FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

G960U Pie Version G960USQU3CRJB

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 33
 
By david11000, Member on 25th October 2018, 02:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2018, 04:56 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david11000

Miss read your response sorry but the firmware I have is legit
I'm sure if it wasn't recovery would reject it and prob not since this update was captured 1 day ago and then I posted
But I was on the latest oreo and then flashed through stock recovery
So I just say make sure your on the latest oreo build

I am on the lastest build that's the thing I haven't seen anyone on this build. It's latest Oreo and it is for the October 1st security patch. Again USA Sprint s9+
 
 
26th October 2018, 05:03 AM |#12  
OP Member
Flag CAMERON,MO
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

I am on the lastest build that's the thing I haven't seen anyone on this build. It's latest Oreo and it is for the October 1st security patch. Again USA Sprint s9+

This is android 9.0 Nov 1st patch but this build yet to be released yet galaxy s9 here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181025-230155_Settings.jpg
Views:	1114
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	4627310  
26th October 2018, 05:08 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

I am on the lastest build that's the thing I haven't seen anyone on this build. It's latest Oreo and it is for the October 1st security patch. Again USA Sprint s9+

I also meant like my update that I'm on I havent seen anything about it. When I go to the Samsung.firmware.science and then it asks for my current build, mine is not listed.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by david11000

This is android 9.0 Nov 1st patch but this build yet to be released yet galaxy s9 here

Read my above post ^

I want to try this out but I'd be afraid to since I would be afraid of skipping an update is all lol. New to the Samsung scene and haven't been doing this for awhile.
26th October 2018, 05:10 AM |#14  
OP Member
Flag CAMERON,MO
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

I also meant like my update that I'm on I havent seen anything about it. When I go to the Samsung.firmware.science and then it asks for my current build, mine is not listed.

This firmware was only captured for only 2 firmwares on the s9 side
I looked for the s9+ also but like ya said its not there yet my guess its not on the s9 server yet or could be a different build number but I wouldn't figure
I would look up your build and android 9 is a 2GB size firmware look for the newest by month and date under the firmware you are on now
26th October 2018, 05:13 AM |#15  
OP Member
Flag CAMERON,MO
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

I also meant like my update that I'm on I havent seen anything about it. When I go to the Samsung.firmware.science and then it asks for my current build, mine is not listed.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------



Read my above post ^

I want to try this out but I'd be afraid to since I would be afraid of skipping an update is all lol. New to the Samsung scene and haven't been doing this for awhile.

If your on the latest oreo you should just be able to download the update.zip but it on the root of your sd card
Boot into recovery and select apply update from sd card I did that and work flawlessly
26th October 2018, 05:31 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

You say we have to have the latest update. Just to verify, I have update ending in ARIC and do not have any pending updates. I have G965U Sprint and I can't seem to get any info about this update nor seeing anyone else with this update so far.

This is a beta update. You would not get a notification via FOTA

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

I also meant like my update that I'm on I havent seen anything about it. When I go to the Samsung.firmware.science and then it asks for my current build, mine is not listed.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------



Read my above post ^

I want to try this out but I'd be afraid to since I would be afraid of skipping an update is all lol. New to the Samsung scene and haven't been doing this for awhile.

Samsung's are easy to recover using ODIN. Dont be scared
26th October 2018, 12:45 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Appreciate the help and information guys! I'll probably start on it this week and post an update
Cheers
26th October 2018, 01:54 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

Appreciate the help and information guys! I'll probably start on it this week and post an update
Cheers

If u want to get pie, u have to get the ARI6 Odin files which are about 4GB. This is an Oreo file with September Patch. The subsequent update files on SamsungFirmwareScience is all you would need going forward after that to upgrade to Pie and other Patches if u choose to stay on Oreo. You just need to take a leap of faith and downgrade to ARI6 using the Patched Odin by Thomas or so 3.13.3
26th October 2018, 02:05 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenennaoyeka

If u want to get pie, u have to get the ARI6 Odin files which are about 4GB. This is an Oreo file with September Patch. The subsequent update files on SamsungFirmwareScience is all you would need going forward after that to upgrade to Pie and other Patches if u choose to stay on Oreo. You just need to take a leap of faith and downgrade to ARI6 using the Patched Odin by Thomas or so 3.13.3

And I could just sideload the unlocked version of the ARI6 file? Like I wouldn't need carrier specific? According to SamMobile, there's no ARI6 for the Sprint (cdma) it only goes up go ARI4
26th October 2018, 02:31 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsotet

And I could just sideload the unlocked version of the ARI6 file? Like I wouldn't need carrier specific? According to SamMobile, there's no ARI6 for the Sprint (cdma) it only goes up go ARI4

All Samsung firmware are not carrier specific. Now how your phone works with the firmware is totally unknown to me. Sprint is weird since it's a cdma network. If u were on a GSM network i would have said it's as easy as pie. But to answer your question yes, it's simple as pie to just download Odin and ari6, put your phone in download mode, load the files to Odin (if u want to retain your sprint software use HOME_CSC rather than CSC) then run the update files from there using adb sideload from the recovery menu
26th October 2018, 02:37 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenennaoyeka

All Samsung firmware are not carrier specific. Now how your phone works with the firmware is totally unknown to me. Sprint is weird since it's a cdma network. If u were on a GSM network i would have said it's as easy as pie. But to answer your question yes, it's simple as pie to just download Odin and ari6, put your phone in download mode, load the files to Odin (if u want to retain your sprint software use HOME_CSC rather than CSC) then run the update files from there using adb sideload from the recovery menu

Yep that's what I assumed. I'm thinking of sideloading the ari6 update and then flashing the Sprint radio if I had any issues regarding my connection. I just have to find it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes