FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(No progress yet)Root dev for Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965U (Snapdragon)

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By drakaina, Junior Member on 14th August 2018, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th April 2019, 12:13 AM |#81  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,219

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest_2011

it's still better than .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

tell this to those who bought anything international on ebay and had trouble returning

us warranty is a must. everything is made like **** these days. i end up returning 99% of things i buy, and that's not even electronics but anything. i never buy extended warranty for electronics because i don't waste money on anything warranty-worthy. partly for tax reason. other reason it'll likely fail anyway. my current phones cost $1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinator94

Right but I'm pretty sure that'd brick you. But general rule of thumb, if it was that easy don't you think we'd already have root. But even if, best case scenario, let's say they could work and don't brick us, I'm doubtful we would make it through secure boot. Unless those tars are signed by Samsung and pass the secure boot/Odin security check. And we would have to flash everything, I'm guessing that includes the userdata too because if we just flash one part it and it has one piece to getting around one check, another part might be required to get through another check. I just doubt the **** would boot if we tried flashing it because it would fail the PBL sector.

I don't know honestly the only known ones are the ones posted with guides in the forum.

Also attached is me asking them to release the ENG firmware. For the keks Bois.

Even if they released it, it would not work on your device. To be able to run eng firmware (and consequently, be essentially oem unlocked on a us device), knox requires a special certificate be installed on the device, which is signed by the trust chain and tied directly to the DID# of the individual device. Only then can you boot eng firmware on any device s8 or later.

It took them over a decade to do it, but tthey seem to have finally covered all their bases and closed the remaining exploit vectors
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to partcyborg For This Useful Post: [ View ]

8th April 2019, 07:50 AM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 147

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partcyborg

To be able to run eng firmware (and consequently, be essentially oem unlocked on a us device), knox requires a special certificate be installed on the device

TDIL
9th April 2019, 04:10 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Oh that just killed all my hope, if part cyborg says it can't be done I'm gonna believe him, after the magic he pulled off on the s8 I tend to think he knows exactly what he's talkin about lol
26th April 2019, 02:51 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
There's still a tiny bit of hope for anyone who has US Snapdragon device:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...0u-u1-t3897797

elliwigy has so far managed to get root on a Note9 combination firmware but the kernel panics as soon as he tries to remount partition or install su.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honam1021 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift honam1021 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)