Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2018, 06:04 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 564

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanu

I think the problem are these files are wrong/not the full conversion.

The one the OP found seems to be just the normal U1 firmwares with the data part different only, thus your boot logo etc. would not change because it's the same one and not actually the sprint one.
We actually would need this one:
http://samsung-updates.com/details/1...USQU1ARB7.html

Do you understand the difference between U and U1? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

Links for each model are in the OP. Click on the link for U firmware, and that's what you'll get. Click on the link for U1 firmware, and that's what you'll get.

15th March 2018, 06:37 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

Do you understand the difference between U and U1? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

Links for each model are in the OP. Click on the link for U firmware, and that's what you'll get. Click on the link for U1 firmware, and that's what you'll get.

Yea I know the difference but guess wasn't clear how it worked changed from my s7 to now.
On s7 userdata contained the bloat but the actual other FW files still differed in some cases between the carrier as they had specific customization unique to them such as radio tuning etc.

I guess with the newer ones you're saying they no longer do this and the boot logo that used to be part of a separate fw is now loaded from userdata also based on csc otherwise how would one get that changed?
15th March 2018, 06:43 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:

Yea I know the difference but guess wasn't clear how it worked changed from my s7 to now.
On s7 userdata contained the bloat but the actual other FW files still differed in some cases between the carrier as they had specific customization unique to them such as radio tuning etc.

I guess with the newer ones you're saying they no longer do this and the boot logo that used to be part of a separate fw is now loaded from userdata also based on csc otherwise how would one get that changed?

There were never userdata files for the S7. They weren't introduced until the S8. Bloatware (apps) was part of the system.img (AP file) on the S7, and carrier customizations (look and feel of status bar/network strength, layout of Settings, etc) was part of the CSC.

For the S8 and S9, the firmware is the same among all U models. All carrier customizations are part of the CSC, and those change based on which SIM you insert. Bloatware is your USERDATA file.

U1 is the unlocked model. Zero bloat whatsoever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free
15th March 2018, 04:35 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
So got mine to take finally.
Sprint logo on bootup/shutdown and all.

Calling Plus working great.
Only down fall is visual voicemail is broken. They added it to app store for unlocked model too finally, but that one when on unlocked FW can never activate, similar to the apk installs people tried on unlocked ones.
On the sprint FW it just never gets notifications and you can't edit settings as they time out communicating though it says that shouldn't impact vm delivery (but it does).

So basically I have no way to know I got VM on either FW. Damn sprint....

But anyway what I had to do was go into recovery, factory reset with cache wipe and booted straight into download mode and flashed the 5 files. After reboot it all flipped over.
15th March 2018, 05:03 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:

So got mine to take finally.
Sprint logo on bootup/shutdown and all.

What I had to do was go into recovery, factory reset with cache wipe and booted straight into download mode and flashed the 5 files. After reboot it all flipped over.

Good to know - thanks for the feedback
16th March 2018, 11:45 AM |#26  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Yes I'd be interested in AT&T firmware. I didn't realize how much they took away if you don't buy "their" phone
The Following User Says Thank You to highaltitude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift highaltitude Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 02:45 PM |#27  
Flag Elizaville
Thanks Meter: 408

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude

Yes I'd be interested in AT&T firmware. I didn't realize how much they took away if you don't buy "their" phone

Me too would really like the wifi calling with at&t on my s9 u1

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
17th March 2018, 08:58 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenVW

Me too would really like the wifi calling with at&t on my s9 u1

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

It's already there and uploaded
17th March 2018, 09:04 PM |#29  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I'm new to Samsung, I came from years of HTC phones. I didn't really understand the Exynos vs Snapdragon thing, I figured eventually the Snapdragon will get its bootloader cracked. LOL. So I bought the Unlocked S9. I'd like to have all the VZW calling features, but not understanding if it's possible. I read some stuff in a S8 Odin flashing HowTo and it said going from U1 to U or visa versa will brick phones. Please tell me how to get the VZW features on my U1 phone. Phone has yet to have any sim inserted, I have the Odin program, I'm familiar with some adb stuff, I just need to know what is the most up to date methods and risk since there are so many tuts from different Odin versions and different Samsung security setups.
17th March 2018, 09:14 PM |#30  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Is there a difference between ROMS on exy or snap chips?
Drivers and so on?
Does it works for both?
17th March 2018, 09:43 PM |#31  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperience Z

Is there a difference between ROMS on exy or snap chips?
Drivers and so on?
Does it works for both?

Snap chips are not unlockable by any official means and no non official has been developed for the s9, I think the S8 has some work around but it gimps the phones performance making it not optimal. Exynos chips are unlockable. Exynos chips to my knowledge don't fully work (no LTE) on the largest US carrier Verizion. Exynos chips are not sold in the US market region by any official channels so import cost are high. I think capabilities are 90% the same but it's the carriers and licensing from ARM Qualcom etc. that create the fragmentation.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)