Thanks Meter: 576

By iBowToAndroid, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 15th March 2018, 12:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2018, 05:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

Which carrier is yours from and/or where did you get it?

I'm on sprint and I used the Samfirm app to download the sprint firmware. Model SM-G960U and Region SPR.

15th March 2018, 05:09 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I found some other sites with more files but not sure which would be proper ones to use nor do I have a way to get them as seem to require payments or premium download services.
They seem to be much larger in size so probably the full files we'd want?

http://samsung-updates.com/details/1...1UEU1ARBG.html - This one seems to indicate the unlocked model (U1) number but yet is SPR firmware somehow??

http://samsung-updates.com/details/1...USQU1ARB7.html - this one seems like it maybe the actual sprint one for the sprint model?

https://firmware.gem-flash.com/index...egory&id=14757 - This site seems to have other files with different names too. Maybe this is one without the security patch, IE the very first FW?

I like others purchased unlocked but want to load the bloat version to gain the extra features but want it to be able to auto update and be just like the branded ones.

On my old S7E people just had simple instructions with a single file or two to flip between unlocked and locked. This file the OP posted seems too small...
15th March 2018, 05:14 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud

I'm on sprint and I used the Samfirm app to download the sprint firmware. Model SM-G960U and Region SPR.

If you're on Sprint, then you should already have Sprint customizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanu

This file the OP posted seems too small...

Ever heard of compression? I promise you, all the files you need are right there
15th March 2018, 05:16 AM |#14  

More
I bought the unlocked one not the sprint version
15th March 2018, 05:20 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:

I bought the unlocked one not the sprint version

There's no guarantee you can convert. I convert from U to U1 every day for my customers. I don't think I've ever gone the other way though.

But if it's possible, you'd need to flash the full firmware with wipe CSC and SPR userdata, and then afterwards insert a Sprint SIM until you get the prompt to reboot to apply the CSC features
15th March 2018, 05:23 AM |#16  

More
I’ve done it on the S8 I had the S8U and flashed to the sprint version and it worked just fine. Not sure what I’m doing wrong do I need he U1 firmware? It’s been a long time so I can’t remember
15th March 2018, 05:26 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:

I’ve done it on the S8 I had the S8U and flashed to the sprint version and it worked just fine. Not sure what I’m doing wrong do I need he U1 firmware? It’s been a long time so I can’t remember

No, U1 *is* what you purchased, if you got the unlocked model. Did you do everything I said, including inserting a Sprint SIM and watching for the reboot prompt?
15th March 2018, 05:31 AM |#18  

More
Yes I flashed all 5 files and left the sprint SIM in there. The boot loader didn’t change to the sprint logo either like it did on the S8. Maybe the files from the samfirm app are not for sprint I don’t know but for region I put in SPR just like I did with the S8 or maybe I got them from uodato I can’t remember honestly

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

SamFirm v0.3.6.0
Checking firmware for SM-G960U1/SPR/G960U1UEU1ARBG/G960U1OYM1ARBG/G960U1UEU1ARBG/G960U1UEU1ARBG
Model: SM-G960U1
Version: G960U1UEU1ARBG/G960U1OYM1ARBG/G960U1UEU1ARBG/G960U1UEU1ARBG
Filename: SM-G960U1_1_20180228143240_rjycp5j0hq_fac.zip.enc4
Size: 3701765232 bytes
LogicValue: 1d0ttjz7md60l2p1

Checking firmware for SM-G960U/SPR/G960USQU1ARBG/G960UOYN1ARBG/G960USQU1ARBG/G960USQU1ARBG
Error: Could not send BinaryInform. Status code 200/400
Request was invalid. Are you sure the input data is correct?
Checking firmware for SM-G960U/SPR/G960USQU1ARB7/G960UOYN1ARB7/G960USQU1ARB7/G960USQU1ARB7
Model: SM-G960U
Version: G960USQU1ARB7/G960UOYN1ARB7/G960USQU1ARB7/G960USQU1ARB7
Filename: SM-G960U_1_20180212190313_ut86u59ymj_fac.zip.enc4
Size: 4130493888 bytes
LogicValue: d9mn8e5rcebun1km
15th March 2018, 05:35 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:

Yes I flashed all 5 files and left the sprint SIM in there. The boot loader didn’t change to the sprint logo either like it did on the S8. Maybe the files from the samfirm app are not for sprint I don’t know but for region I put in SPR just like I did with the S8 or maybe I got them from uodato I can’t remember honestly[COLOR="Silver"]

As long as you flashed USERDATA_SPR, that's what contains the carrier customizations. If that alone didn't do it, and if you didn't get the reboot prompt afterwards, then it might not be possible
15th March 2018, 05:54 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I think the problem are these files are wrong/not the full conversion.

In my post with the links I put above I found the following.
http://samsung-updates.com/details/1...1UEU1ARBG.html - This one has U1 in name but states SPR, this seems to match these exactly.
Problem with this is that means it is U1 firmware with SPR user data. This means your bootup logo would NOT change to sprint because it's not the full sprint package which means other FW tweaks carrier specific would not be included, only userdata which would require a factory reset to possibly see by itself.

The one the OP found seems to be just the normal U1 firmwares with the data part different only, thus your boot logo etc. would not change because it's the same one and not actually the sprint one.
We actually would need this one:
http://samsung-updates.com/details/1...USQU1ARB7.html

Oddly they both say Feb security patch yet are different FW version, BUT the model in this one is NOT the U1.

I could be wrong but I think this is the issue but no way to confirm since I can't get these other files...
15th March 2018, 06:04 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanu

I think the problem are these files are wrong/not the full conversion.

The one the OP found seems to be just the normal U1 firmwares with the data part different only, thus your boot logo etc. would not change because it's the same one and not actually the sprint one.
We actually would need this one:
http://samsung-updates.com/details/1...USQU1ARB7.html

Do you understand the difference between U and U1? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

Links for each model are in the OP. Click on the link for U firmware, and that's what you'll get. Click on the link for U1 firmware, and that's what you'll get.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)