FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discussion] Battery life thread

4,050 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,704

By Soufiansky, Senior Member on 15th March 2018, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Share your screenshots here, battery endurance opinions..etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Soufiansky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soufiansky Ad-Free

15th March 2018, 04:31 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
S9 Exynos here.

Second full day (after a half day when I got it) and it's been pretty horrible. I expected it to be average or not great for the first couple days, but this is nuts.

I've got everything on - location, sync, AOD, Bixby, etc - and am losing about 5% per hour with the screen off. Ending the day on 15% with only an hour or two of SOT.

Will be keeping a spreadsheet log of it, including what services are on and how I've used it, so will report back. Hope it improves naturally with everything on though. Reception is also surprisingly average; in the bathroom at work my Pixel 1 had decent enough reception to load videos, but my S9 seems to struggle to even load images. Pixel 1 had 3G in an underground pub, but my S9 couldn't get any data at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to SponTen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SponTen Ad-Free
23rd March 2018, 03:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SponTen

S9 Exynos here.

Second full day (after a half day when I got it) and it's been pretty horrible. I expected it to be average or not great for the first couple days, but this is nuts.

I've got everything on - location, sync, AOD, Bixby, etc - and am losing about 5% per hour with the screen off. Ending the day on 15% with only an hour or two of SOT.

Will be keeping a spreadsheet log of it, including what services are on and how I've used it, so will report back. Hope it improves naturally with everything on though. Reception is also surprisingly average; in the bathroom at work my Pixel 1 had decent enough reception to load videos, but my S9 seems to struggle to even load images. Pixel 1 had 3G in an underground pub, but my S9 couldn't get any data at all.

With screenshots it would be better next time , thanks for your feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soufiansky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soufiansky Ad-Free
24th March 2018, 11:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soufiansky

With screenshots it would be better next time , thanks for your feedback.

Happy to provide them, I just never bother taking them haha. Why better though? I log my battery details in a spreadsheet, so wouldn't this be the same as a screenshot?
The Following User Says Thank You to SponTen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SponTen Ad-Free
26th March 2018, 08:37 AM |#5  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Coral Blue Galaxy S9 battery
2days turned on with 5hrs SoT.
Awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20180325-232433_Settings.jpg
Views:	3210
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	4457961  
28th March 2018, 02:37 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SponTen

Happy to provide them, I just never bother taking them haha. Why better though? I log my battery details in a spreadsheet, so wouldn't this be the same as a screenshot?

It's just better because most people do like that since you just see the screens instead of reading everything, but as you like man
31st March 2018, 02:12 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
battery times (at least european version) are currently worse than s8. most reviews i have read (with comparison) are confirming this.
31st March 2018, 03:28 PM |#8  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4,254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull09

battery times (at least european version) are currently worse than s8. most reviews i have read (with comparison) are confirming this.

Can confirm.

Same settings, apps and usage behaviour.

S9: Usage ~14 hours and 5 hours sot
S8: Usage ~20+ hours and 7+ hours sot

Samsung wtf?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamnotkurtcobain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamnotkurtcobain Ad-Free
31st March 2018, 08:18 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I don't know whether I've conditioned the battery or whether it's the intelligent scan that i turned off (and restarted phone) but i am getting 5hrs sot 36hrs uptime. AOD off. Resolution is fhd+. Exynos s9.
1st April 2018, 09:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4y3r88

I don't know whether I've conditioned the battery or whether it's the intelligent scan that i turned off (and restarted phone) but i am getting 5hrs sot 36hrs uptime. AOD off. Resolution is fhd+. Exynos s9.

Sure i have also 5h SOT (with 2 h playing a game currently) but turning off things shouldn't be the solution to get SOT times still worse than the s8.
The bad thing is most reviews are aware of the bad battery Times but still gave a high rating. So samsung will not fix this as fast as we want as the first reviews are rewarding them.
This should be a high priority issue.
I am sure this idiots will first concentrate their fixes to have higher benchmarks results
1st April 2018, 10:53 AM |#11  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4,254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull09

Sure i have also 5h SOT (with 2 h playing a game currently) but turning off things shouldn't be the solution to still get SOT times worse than the s8.
The bad thing is most reviews are aware of the bad battery Times but still gave a high rating. So samsung will not fix this as fast as we want as the first reviews are rewarding them.
This should be a high priority issue.
I am sure this idiots will first concentrate their fixes to have higher benchmarks results

Do you think it's fixable by Samsung? Maybe the new Exynos is just a battery sucker.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)