375 posts
Thanks Meter: 257

Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2018, 07:11 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 71

Donate to Me
More
Question..
Since this is FW and the oem option is present, can this be flashed on a USA model G960U/U1? Further more could it be used to flash SS/FF once a port is made to obtain root? I know the G9600 is a SD model with an unlocked bootloader and it can flash twrp. I know the USA s8 and plus have root and a working SS/FF method. Couldnt the same be applied to our models? I feel root can be obtained if flashing some G9600 firmware. It makes so much sense.

18th June 2018, 07:25 AM |#42  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,170

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by this.guy.lol

Since this is FW and the oem option is present, can this be flashed on a USA model G960U/U1? Further more could it be used to flash SS/FF once a port is made to obtain root? I know the G9600 is a SD model with an unlocked bootloader and it can flash twrp. I know the USA s8 and plus have root and a working SS/FF method. Couldnt the same be applied to our models? I feel root can be obtained if flashing some G9600 firmware. It makes so much sense.

no no and no

this firmware doesnt do anything towards a bl unlock.. all ppl really use it for is to bypass frp

we have no form of root so no ss/ff as of now

also, the same methods they use on s8/s8+ do not work on the s9/s9+ or even latest revs for s8/n8

in fact, s8/s8+/n8 never had rootvon oreo..

and lastly, the g9600/g9650 are not the same and are signed using different keys so they cannot be flashed to a g960u/g965u.. thats like 1 of the very first things ppl try lol.. it also is the same for s8/s8+/n8, they cant flash the unlockable firmware either
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2018, 08:51 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 71

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

no no and no

this firmware doesnt do anything towards a bl unlock.. all ppl really use it for is to bypass frp

we have no form of root so no ss/ff as of now

also, the same methods they use on s8/s8+ do not work on the s9/s9+ or even latest revs for s8/n8

in fact, s8/s8+/n8 never had rootvon oreo..

and lastly, the g9600/g9650 are not the same and are signed using different keys so they cannot be flashed to a g960u/g965u.. thats like 1 of the very first things ppl try lol.. it also is the same for s8/s8+/n8, they cant flash the unlockable firmware either

I'm not concerned about a BL unlock, but more a SS/FF port over since the OEM unlock would need to be present as seen in the previous Sammy phones. Where might I be able to buy a SM-G9650? Regretting buying this phone big time lol. Even tho I knew what I was getting into at time of purchase.
24th June 2018, 08:58 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
can u???
hi so i was wondering if u could go back to stock still with oem unlock in other words if u could go back to the way ur home screen looked before so that i can have the play store while still having oem unlock is this possible
18th September 2018, 08:34 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
The guy in the utube video is in Dallas. Just called him, im in Conroe. 4 hours away. The SOFTWARE GUY wasnt there. Left my name and number with model of phone. 965u1. We will see if hes legit, IF he calls me back . LOL
23rd September 2018, 09:01 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

you do understand that combination roms are NOT ENG and will not help us in rooting right? Not sure why it keeps popping up but we've been in and out of every combo firmware probably since the S6 and not once has it actually helped to root the device...

s8/s8+ it helped us with SamPWND root but that was only because it was permissive and had dm verity disabled... it didnt actually help to "root" the device since for that we needed an actual ENG firmware and some exploits even then to actually root the device...

ENG firmware will clearly say ENG in its name and if you are able to flash it at all it will typically have su binaries already in the system..

So your title is misleading and inaccurate.. what you guys keep finding (thats all over the internet on various sites) is COMBINATION firmware.. this firmware is a FACTORY binary.. typically ppl use these to bypass frp since adb is enabled on boot as well as to do things with EFS such as sim unlick, read/write NV items, certs, qcn etc etc, thats about all its good for right now...

So theres a few different binaries I'll clarify here:

USER Binary = Basically almost all devices will be on USER binary. This is basically your stock firmware.

FACTORY Binary = This is what you have posted in this thread. Basicaly your COMBINATION firmwares are factory binary. ADB enabled by default, permissive selinux and a few test apks to test things on the device but nothing special that allows root.

USERDEBUG Binary = This would allow root! At least an ADB root shell typically. This will have USERDEBUG in the firmware name. I havent really seen a userdebug firmware probably since Note 7 launch? I'd be VERY surprised if one of these popped up for us but if it does thatd be excellent!

ENG Binary = This would be excellent as well as thered surey be a way to root this. It would have ENG in its name and typically has su binaries in system. These are pretty rare. It was used to create SamPWND for the S8/S8+ but only ever had the rev1 ENG.. Never saw one again and no ENG has surfaced for the Note 8 either.

Typically anyone who gets their hands on a userdebug or eng either its leaked from a samsung employee or someone paid a pretty penny for the files.. They dont usually just pop up on t-flash or gsm firm sites.. 99.9% of the time those sites will just have plain old combo firms which we have plenty of...

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.. dont mean to be negative or shoot hopes down but now hopefully ppl will get out there and search for eng or userdebug firm and maybe we'll get lucky lol

You're always so good
27th September 2018, 08:16 PM |#47  
Flag Binghamton
Thanks Meter: 11

More
"networking"; a term that contains multiple definitions. In this situation, it might be a partial answer for what we are looking for. So, get out there , meaning (the internet), and do some networking. Find the right person/people, and maybe, just maybe, we obtain what we seek.
The Following User Says Thank You to kluongo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kluongo Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 11:29 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I'm new to the U version of Samsung devices, since I have a Note 8 F/DS. Meanwhile, my long lost niece is coming to stay with us, and she has a Verizon based S8 U version. Is it possible to unlock this phone and make it work on T-Mobile and better yet, a custom ROM that really works well?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)