FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Build G960FXXU1BRE5 has been released! (May security patches + general fixes)

1,161 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,253

Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2018, 08:52 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Craiova

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

You can either disable them manually one by one, or edit this list to your liking and save it in notepad as disabledpackages.xml , save to your phone then import it into the package disabler

Code:
<importExportSetting>
   <disabledPackages class="java.util.ArrayList">
      <string>com.monotype.android.font.rosemary</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.app.aodservice</string>
      <string>com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox</string>
      <string>com.cnn.mobile.android.phone.edgepanel</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.mimage.gear360editor</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.app.withtv</string>
      <string>com.skms.android.agent</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.app.safetyassurance</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.easysetup</string>
      <string>com.android.documentsui</string>
      <string>com.android.mms.service</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.easyMover.Agent</string>
      <string>com.ebay.carrier</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.email.provider</string>
      <string>com.microsoft.office.excel</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.game.gamehome</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.app.desktoplauncher</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.widgetapp.yahooedge.finance</string>
      <string>com.dsi.ant.service.socket</string>
      <string>com.microsoft.skydrive</string>
      <string>de.axelspringer.yana.zeropage</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.knox.containeragent</string>
      <string>com.samsung.knox.securefolder.setuppage</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.drivelink.stub</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.sm.devicesecurity</string>
      <string>com.dsi.ant.sample.acquirechannels</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.aircommandmanager</string>
      <string>com.android.nfc</string>
      <string>com.google.android.gm</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.bixby.agent</string>
      <string>com.facebook.services</string>
      <string>com.android.printspooler</string>
      <string>com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.bixby.es.globalaction</string>
      <string>com.samsung.knox.securefolder</string>
      <string>com.android.bips</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.desktopmode.uiservice</string>
      <string>com.sec.enterprise.mdm.vpn</string>
      <string>com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus</string>
      <string>com.microsoft.office.word</string>
      <string>com.google.android.webview</string>
      <string>com.microsoft.office.powerpoint</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.app.mirrorlink</string>
      <string>com.dsi.ant.server</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.app.myfiles</string>
      <string>com.google.android.feedback</string>
      <string>com.google.android.printservice.recommendation</string>
      <string>com.monotype.android.font.chococooky</string>
      <string>com.android.dreams.phototable</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework</string>
      <string>com.samsung.safetyinformation</string>
      <string>com.facebook.katana</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.beaconmanager</string>
      <string>com.sec.enterprise.mdm.services.simpin</string>
      <string>com.facebook.system</string>
      <string>com.google.android.backuptransport</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.bixby.plmsync</string>
      <string>com.linkedin.android</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.fast</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.app.spage</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.emergencylauncher</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.easyMover</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.dlp.service</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.visionintelligence</string>
      <string>com.knox.vpn.proxyhandler</string>
      <string>com.google.vr.vrcore</string>
      <string>com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms</string>
      <string>com.monotype.android.font.cooljazz</string>
      <string>com.facebook.appmanager</string>
      <string>com.samsung.aasaservice</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.allshare.service.mediashare</string>
      <string>com.sec.android.widgetapp.webmanual</string>
      <string>com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy</string>
   </disabledPackages>
</importExportSetting>

Thanks!

I seem to be getting more SOT already, but I'll have to decide in the next few days if it's Placebo or not, haha. Maybe I'll give device maintenance a shot to start clean, even though I think it's rubbish.

28th May 2018, 09:04 PM |#22  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doriandiaconu

Thanks!

I seem to be getting more SOT already, but I'll have to decide in the next few days if it's Placebo or not, haha. Maybe I'll give device maintenance a shot to start clean, even though I think it's rubbish.

