FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[guide] black navigation bar

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By marquelito, Member on 13th June 2018, 12:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all. Other day i look around floating_feature.xml in system/etc and i found the line for config nav bar:

<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_ BAR_THEME>SupportLightNavigationBar|SupportForceTo uch|SupportCustomBgColor|SupportNaviBarRemoteView</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_B AR_THEME>

I think if theres an option "SupportLightNavigationBar" lets see if "SupporrDarkNavigationBar" works. And it worked
Don't know if anyone have dicover that but i wann share it with you.

Final code:

<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_ BAR_THEME>SupportLightNavigationBar|SupportForceTo uch|SupportCustomBgColor|SupportNaviBarRemoteView| SupportDarkNavigationBar</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_B AR_THEME>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180613-001023_Settings.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	4525232  
The Following User Says Thank You to marquelito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marquelito Ad-Free
 
 
13th June 2018, 09:26 AM |#2  
Meknes23's Avatar
Member
Flag FFM Hessen
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquelito

Hey all. Other day i look around floating_feature.xml in system/etc and i found the line for config nav bar:

<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_ BAR_THEME>SupportLightNavigationBar|SupportForceTo uch|SupportCustomBgColor|SupportNaviBarRemoteView</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_B AR_THEME>

I think if theres an option "SupportLightNavigationBar" lets see if "SupporrDarkNavigationBar" works. And it worked
Don't know if anyone have dicover that but i wann share it with you.

Final code:

<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_ BAR_THEME>SupportLightNavigationBar|SupportForceTo uch|SupportCustomBgColor|SupportNaviBarRemoteView| SupportDarkNavigationBar</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_FRAMEWORK_CONFIG_NAVIGATION_B AR_THEME>

It works only for rooted S9?
13th June 2018, 01:08 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meknes23

It works only for rooted S9?

I think you can push it via adb. If anyone could help with it
13th June 2018, 01:15 PM |#4  
*Detection*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquelito

I think you can push it via adb. If anyone could help with it


Fairly sure you need to be rooted to mod system files even with ADB, or at least have TWRP installed, in which case you might as well root too as you have already tripped KNOX
18th June 2018, 08:14 AM |#5  
elliwigy's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 7,148
 
Donate to Me
More
or you can just use this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...by4a.setedit22

set

need_dark_navigationbar to 1
need_dark_statusbar to 1

then go switch it to black..

you might need adb initially to get the app permission but its only needed to do once.. actually, you dont need permission for that as its in system settings.. if u want to change secure or global settings you need to set the adb perms
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180617-234441_4A Settings Database Editor.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	4529486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180618-000525_Settings.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	4529488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180618-000951_4A Settings Database Editor.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	4529489  
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2018, 08:16 AM |#6  
elliwigy's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 7,148
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Fairly sure you need to be rooted to mod system files even with ADB, or at least have TWRP installed, in which case you might as well root too as you have already tripped KNOX

not true in this case.. those values are in settings.. you can do it in adb also if you use the settings binary similar to what i just posted.. the app is probably the easiest tho plus u can edit pretty much any setting with the app
18th June 2018, 07:47 PM |#7  
*Detection*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

or you can just use this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...by4a.setedit22

set

need_dark_navigationbar to 1
need_dark_statusbar to 1

then go switch it to black..

you might need adb initially to get the app permission but its only needed to do once.. actually, you dont need permission for that as its in system settings.. if u want to change secure or global settings you need to set the adb perms


Just changed those lines both to 1, but no black has appeared


Also I have a problem with low notification / ringtone sounds, I see there are level settings for that too


What is the adb command to get the full permissions for the app to edit everything? The values are reset back to 0 after a reboot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes