More
Cant seem to find it in the S9+ SM-965F

16th March 2018, 07:45 AM |#22  
Flag Linden, NJ
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuBz90

Samsung reps have been known to tell BS lies when they don't have a clue.

I had a rep tell me (INSISTING!) that SIM unlocking the phone voids the warranty. I even tried explaining she meant bootloader unlocking not SIM unlocking, but she just wasn't hearing it.
16th March 2018, 07:53 AM |#23  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,025

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism

I had a rep tell me (INSISTING!) that SIM unlocking the phone voids the warranty. I even tried explaining she meant bootloader unlocking not SIM unlocking, but she just wasn't hearing it.

Ye it's laughable. I work in customer service myself and if I don't know the answer to a customer's question, I will place them on hold and go find out. I wouldn't even think about giving out false information if I wasn't sure myself.
16th March 2018, 09:03 AM |#24  
Flag Santa Monica
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crsdr37

Check settings to see if you can turn it on find off

Yup I think I actually enabled it before I even knew what it was when I was messing around in the settings.
16th March 2018, 09:27 PM |#25  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabem

I have an unlocked S9 on sprint and it seems to work for me. I haven't had a Galaxy since the S3 so i had no idea what it was but when i got a call from Samsung CS earlier today it showed their name with the "Smart" next to it.

I am done buying carrier phones, unlocked from here on out. I am half tempted to return these just to make a point.
17th March 2018, 04:18 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Just got my TMO S9 today and definitely not seeing the feature as I did on my S7.
17th March 2018, 04:22 AM |#27  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuBz90

Is this just US? As I still have this on my S9 here in the UK

I have been in contact with a mod at the sprint community forum, he was surprised to learn that unlocked phones contained this feature. He too was under the impression that this feature was excluded in the US market. He says he is looking into it but his contract at Samsung is traveling right now. I will share any updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hepheastus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hepheastus Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 12:41 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
if the feature is gone on the branded phones, how does Hiya - Caller ID & Block compare. ??
is that a good alternative?? guess sprint gives 10 days free with theirs, then 3$, if for the plan $3 isnt terrible, if per line $3 isn't happening here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...callerid&hl=en
17th March 2018, 04:14 PM |#29  
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 23,459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG101

Cant seem to find it in the S9+ SM-965F

Phone app > 3 dot menu > Settings > Caller ID & Spam Protection.

It's based on CSC, it's a regional/carrier thing. So your country or carrier may have disabled it.

Here in Australia it's been available since at least the S7.

US carriers tear the **** out of the phone's features for some reason....they pull half of the useful features out of the firmware.
17th March 2018, 07:34 PM |#30  
OP Member
Flag Ithaca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman

Phone app > 3 dot menu > Settings > Caller ID & Spam Protection.

It's based on CSC, it's a regional/carrier thing. So your country or carrier may have disabled it.

Here in Australia it's been available since at least the S7.

US carriers tear the **** out of the phone's features for some reason....they pull half of the useful features out of the firmware.

I am thoroughly convinced it is so they can charge you for their version of what they took out.
18th March 2018, 02:00 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2,287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepheastus

I am thoroughly convinced it is so they can charge you for their version of what they took out.

Definitely.
Without a doubt....once/if root is achieved it's a simple csc edit to get it working.....sucks they do this!

Sent from my God Mode 8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)