FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 130

By invmini, Member on 13th March 2019, 10:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys

Frija is a new tool (successor of now depreciated tool SamFirm) which allows users to download latest firmware for their device which can be flashed with Odin.
Frija can download Firmware for any Samsung Devices at High Speed.
Auto mode detects any Samsung Phone Model and CSC and finds all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
Frija downloads firmware directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) without any third party websites being involved. It can pause/resume firmware downloads, even after network interruption, or app restart (if download was interrupted).
Frija comes with built in Support form, through which you can reach out to developer about any issues or bugs. Frija has built in App Updater, whenever new release of Frija is available users will be able to update to latest version of the app.
Frija does not have any Background or Startup services, which some users might be concerned about.
It also comes with Night theme, for those who prefer Night Mode on the app

Fun fact about Frija: Frija is named after wife of Odin who can see future (In Norse Mythology) can download latest firmwares which can be flashed using Odin which uses Heimdall (A protocol that connects to a mobile device over USB) and Loke (low-level software running on the device). It kinda added a missing piece to the naming convention Samsung has.

This tool was created by wssyncmldm with contribution from CrazyApe and eragon5779. Devs receive all the support message directly and they are actively working on the app to fix any bugs or issue.

Updates:
NOTE: Auto Update has bug in version 1.1.1 and will need to manually update by using the new zip file posted today

Changelog:

* Improved firmware search.
* Fixed issue where firmware was not available for valid Device and CSC.
* Updated some message strings displayed to user

* Fixed decryption issue of enc2 type encrypted firmware
* Auto updater finally fixed, will not require downloading update manually after this update
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frija-v1.3.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.76 MB, 7998 views)
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to invmini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift invmini Ad-Free

13th March 2019, 10:23 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,691

More
Awesome - We need this! 🐧

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaggyskunk Ad-Free
13th March 2019, 11:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Awesome app! You rock.
13th March 2019, 12:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great work, i would suggest this features too:
- minimize button.
- download percentage.
- showing device name, after typing the model number, Ex: SM-G960F -> Galaxy S9.
Thanks
13th March 2019, 01:38 PM |#5  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedoooMedooo

Great work, i would suggest this features too:
- minimize button.
- download percentage.
- showing device name, after typing the model number, Ex: SM-G960F -> Galaxy S9.
Thanks

1. ...
2. It has a progress bar....
3. Why? Pretty sure you know what phone you're downloading for if you know the model number

----
I would only suggest removing the need to add "SM-" to the start of the model number, but that's just nitpicking, it does what we need it to do
13th March 2019, 06:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 298

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

1. ...
2. It has a progress bar....
3. Why? Pretty sure you know what phone you're downloading for if you know the model number

----
I would only suggest removing the need to add "SM-" to the start of the model number, but that's just nitpicking, it does what we need it to do

You sure there are no devices without "SM-" ? just asking
13th March 2019, 07:33 PM |#7  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suyash1629

You sure there are no devices without "SM-" ? just asking

Samsung Mobile?
13th March 2019, 09:53 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Samsung Mobile?

There are older devices with something other than SM
13th March 2019, 10:44 PM |#9  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suyash1629

There are older devices with something other than SM

Devices with G960F as their model name? or any other conflicting device name after something other than SM ?

Makes no difference, just quicker to type, but I don't think there are any other G960F Samsung devices other than the SM-G960F, and same with other models. so you will not download the wrong firmware by missing out SM-
13th March 2019, 11:53 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Older model had other initials for example Sprint S3 was SPH-L710 and Sprint S4 was SPH-L720T
14th March 2019, 07:33 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's not working for me. Just gives me error unable to fetch firmware for everything,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)