1,335 posts
Thanks Meter: 787

Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2018, 09:19 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestplayer55

Is any root method available for the t-mobile version?

Not at the moment, but there will be a method eventually, when will that be though, I don't know.

7th April 2018, 09:18 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Is there an Xfinity (CCT) specific flashable firmware available? I currently have the S8 and in order for certain functions to work properly, I had to flash my unlocked model to the Xfinity specific firmware. Thanks.
8th April 2018, 12:59 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
So what is the advantage of the u1 over the u? I have a Verizon 960U. Thanks
8th April 2018, 01:14 AM |#24  
Flag Carolina
Thanks Meter: 297

More
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to Samsung again, I had a S2 and later a S5, but things have changed since then a whole lot with the rooting not possible on Qualcomm units.

I want to get rid of the bloat but I don't want to trip Knox if there is actually no rooting right now so I want to ask again (it's been asked before, I know I know, and have read through every post here), will this trip Knox if I flash U1 firmware to my T-Mobile U phone? And secondly, Is there a specific rom/firmware version to flash depending on the latest firmware version on the phone?

I guess that someone would have had to do it to answer, I just don't want to risk the phone just yet, although I got half price by trading in my wife's S7 I still have a long way to go with this phone, hehehe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
8th April 2018, 01:40 AM |#25  
Flag Detroit Mi
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCORivers

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to Samsung again, I had a S2 and later a S5, but things have changed since then a whole lot with the rooting not possible on Qualcomm units.

I want to get rid of the bloat but I don't want to trip Knox if there is actually no rooting right now so I want to ask again (it's been asked before, I know I know, and have read through every post here), will this trip Knox if I flash U1 firmware to my T-Mobile U phone? And secondly, Is there a specific rom/firmware version to flash depending on the latest firmware version on the phone?

I guess that someone would have had to do it to answer, I just don't want to risk the phone just yet, although I got half price by trading in my wife's S7 I still have a long way to go with this phone, hehehe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1. It will not trip Knox
2. 2nd post on this thread
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180407-204157_Knox Status.jpg
Views:	1368
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	4469939  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bzzybfrm313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bzzybfrm313 Ad-Free
8th April 2018, 02:21 AM |#26  
Flag Carolina

More
Deleted
8th April 2018, 02:23 AM |#27  
Flag Carolina

More
Deleted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180407-212228_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	4469974  
8th April 2018, 02:57 AM |#28  
Flag Detroit Mi

More
Quote:

Deleted

Yes the 960 is s9 firmware newest

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

G960 is s9 and G965 is s9+
The Following User Says Thank You to bzzybfrm313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bzzybfrm313 Ad-Free
8th April 2018, 03:43 PM |#29  
Flag Carolina

More
Just finished, booted right away and didn't loose any of my settings. No wifi calling as expected and no video calling option in dialer. Two features I didn't use anyway. Haven't seen anything else being different except no T-Mobile bloat. I guess that's a win. I can always go back to TMobile rom if necessary. Thanks guys.

Edit:

Actually, wifi calling seems to be working. Haven't tried yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to FCORivers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FCORivers Ad-Free
9th April 2018, 02:54 AM |#30  
Flag Detroit Mi

More
Quote:

Just finished, booted right away and didn't loose any of my settings. No wifi calling as expected and no video calling option in dialer. Two features I didn't use anyway. Haven't seen anything else being different except no T-Mobile bloat. I guess that's a win. I can always go back to TMobile rom if necessary. Thanks guys.

Edit:

Actually, wifi calling seems to be working. Haven't tried yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Glad to see everything went fine
The Following User Says Thank You to bzzybfrm313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bzzybfrm313 Ad-Free
9th April 2018, 11:10 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Anywhere else to download this file? Really don't want to have to sign up to be a premium member on those sites to down load it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g960u1, g965u1, s9+, unlocked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)