I've been disabling system apps I will never use since my S5, but I was rooted with that so just ran a debloat script that completely removed them, but the S7 and now S9 I just disable them, gives the same boost in battery life but not the same for freeing up storage as a debloat script does, not that it's really needed with a 64GB phone

I only run device maintenance because I don't like to see it say anything under 100 OCD, never noticed any performance improvement from it or anything else useful really, on the S7 it would only go to 90 unless you enabled the antivirus, no thanks lol

but yea, keep an eye on it, see how much extra SoT you notice
The Following User Says Thank You to *Detection* For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift *Detection* Ad-Free
28th May 2018, 11:03 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
And since the update the design of the emoji on the keyboard change
29th May 2018, 06:09 AM |#24  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Craiova

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've been disabling system apps I will never use since my S5, but I was rooted with that so just ran a debloat script that completely removed them, but the S7 and now S9 I just disable them, gives the same boost in battery life but not the same for freeing up storage as a debloat script does, not that it's really needed with a 64GB phone

I only run device maintenance because I don't like to see it say anything under 100 OCD, never noticed any performance improvement from it or anything else useful really, on the S7 it would only go to 90 unless you enabled the antivirus, no thanks lol

but yea, keep an eye on it, see how much extra SoT you notice

I still manage to get 1% drain per hour (over night) after disabling packages
29th May 2018, 09:14 AM |#25  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I still manage to get 1% drain per hour (over night) after disabling packages

Did you reboot the phone after disabling them?

1% per hour is a bit much, I'm looking at 2% for 12h44m of idle since last charge (Cell standby and Android System background usage are both at 0 mins) Device Idle background usage is also at 0m

See if we can narrow it down a bit

Clearing cache from recovery can help too

Also I leave WiFi enabled 24/7

And if you go to bluetooth, then hit the small link at the bottom of the text, turn off scanning options for BT & WiFI (Edit, hold on, lost that setting now, looking for it)

EDIT - Can't find that last setting atm, maybe I killed it with package disabler, but I remember it being in the bluetooth settings, a small link about background scanning which brought you to a screen with two toggle switches, one for WiFi and one for Bluetooth, allowing each of those to continue scanning in the background even if those radios were turned off
29th May 2018, 09:25 AM |#26  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Craiova

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Did you reboot the phone after disabling them?

1% per hour is a bit much, I'm looking at 2% for 12h44m of idle since last charge (Cell standby and Android System background usage are both at 0 mins) Device Idle background usage is also at 0m

See if we can narrow it down a bit

Clearing cache from recovery can help too

Also I leave WiFi enabled 24/7

And if you go to bluetooth, then hit the small link at the bottom of the text, turn off scanning options for BT & WiFI (Edit, hold on, lost that setting now, looking for it)

EDIT - Can't find that last setting atm, maybe I killed it with package disabler, but I remember it being in the bluetooth settings, a small link about background scanning which brought you to a screen with two toggle switches, one for WiFi and one for Bluetooth, allowing each of those to continue scanning in the background even if those radios were turned off

Yeah, it is. I was looking at a factory reset, but wiping cache sounds better. I'm a Samsung retard, as my last Sammy phone was the S2 which had no KNOX or other stuff like this. Since then I am a proud owner of a bunch of Xperias which were BL unlocked and running CM in the second I got them. I got the S9 cause I got a good offer and thought it'd be a great phone. But battery life and all the bloat it's killing my vibe.

I have AOD, Data/Wi-FI, High Performance profile, Dolby, Edge Light, Blue Light Filter, WQHD+, Game Mode On, Motion Wallpaper, Auto Brightness on, Forced GPU Rendering, some gestures and Video Enhancer turned on. When using the phone for browsing or using Facebook, I get around 1.5 SOT from 80% to 30%.

I restarted the phone. It seems I disabled the same package haha, but I'm pretty sure I turn them off every time.
29th May 2018, 09:40 AM |#27  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, it is. I was looking at a factory reset, but wiping cache sounds better. I'm a Samsung retard, as my last Sammy phone was the S2 which had no KNOX or other stuff like this. Since then I am a proud owner of a bunch of Xperias which were BL unlocked and running CM in the second I got them. I got the S9 cause I got a good offer and thought it'd be a great phone. But battery life and all the bloat it's killing my vibe.

