I know - but she's actually very good when it comes to phone settings. "Hi Bixby, turn on Wifi Calling" worked for me when I couldn't find it, and it even showed me on the screen where it is.

Reliable here so far. More so than it was on iOS, in an interesting reversal of the usual pattern, as it tended to disappear a lot there.

Last edited:

skerichards

Dec 2, 2018
I'm using an Sammy S9 - SM-G960F with LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1.0), and my carrier is technically ProjectFi but on this phone I can't switch off of T-Mobile (yet). When I search for Wi-Fi Calling, the search takes me to Mobile network settings, like normal. But when I click on Advanced... instead of showing options, the entire Advanced menu disappears. :/
Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.
~steph~

Viduthalai

Dec 8, 2018
Awesome, its worked. Saved my day

I have wifi calling available on my s9 plus which I bought direct from Samsung, go to the dialer, click the 3 dots in the top right corner. Then select settings, scroll to the bottom and you will see the wifi calling option which can be toggled on or off

Thank you. its worked.

Reactions: ramheer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It needs to be switched on in Connections/WiFi calling in Settings.
    i believe it only works it the phone is bought from Vodafone - i know i asked them once and said only Vodafone phones can do wi-fi calling
    Bobbed into three today to ask about it even unlocked handsets should have the Wi-Fi calling option she said wait for the samsung update which is out on Friday so hopefully all handsets follow suit

Sent from my SM-G965F using XDA Premium HD app
    This seems to be carrier dependant. With a three SIM I do it see the option but I can if I switch to an EE one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    True it doesn't list them, but upon speaking with three they state the device is supported for WiFi calling, but only if purchased directly through three. Reason for this is the device them comes with there carriers software to enable the feature.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk