FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What Color-Model & Where Will You Order?

T-Mobile Galaxy S9 Midnight Black

16 Vote(s)
16.00%
T-Mobile Galaxy S9 Coral Blue

20 Vote(s)
20.00%
T-Mobile Galaxy S9 Lilac Purple

7 Vote(s)
7.00%
T-Mobile Galaxy S9+ Midnight Black

20 Vote(s)
20.00%
T-Mobile Galaxy S9+ Coral Blue

15 Vote(s)
15.00%
T-Mobile Galaxy S9+ Lilac Purple

13 Vote(s)
13.00%
Order from Samsung.com

21 Vote(s)
21.00%
Order from T-Mobile.com

15 Vote(s)
15.00%

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S9-S9+ Pre-Order-Waiting-Shipping Room

15,037 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,154

By charlieb620, Senior Member on 25th February 2018, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2018, 03:42 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Don't think I'll be getting this phone. I don't feel like paying 120 down for the S9+. I'm on JOD and didn't pay anything for the IPhone X which to me was an actual milestone device. The S9+ is really just an incremental so I dont get the down payment part.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2nd March 2018, 04:22 PM |#22  
Portal Writer
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 788

Donate to Me
More
I ordered mine last, I was told I was the first person to order, lol. S9+ Midnight Black with JOD. Should hopefully have it next week.
2nd March 2018, 05:10 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweinbach

I ordered mine last, I was told I was the first person to order, lol. S9+ Midnight Black with JOD. Should hopefully have it next week.

It probably won't ship next week, I am guessing 3/11 - 3/12 based on the shipping dates info provided by T-Mobile. Tmo used to ship, sometimes like a week or two earlier than anticipated ship date, but lately, they have been right on their announced shipping dates. I am guessing Samsung pressures Tmo not to release earlier than what is announced. But look at the dates below,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 3.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	4435456  
The Following User Says Thank You to jkforce For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkforce Ad-Free
2nd March 2018, 06:05 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I just ordered 2 S9+ one black one purple from Samsung for T-mobile carrier. I wonder how long it will be before they start shipping them out
The Following User Says Thank You to supercharged5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supercharged5 Ad-Free
2nd March 2018, 06:36 PM |#25  
Strange they're going back to a down payment up front for JOD upgrades to the + model. I had to do that with the S7 Edge, Note 7, and S8+, but then with the Note 8, V30, iPhone X there was no Down Payment for JOD, just rolled it into a higher monthly payment. LOL i didn't feel like paying the $120 so just went with the smaller s9 and in a month or two if i change my mind i'll upgrade to the s9+ and pay whatever the rate is at that time. I went with the purple since it'll be in a case and nobody will see it anyway. My wife thought it was "Pretty".
3rd March 2018, 06:29 AM |#26  
Flag Independence, MO
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camwise

Strange they're going back to a down payment up front for JOD upgrades to the + model. I had to do that with the S7 Edge, Note 7, and S8+, but then with the Note 8, V30, iPhone X there was no Down Payment for JOD, just rolled it into a higher monthly payment. LOL i didn't feel like paying the $120 so just went with the smaller s9 and in a month or two if i change my mind i'll upgrade to the s9+ and pay whatever the rate is at that time. I went with the purple since it'll be in a case and nobody will see it anyway. My wife thought it was "Pretty".

I did a JOD upgrade from the Note8 to the V30 on Feb 20. Like the V30 except for some weird issues with old deletrd texts reappearing several times over the last week. Asked about doing a return and going back to the Note8, was told thay was fi r and it would be like I didn't do the JOD upgrade, then I hkt the bad news, I would have to pay $150 down to get back to the Note8. I didn't have to make a down payment when I jumped to the Note8 when I pre-ordered it last year. No down payment for my wife to upgrade to it either. I don't have $150 to put down since I am off work on medical leave with a screwed up knee. They offered to have me do buyer's remorse at my local store and pay $150 down and get bill credits for that amount, do a JOD upgrade pay the $150 down and get $150 immediate bill credit and free overnight shipping, do a JOD upgrade to an S8+ or an S9 with free overnight shipping, or $120 down on the S9+ and free overnight shipping. Again, don't have extra funds available due to tight finances while I'm on medical leave receiving short term disability so I took the deal for a blue S9.

I knew when I was debating the upgrade to the V30 for days last week, I should have listened to my gut and stuck with the Note8. Although the data speeds I have gotten on this V30 have been the best I have ever had. Hit 136 Mbps today. Hope these speeds keep going like that with the S9.

Very impatiently waiting like you all. 😱
3rd March 2018, 05:34 PM |#27  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Guys they changed it! Only if you're well qualified though...no more $120
3rd March 2018, 06:38 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I just bought mine outright from Samsung for $580 shipped with trade in. No payments or anything else and when the S11 comes out I'll do the same thing
3rd March 2018, 06:46 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer21

I called and they are still saying I have to pay 120, I am well qualified and been with them for more than 3 years. I didn't pay anything on the IPhone X. Did you do with JOD and did you do it over the phone or with tforce?

3rd March 2018, 06:46 PM |#30  
Flag Independence, MO
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer21

When did they change it? As of last night when I ordered mine, the S9+ still had the $120 down and I am well qualified. I have been with T-Mobile over 10 years.
3rd March 2018, 07:57 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerdewd

When did they change it? As of last night when I ordered mine, the S9+ still had the $120 down and I am well qualified. I have been with T-Mobile over 10 years.

I don't think it changed. They may have ordered the S9 by mistake. I called and talked to Tforce and both still require a down payment. When I told Tforce that I ordered the IPhone X a few months back without one and they said even today it shows no down payment on the IPhone X for me and other phones but not the s9+ so Samsung is probably the one trying to screw us. So screw them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)