FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Galaxy S9 and S9+ Official Stock 8.0 MAGISK - UNOFFICIAL

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By frauchgu10, Member on 21st April 2018, 08:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone this a little guide for rooting your Galaxy S9 and S9+ (EXYNOS) with Magisk
The Magisk file provided here is a modified one.

Quote:

Quote:
READ THIS BEFORE ROOTING DEVICE

- Any of below said method to root will trip knox and void warranty forever.
- Root process needs wipe data so make backup of important data (including Internal Device storage) before proceed.
- As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Secure folder forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device). Also you may not able to run some banking apps, you can use Magisk Hide
- OTA likely won't work once you root device.
- To unroot device completely, simply flash Samsung stock firmware, Remember, Unrooting won't revokes warranty nor you will be able to use Secure folder/Samsung Pay. Once rooted, these feature gone for you unless some magic happen in future and may find a way to use it.

This Magisk file is outdated, Magisk hide is not more working SafetyNet Fail

How to Use

Before Beginning I recommend update to the latest oreo update.

1.Enable Developer Option (settings - about phone - Software information - Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (Currently no workaround for those who doesn't have this option )
3.Download TWRP for S9 or S9+
4.Switch Off device
5.Press Vol down + Bixby + Power to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
6.Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
7.Select TWRP (tar image) with AP tab of Odin and Start
8.Once Successfully flashed, you will see 'Passed' in Odin tab
9.Disconnect device and hold Vol down + power till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot to TWRP
10.Select to allow modification
11.From TWRP, Select WIPE menu - Then FORMAT DATA - You need to type 'yes' to perform wipe. WARNING : This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
12.Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT' Menu and then - 'RECOVERY', This will reboot to TWRP again
13.Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-samsung-1.0 and then Magisk
14.Once flash successfully finish, Reboot to System
15.Open settings - Developer option - Look for OEM Unlock option. It will automaticaly change to unticked after some reboot don't stress it's normal.
16.MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE OF BOOTLOADER RELOCK.

Enjoy ! You have your Galaxy S9 or S9+ rooted.
Credits goes to jesec https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=6371894 for the modification of Magisk.

Magisk 16.3 modified:
https://mega.nz/#!ec9zkDIA!w8Q77oIZA...C81WGdCgIUnQvM
no-verity-opt-encrypt-samsung-1.0:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754474353
Twrp S9:
https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys9.html
Twrp S9+:
https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys9plus.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180421-210503_Bixby_Home[1].jpg
Views:	8308
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	4482574  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to frauchgu10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frauchgu10 Ad-Free

21st April 2018, 10:36 PM |#2  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 137

Donate to Me
More
Does this work with SD or only Exynos?
The Following User Says Thank You to Unheard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unheard Ad-Free
21st April 2018, 10:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
But tabletmen! le omelette du baguette! you can not le steal le someones le elses le work!
22nd April 2018, 12:54 PM |#4  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4,254

More
It it you tabletmen? Lol
29th April 2018, 02:57 AM |#5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 578

Donate to Me
More
What about Android pay, or is it just Samsung pay which no one really cares about?

Who are the key Devs working on magisk and getting root bugs fixed on Oreo for the s9?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to roosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roosta Ad-Free
29th April 2018, 07:53 PM |#6  
Flag Hawai'i
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unheard

Does this work with SD or only Exynos?

im guessing its mainly for Exynos, but than again he hasnt answered back so im hoping its for Snapdragon also. that would be solid. thank you.
30th April 2018, 08:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone tried this?
1st May 2018, 09:49 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijp15

im guessing its mainly for Exynos, but than again he hasnt answered back so im hoping its for Snapdragon also. that would be solid. thank you.

If someone find a way to unlock the bootloader of the SD devices this Tutorial will work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frauchgu10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frauchgu10 Ad-Free
1st May 2018, 09:51 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxk

Anyone tried this?

Yeap I did it !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180501-105019_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
Views:	6420
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	4490243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180501-105039_Magisk Manager.jpg
Views:	6434
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	4490244  
The Following User Says Thank You to frauchgu10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frauchgu10 Ad-Free
1st May 2018, 04:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi guys.
After all phases of the process I go through the Developper Options menu and I have OEM Unlock setting turned off. I have turned it on again, reboot but still disabled in the Developper Options. It is safe to reboot and keep it disabled? Please see the attached image. Thanks.

OEM UNLOCK OPTION
The Following User Says Thank You to TidjyK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TidjyK Ad-Free
1st May 2018, 07:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So, I have rebooted my phone although OEM Unlock is disabled. And everything works fine, TWRP and root by Magisk included.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)