I have AOD, Data/Wi-FI, High Performance profile, Dolby, Edge Light, Blue Light Filter, WQHD+, Game Mode On, Motion Wallpaper, Auto Brightness on, Forced GPU Rendering, some gestures and Video Enhancer turned on. When using the phone for browsing or using Facebook, I get around 1.5 SOT from 80% to 30%.

I restarted the phone. It seems I disabled the same package haha, but I'm pretty sure I turn them off every time.

AOD will be causing the overnight drain I would imagine, I know with Nougat it was causing problems with dose and obviously the display is enabled throughout too, I always disable AOD

Forced GPU rendering afaik doesn't give any extra performance, I looked into it a long time back and looks like it is just something for devs to use to test their apps, possible it is using more power too

Other than game mode, I have the rest enabled too

Facebook might be draining if it's the FB app, I don't use FB but the gf gets bad drain from their app, she started using it from her browser instead

1.5h is pretty low for 50% battery, games and camera will use a lot of power reducing SoT though, depends how power hungry your usage is really, but yea the S9 battery isn't up there with the best of them considering the performance and specs of the device, I would have hoped for 3500mAh for the S9 flat and 4000mAh for the Plus rather than the same capacity they've had for at least 3 gens now, my S7 flat was also 3000mAh
The Following User Says Thank You to *Detection* For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift *Detection* Ad-Free
29th May 2018, 09:49 AM |#28  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Craiova

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

AOD will be causing the overnight drain I would imagine, I know with Nougat it was causing problems with dose and obviously the display is enabled throughout too, I always disable AOD

Forced GPU rendering afaik doesn't give any extra performance, I looked into it a long time back and looks like it is just something for devs to use to test their apps, possible it is using more power too

Other than game mode, I have the rest enabled too

Facebook might be draining if it's the FB app, I don't use FB but the gf gets bad drain from their app, she started using it from her browser instead

1.5h is pretty low for 50% battery, games and camera will use a lot of power reducing SoT though, depends how power hungry your usage is really, but yea the S9 battery isn't up there with the best of them considering the performance and specs of the device, I would have hoped for 3500mAh for the S9 flat and 4000mAh for the Plus rather than the same capacity they've had for at least 3 gens now, my S7 flat was also 3000mAh

About the GPU rendering you are right, but you know, habits hahaha.

AOD is disabled during the night, where the draining is happening. It was 80% at 12 AM and 74 at around 6.

If FB was draining the phone so bad, it would appear in the statistics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180529-114217_Settings.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	4512905  
29th May 2018, 10:23 AM |#29  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

About the GPU rendering you are right, but you know, habits hahaha.

AOD is disabled during the night, where the draining is happening. It was 80% at 12 AM and 74 at around 6.

If FB was draining the phone so bad, it would appear in the statistics.

True, well looking at your battery usage apps, the only one that stands out is Android System, you have been on battery close to twice as long as me right now, all stats seem normal (double what mine show obviously for your double usage battery time) except System, mine is 3%, yours is over 4x higher at 13%, so looks like a rogue system app/process causing your extra drain

Question is now how to find it, as without root I don't know of any methods to see individual system processes battery usage
29th May 2018, 10:46 AM |#30  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Craiova

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

True, well looking at your battery usage apps, the only one that stands out is Android System, you have been on battery close to twice as long as me right now, all stats seem normal (double what mine show obviously for your double usage battery time) except System, mine is 3%, yours is over 4x higher at 13%, so looks like a rogue system app/process causing your extra drain

Question is now how to find it, as without root I don't know of any methods to see individual system processes battery usage

Facktory re$$et
29th May 2018, 10:51 AM |#31  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Facktory re$$et

If in doubt lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags