Linux on DeX on S9

Search This thread
G

GuestD0786

Linux on DeX now works on the S9. An update was pushed today which adds support for the S9. You need to be on Android Pie, and then download the LoD 1.0.51 apk from SamMobile. Works well on my S9 Exynos although every once in a while it warns me that the container is running out of memory and LoD may slow down. Other than that it works well.

pcbelem

Apr 23, 2019
Not working for me

Linux on DeX now works on the S9. An update was pushed today which adds support for the S9. You need to be on Android Pie, and then download the LoD 1.0.51 apk from SamMobile. Works well on my S9 Exynos although every once in a while it warns me that the container is running out of memory and LoD may slow down. Other than that it works well.
Hi. It did´t work on my S9 running Pie. Keeps popping up the message Linux on Dex requires your device to have the latest software...bla bla bla...my S9 is up to date. I used the LoD version 1.0.51.

G

GuestD0786

Hi. It did´t work on my S9 running Pie. Keeps popping up the message Linux on Dex requires your device to have the latest software...bla bla bla...my S9 is up to date. I used the LoD version 1.0.51.

Works for me on April 2019 patch. What patch are you running?

pcbelem

Apr 23, 2019
Works for me on April 2019 patch. What patch are you running?
Mine was updated on April 2nd 2019. Current Version: G9600ZHS3CSC1 /G9600OWO3CSAC/G9600ZCU3CSAA - Security patch level: March 1st 2019. When I check if there is any new updade, it says: Your software is up to date. So I will wait until I receive the security patch update of April and test again the Linux on Dex version 1.0.51 on my S9. Maybe this is the problem.

Last edited:

pcbelem

Apr 23, 2019
Mine was updated on April 2nd 2019. Current Version: G9600ZHS3CSC1 /G9600OWO3CSAC/G9600ZCU3CSAA - Security patch level: March 1st 2019. When I check if there is any new updade, it says: Your software is up to date. So I will wait until I receive the security patch update of April and test again the Linux on Dex version 1.0.51 on my S9. Maybe this is the problem.
Today I finally received the April security patch. So I installed and voilà, it worked!!! Now I´m going to install Ubuntu on LoD on my S9.

dj.shauny.g

Mar 4, 2018
With Wine installed you should be able to.

Ok i will check it out when i get there. However i am struggling to get the Linux on Dex beta to install on my s9

At the start when you download the app i am told to click the + button and select download from server.

When i select download from server i get this error message.

Web page not available

The web page at*http://lxd-wv-qa.samsungknox.com/*could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_CLEARTEXT_NOT_PERMITTED

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Sorry was running old version, i have now installed it

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Moto G 5G
OnePlus 9 Pro
Tried it, and I have to say I'm not impressed. Linux Deploy does a better job for the most part. The main advantage of LoD is that it doesn't require root. But we're stuck with and outdated version of Ubuntu with Unity (yuck) and around 4 gigs of unnecessary files. I can't get sshd working either.

dj.shauny.g

Mar 4, 2018

I am having really difficulty installing wine with my s9 on dex.

Do you have any experience with this?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Tried it, and I have to say I'm not impressed. Linux Deploy does a better job for the most part. The main advantage of LoD is that it doesn't require root. But we're stuck with and outdated version of Ubuntu with Unity (yuck) and around 4 gigs of unnecessary files. I can't get sshd working either.

I believe you can update from the official linuxondex webpage. However am unsure how to do it myself.

sergioo7

Jun 26, 2019
My security patch is from June 1, g960wvls5csea but I get the message when I try to run LoD update sftware blah.