READ THIS BEFORE ROOTING DEVICE
- In any case i'm not reponsable of the beginning of the 3rd World War if you find a way to build a time machine with this guide ! So keep your plans of the time machine in a secure place.
- Any of below said method to root will trip knox and void warranty forever.
- Root process needs wipe data so make backup of important data (including Internal Device storage) before proceed.
- As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Secure folder forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device). Also you may not able to run some banking apps, you can use Magisk Hide
- OTA likely won't work once you root device.
- To unroot device completely, simply flash Samsung stock firmware, Remember, Unrooting won't revokes warranty nor you will be able to use Secure folder/Samsung Pay. Once rooted, these feature gone for you unless some magic happen in future and may find a way to use it.
Magisk hide 17.1 isn't working SafetyNet Fail
Take a look at the pictures at the end of this thread.
If your coming from my another thread about the Magisk 16.3 modified
1.Do a /data backup in TWRP
2.Wipe with TWRP
3.Use odin to update to the latest firmware from samsung
4.Root with this guide and restore.
1.Enable Developer Option (settings - about phone - Software information - Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (if you don't have this option it means that your S9 is incompatible)
3.Download TWRP for S9 or S9+
4.Switch Off device
5.Press Vol down + Bixby + Power to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
6.Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
7.Select TWRP (tar image) with AP tab of Odin and Start
8.Once Successfully flashed, you will see 'Passed' in Odin tab
9.Disconnect device and hold Vol down + power till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot to TWRP
10.Select to allow modification
11.From TWRP, Select WIPE menu - Then FORMAT DATA - You need to type 'yes' to perform wipe. WARNING : This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
12.Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT' Menu and then - 'RECOVERY', This will reboot to TWRP again
13.Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-samsung-1.0 and then Magisk (you can also flash a kernel or xposed)
14.Once flash successfully finish, Reboot to System
14.1 Sometimes the manager doesn't install, you need to just install the manager with the link.
15.Open settings - Developer option - Look for OEM Unlock option. It will automaticaly change to unticked after some reboot don't panic
16.MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE OF BOOTLOADER RELOCK.
Enjoy ! You have your Galaxy S9 or S9+
Hey F10, why my magisk app isn't appearing or crashing when i lunch it ?
You have to delete the related folders of magisk at this path: /data/app
Hello dev, my phone is bootlooping after the flash help me plz.
You missed the dm-verity flash, just flash it.
Hi i tried to flash a kernel and i lost the root. I don't have any backup what should i do ?
Some kernel when flashing re enable the encryption of the / partition so the only way to go back is the backup. Without that you good to wipe and reflash magisk (and loosing all your data).
Does the magisk 17.2 (Beta) works on my Snine ?
Ya it's works.
Magisk 17.1 official:
Xposed Oreo S9: