FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Smart call feature removed from S9 / S9+

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Hepheastus, Member on 15th March 2018, 07:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After spending a fer moments trying to figure out how to enable the smart call feature on my S9+ like my S7 had I gave up and got on a live chat with Samsung. Turn out that this feature was removed and will not be made available to the U.S. Market. I am very disappointed with this news.

15th March 2018, 07:43 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca

More
I would go :here:

engage in a live chat , maybe if they get enough complaints about this missing we can see it in a update.
16th March 2018, 12:44 AM |#3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,025

Donate to Me
More
Is this just US? As I still have this on my S9 here in the UK
16th March 2018, 12:58 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuBz90

Is this just US? As I still have this on my S9 here in the UK

Yes just the US market, ALL phones...carrier supplied or unlocked.
16th March 2018, 12:59 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Are you talking about this feature here? http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/smart-call/
If that's the case then it looks like i have that on my unlocked S9. Wouldn't phone > settings > caller ID and spam protection be what you're talking about?
16th March 2018, 01:02 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearic

Are you talking about this feature here? http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/smart-call/
If that's the case then it looks like i have that on my unlocked S9. Wouldn't phone > settings > caller ID and spam protection be what you're talking about?

YES, What county are you in? Because the CSR that I was chatting with Samsung told me that ALL phones in the US market are missing that feature.
16th March 2018, 01:04 AM |#7  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,025

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepheastus

YES, What county are you in? Because the CSR that I was chatting with Samsung told me that ALL phones in the US market are missing that feature.

Samsung reps have been known to tell BS lies when they don't have a clue.
16th March 2018, 01:05 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca

More
I am beginning to think then that if it is only the carrier supplied S9's missing it, it is because they want you to pay for their Caller ID service then.
16th March 2018, 01:09 AM |#9  

More
I'm in the USA. Just triple checked to make sure what i'm seeing is that smart call feature. It's the same. So it's an unlocked S9 on cricket, for what ever that's worth. Maybe it depends on your carrier? Phone detects your on verizon it removes said feature?
16th March 2018, 01:11 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearic

I'm in the USA. Just triple checked to make sure what i'm seeing is that smart call feature. It's the same. So it's an unlocked S9 on cricket, for what ever that's worth. Maybe it depends on your carrier? Phone detects your on verizon it removes said feature?

Or Sprint, so miffed that they nerfed the phone.
16th March 2018, 01:14 AM |#11  

More
Sad to say but what do you expect from these larger carriers? They nerf all the good features so they can offer their often sub par versions for a price to you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)