FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] Flash U1 firmware to U device

1,304 posts
Thanks Meter: 663

Post Reply Email Thread
First of all, thanks to Raymonf (I dont know his XDA Username) for making these Odin files. This new version of modded Odin allows for flashing custom and official tars AND also compressed binaries, which Samsung will be using in all Odin firmwares from Oreo on.

Oh and doing this doesnt wipe data if you do exactly what I wrote below.

1. Download your devices firmware from below
2. Enable USB debugging by going to settings > about phone > software info > click build number 7 times and enter your password
3. Open command prompt on your PC and type adb reboot bootloader
4. Open odin and select the AP, BL, CP, and HOME_CSC file in their corresponding locations
5. Start it
6. You are there!

To go back, do the exact same thing with the U firmware files!
The Following User Says Thank You to mweinbach For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mweinbach Ad-Free

18th March 2018, 05:31 PM |#3  
OP Portal Writer
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 663

More
Reserved 2
20th March 2018, 09:16 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Thank you for this. In all of the download mirrors for the s9+ the free download is unavailable. Is it asking to much to upload to a site that will offer free downloads?
The Following User Says Thank You to dave812 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dave812 Ad-Free
21st March 2018, 04:39 PM |#5  
Flag Spring Hill, TN
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave812

Thank you for this. In all of the download mirrors for the s9+ the free download is unavailable. Is it asking to much to upload to a site that will offer free downloads?

Any other links to download the U firmware?
The Following User Says Thank You to VandyCWG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VandyCWG Ad-Free
22nd March 2018, 06:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What's the difference on the mod one?
23rd March 2018, 02:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronxxixx

What's the difference on the mod one?

The modded/patched Odin has the model-ID and SHA hash check disabled, therefore allowing you to flash an unbranded "U1" firmware onto a branded "U" phone and vice versa.
As of now this works on most US Qualcom (QC) models, but an increasing number of international Exynos (EX) models now include a new RMM security which prevents this kind of cross-flashing unless you first disable the RMM, by flashing an RMM-Disabler package through TWRP.
23rd March 2018, 06:12 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billa

The modded/patched Odin has the model-ID and SHA hash check disabled, therefore allowing you to flash an unbranded "U1" firmware onto a branded "U" phone and vice versa.
As of now this works on most US Qualcom (QC) models, but an increasing number of international Exynos (EX) models now include a new RMM security which prevents this kind of cross-flashing unless you first disable the RMM, by flashing an RMM-Disabler package through TWRP.

Probably gives better chance to root huh?
23rd March 2018, 05:07 PM |#9  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 34

More
What I'm not clear on is: after I flashed my factory unlocked s9 to the VZW U firmware to see if I could get video calling to work (it didn't) then flashing back to what has been described as stock U1 ARBG firmware, in my about phone it still says VZW/VZW/XAA. Is this set by the SIM. Will this only change when I put a different carriers SIM card into the phone?
23rd March 2018, 06:33 PM |#10  
Flag Spring Hill, TN
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Question, before i dive in...

My UICC is locked to Sprint right now (damn 50 day limit) and I was wondering, if I flash this U1 rom, would I be able to edit the APN? Has anyone else done this?
24th March 2018, 08:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_365

What I'm not clear on is: after I flashed my factory unlocked s9 to the VZW U firmware to see if I could get video calling to work (it didn't) then flashing back to what has been described as stock U1 ARBG firmware, in my about phone it still says VZW/VZW/XAA. Is this set by the SIM. Will this only change when I put a different carriers SIM card into the phone?

That's correct, the unbranded "U1" firmware sets the carrier parameters based on every different carrier sim card inserted.
Don't worry about the VZW/VZW/XAA, for all intended purposes the phone acts as Verizon phone.
It's just a flag, but if you can't sleep over it then do this while rooted:
adb shell su -c echo "VZW" > /efs/imei/mps_code.dat
adb shell su -c echo "VZW" > /efs/imei/omcnw_code.dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCWG

Question, before i dive in...
My UICC is locked to Sprint right now (damn 50 day limit) and I was wondering, if I flash this U1 rom, would I be able to edit the APN? Has anyone else done this?

Flashing the unbranded "U1" firmware will neither unlock the network nor the APN settings if you keep using a Sprint sim.
On the other hand, if you unlock the network and insert an AT&T or Tmobile sim then you should be able to edit the APN, but then again you don't have to edit it because it gets set automatically based on the type of sim inserted.
The Following User Says Thank You to billa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g960u1, g965u1, s9+, unlocked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)