[HOW TO] Flash U1 firmware to U device

Search This thread

lickwid

Jul 15, 2008
Is there an Xfinity (CCT) specific flashable firmware available? I currently have the S8 and in order for certain functions to work properly, I had to flash my unlocked model to the Xfinity specific firmware. Thanks.

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to Samsung again, I had a S2 and later a S5, but things have changed since then a whole lot with the rooting not possible on Qualcomm units.

I want to get rid of the bloat but I don't want to trip Knox if there is actually no rooting right now so I want to ask again (it's been asked before, I know I know, and have read through every post here), will this trip Knox if I flash U1 firmware to my T-Mobile U phone? And secondly, Is there a specific rom/firmware version to flash depending on the latest firmware version on the phone?

I guess that someone would have had to do it to answer, I just don't want to risk the phone just yet, although I got half price by trading in my wife's S7 I still have a long way to go with this phone, hehehe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bzzybfrm313

Oct 11, 2010
Detroit Mi
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to Samsung again, I had a S2 and later a S5, but things have changed since then a whole lot with the rooting not possible on Qualcomm units.

I want to get rid of the bloat but I don't want to trip Knox if there is actually no rooting right now so I want to ask again (it's been asked before, I know I know, and have read through every post here), will this trip Knox if I flash U1 firmware to my T-Mobile U phone? And secondly, Is there a specific rom/firmware version to flash depending on the latest firmware version on the phone?

I guess that someone would have had to do it to answer, I just don't want to risk the phone just yet, although I got half price by trading in my wife's S7 I still have a long way to go with this phone, hehehe.

1. It will not trip Knox
2. 2nd post on this thread

Last edited:

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
Deleted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180407-212228_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180407-212228_Chrome.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,336
Last edited:

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
Just finished, booted right away and didn't loose any of my settings. No wifi calling as expected and no video calling option in dialer. Two features I didn't use anyway. Haven't seen anything else being different except no T-Mobile bloat. I guess that's a win. I can always go back to TMobile rom if necessary. Thanks guys.

Edit:

Actually, wifi calling seems to be working. Haven't tried yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: bzzybfrm313

bzzybfrm313

Oct 11, 2010
Detroit Mi
Just finished, booted right away and didn't loose any of my settings. No wifi calling as expected and no video calling option in dialer. Two features I didn't use anyway. Haven't seen anything else being different except no T-Mobile bloat. I guess that's a win. I can always go back to TMobile rom if necessary. Thanks guys.

Edit:

Glad to see everything went fine:good:

Reactions: FCORivers

Indyultra

Feb 28, 2012
Anywhere else to download this file? Really don't want to have to sign up to be a premium member on those sites to down load it.

eastsidebiz

Nov 5, 2012

Edit:

Video calling and wifi calling.. are you using TMobile service on a T-Mobile s9? Im thinking you have a T-Mobile s9 and you flashed the Unlocked firmware and then video/wifi calling doesn't work?

Does anyone know if this unlocked firmware also unlocks carrier bands?

I have a Verizon s9 on TMobile service, and wifi calling and video calling doesn't work because Verizon locked bands TMobile uses..

??

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

So what is the advantage of the u1 over the u? I have a Verizon 960U. Thanks

I don't think that you will benefit as much as others who are using devices not from their carrier.

Aside from no bloat ware, your not really winning.

This may come in handy for me as I'm using a Verizon s9 on T-Mobile service, wifi calling.. visual voicemail, video call etc..

Reactions: Indyultra

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
Video calling and wifi calling.. are you using TMobile service on a T-Mobile s9? Im thinking you have a T-Mobile s9 and you flashed the Unlocked firmware and then video/wifi calling doesn't work?

I have a Verizon s9 on TMobile service, and wifi calling and video calling doesn't work because Verizon locked bands TMobile uses..

[emoji123][emoji123]

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

I don't think that you will benefit as much as others who are using devices not from their carrier.

This may come in handy for me as I'm using a Verizon s9 on T-Mobile service, wifi calling.. visual voicemail, video call etc..
Wifi calling does work, video calling does not, doesn't even have the option in the dialer/phone app. You can flash the TMobile UserData and have a TMobile 960U phone, I assume.

Reactions: eastsidebiz

jeremyvbk

Feb 10, 2014

Try taking out the sim card, power cycle the device
Upon restart and the sim card being out still , Dial *#2263#
, and can select the lte bands to enable. Works on the ATT version.

Reactions: eastsidebiz

eastsidebiz

Nov 5, 2012

Try taking out the sim card, power cycle the device
Upon restart and the sim card being out still , Dial *#2263#
, and can select the lte bands to enable. Works on the ATT version.

Don't work for the Verizon branded s9

eastsidebiz

Nov 5, 2012
Try it with the other firmwares posted above, No reason it wouldn't work.

After flashing the u1 to my Verizon u

I got what I wanted, wifi calling

Then I used *#2263# but I really don't know how to use that mode so I just clicked enable all LTE

Rebooted and no boot animation from my carrier and visual voicemail also works.

Video calling does not but I think it has something to do with the phone/dialer that these firmware comes with.

Thanks for this everyone!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, thanks to Raymonf (I dont know his XDA Username) for making these Odin files. This new version of modded Odin allows for flashing custom and official tars AND also compressed binaries, which Samsung will be using in all Odin firmwares from Oreo on.

Oh and doing this doesnt wipe data if you do exactly what I wrote below.

1. Download your devices firmware from below
    2. Enable USB debugging by going to settings > about phone > software info > click build number 7 times and enter your password
    3. Open command prompt on your PC and type adb reboot bootloader
    4. Open odin and select the AP, BL, CP, and HOME_CSC file in their corresponding locations
    5. Start it
    6. You are there!

To go back, do the exact same thing with the U firmware files!

1. It will not trip Knox
    2. 2nd post on this thread
    Try it with the other firmwares posted above, No reason it wouldn't work.

After flashing the u1 to my Verizon u

I got what I wanted, wifi calling

Then I used *#2263# but I really don't know how to use that mode so I just clicked enable all LTE

Rebooted and no boot animation from my carrier and visual voicemail also works.

Video calling does not but I think it has something to do with the phone/dialer that these firmware comes with.

Thanks for this everyone!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot, quick question, i have an at&t "U" model, manage to install the U1 software (wanna get rid of all the at&t apps), everything its working just fine, but when an update comes to the U1 model, can i install it the regular way on odin, or do a need to follow this steps again??

here's the link i use from another post to dowload the system a bit faster: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257047 greatings to the author.