FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] S9 G9600 PayJoy Rent-A-Center MDM Knox Enterprise Disable Bypass

140 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By kekistaneerefugee, Senior Member on 24th January 2019, 03:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I picked up a G9600 and it has a knox enterprise certificate that configures the phone upon initial setup. It is not locked out yet and I can still return it but I’m also trying to figure this weird setup out and possibly clean it up. Rent-A-Center is renting phones that can be remote controlled by them, they supposedly buy them directly from Samsung like this. It’s very interesting!

To remove all of the knox and mdm stuff you have to do this:

Open Samsung Calculator and type in (+30012012732+, this will pop up drp mode, then type in the *#0808#, select DM+Modem+ADB, and hit reboot. You should now have ADB! (you have to do this same method after every reboot)

Once you enable ADB, then you can run these commands to disable knox enrollment center:

"adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.knox.kccagent"

"adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.planetcellinc.ressvc"

"adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.absolute.android.agent"

"adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms"

From here you can also now grant SystemUItuner adb permissions to disable animations and modify your status bar/quick settings. FYI, none of this will survive a reset.

Now all I have left to do is figure out how to enable developer options so that I can OEM unlock. I successfully got CROM app to unlock it, I just have no way to access the toggle. After 7 days the prenormal KG Status did go away.

EDIT: I no longer have the phone so I cannot continue digging into this. It worked on all version of Oreo, I never got to try it on Pie.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kekistaneerefugee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kekistaneerefugee Ad-Free

24th January 2019, 05:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
At Least link the original post dude
25th January 2019, 02:51 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4xh3dr00m

At Least link the original post dude

The YouTube video I learned it from? Lol or the multiple multiple multiple internet pages that I had to such through for each individual step?

Soure: Google Fu
25th January 2019, 07:50 AM |#4  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekistaneerefugee

The YouTube video I learned it from? Lol

Anywhere you got it from otherwise you are taking credit for someone else's work
The Following User Says Thank You to *Detection* For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift *Detection* Ad-Free
25th January 2019, 04:09 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekistaneerefugee

The YouTube video I learned it from? Lol or the multiple multiple multiple internet pages that I had to such through for each individual step?

Soure: Google Fu

Well, maybe.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=78584395

I post this in January 3rd.

Maybe is not the full set of instructions, then you post the rest and now its a full solution (i think). I dont want credits or whatever, i just want to point you must link the info for reference. Videos, Posts and other stuff. If you post the link to the Youtube Video, can be useful.

The work of recopilation its yours, but the info is for all.

This is a community dude.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M4xh3dr00m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M4xh3dr00m Ad-Free
26th January 2019, 01:53 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4xh3dr00m

Well, maybe.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=78584395

I post this in January 3rd.

Maybe is not the full set of instructions, then you post the rest and now its a full solution (i think). I dont want credits or whatever, i just want to point you must link the info for reference. Videos, Posts and other stuff. If you post the link to the Youtube Video, can be useful.

The work of recopilation its yours, but the info is for all.

This is a community dude.

Your comment is the only one that I found after using THIS, obtaining ADB, and disabling knox. Yours wasn't complete so I posted a working solution, for the community dude.
5th February 2019, 08:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
If I do this on my Note 9 will I be able to flash a new firmware without being blocked by frp/mdm?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

*N9600 from Rent A Center.
1st March 2019, 10:42 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdroid86

If I do this on my Note 9 will I be able to flash a new firmware without being blocked by frp/mdm?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

*N9600 from Rent A Center.

Like the OP said, this method cant survive a Reset.
5th March 2019, 08:56 PM |#9  
Victorville
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hello, need a little help with a note 9 from RAC. I was able to get into phone by bypassing set up but I'm limited with what I can use do to samsungs knox modified by RAC. I tried the calculator method from this post by I't didnt work because of the limitations I suppose. Is there any way that you can grant root access to an app like file explorer from a PC to remove frp setting so that I can Odin flash an unmodified RAC firmware.
5th March 2019, 10:02 PM |#10  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandel0074

Hello, need a little help with a note 9 from RAC. I was able to get into phone by bypassing set up but I'm limited with what I can use do to samsungs knox modified by RAC. I tried the calculator method from this post by I't didnt work because of the limitations I suppose. Is there any way that you can grant root access to an app like file explorer from a PC to remove frp setting so that I can Odin flash an unmodified RAC firmware.

Wrong forums, this is the S9 forum, not the Note 9
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9
6th March 2019, 02:08 AM |#11  
Victorville
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Wrong forums, this is the S9 forum, not the Note 9
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9

Yes I kind of got that but I figured it would be the same process and all on how disable samsungs modified by RAC Knox and as it seems to work for me on a temporary disable as listed etc. I know of some apps that need root access can be granted through a PC my question was in how to do that to try and change it through fike explorer. Has it been attempted?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)