FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S9/S9+ Android Pie Discussion (Formerly Alpha/Beta)

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 144

By legojoe8, Senior Member on 19th September 2018, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2018, 03:01 AM |#21  
Cleveland area
Thanks Meter: 33

More
If anyone is wondering, I can confirm that Package Disabler *Samsung* still works in Android 9!!

But when I apply a theme from the Samsung Store my edge screen doesn't work. All it does it slide out and blur the whole screen with no edge panel at all. Take the theme off and it works great.

My front camera works better then ever if you ask me. I have no clue what the article was talking about. Also, I like dark mode. I don't care to turn it off even if I could, Lol.

Hour 36 or so.......Beginning to regret flashing to Android 9. The black background with all settings being bright white is getting a bit old. Bluetooth works when it wants to and the recent apps Task Changer seemed to have downgraded itself back to Nougat somehow. Updating GoodLock has no effect.

Hey Android P...... Nougat called, said it wants it's task Changer back

20th September 2018, 03:20 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
The best thing we can do now is to wait at least a month for a usable variant to leak. This version is alpha and should be treated as so.
The Following User Says Thank You to IllyaK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IllyaK Ad-Free
20th September 2018, 05:29 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Will this work with VZW S9+ ??? also, if i do this, will i continue to recieve OTA or will i have to go back to factory to get OTA updates.
20th September 2018, 11:15 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
I just went there and searched for my latest update for my Verizon S9. I installed it via download mode. It's not the beta, only the Sep 1 security patch.
20th September 2018, 11:18 AM |#25  

More
After the update...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180920-061813_Settings.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	4600722  
20th September 2018, 01:13 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legojoe8

Just for the record I haven't flashed anything yet on my own device. I just wanted to get discussion started where people could talk about pie, give links, and give advice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using XDA Labs

Hi guys, can someone do a short video review and test things, run Geekbench tests, test dolphin emulator games etc. on this Beta Android 9.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregbmil1

If anyone is wondering, I can confirm that Package Disabler *Samsung* still works in Android 9!!

But when I apply a theme from the Samsung Store my edge screen doesn't work. All it does it slide out and blur the whole screen with no edge panel at all. Take the theme off and it works great.

My front camera works better then ever if you ask me. I have no clue what the article was talking about. Also, I like dark mode. I don't care to turn it off even if I could, Lol.

Hi...does flashing this beta trip Knox?
20th September 2018, 01:14 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is this one of those situations where people jump on a early release and then get bl locked to a bad beta?
20th September 2018, 01:39 PM |#28  

More
You can download the beta update but you'll have to use Odin to flash it. I tried to install the beta through download mode and it failed.
20th September 2018, 01:50 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
So 960w users cant install?

damn
20th September 2018, 01:53 PM |#30  
Flag Bronx,Ny
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Anyone else can't get navigation gesture to work 🤔...
20th September 2018, 01:53 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Whowantstoknowville
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simchester

Hi guys, can someone do a short video review and test things, run Geekbench tests, test dolphin emulator games etc. on this Beta Android 9.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Hi...does flashing this beta trip Knox?

I don't think it does trip Knox because it's a samsung official update, not a custom rom.

Sent from my SM-G960U using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pie, beta, galaxy s9, galaxy s9 plus, one ui

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)