[Tool] Frija - Samsung firmware downloader/checker

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 128

By invmini, Member on 13th March 2019, 10:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2019, 07:33 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's not working for me. Just gives me error unable to fetch firmware for everything,

14th March 2019, 08:45 AM |#12  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,543

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suyash1629

Older model had other initials for example Sprint S3 was SPH-L710 and Sprint S4 was SPH-L720T

Yes, my point was there won't be another model with L710, there will be only one L710 regardless of what it says before it

For example there will not be an SPH-L710 and an SM-L710, just like there will not be an SPH-G960F and an SM-G960F

So adding the section before it really should make no difference at all, unless it is required to find the firmware on the servers, for the user (us) we should not need it either way

How many Samsung devices are called G960F? Only 1
How many Samsung devices are called L710? Only 1
14th March 2019, 03:41 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
I've got the same errors as with SamFirm:
Quote:

"Cannot find GlobalUtil.dll. Please re-install this application"

as a pop up and in the log:
Quote:

Checking latest firmware for SM-G960F/DBT/G960FXXU1BRE5/G960FOXM1BRE3/G960FXXU1BRE3
Error loading library: AgentModule.dll Error code: 1114
Please make sure "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" are installed
Error: Could not send BinaryInform. Status code 200/401 Authorization failed

Of course Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) are installed and the only reason I can think off is that I try to run it on a Windows Server 2016 maschine.
14th March 2019, 07:50 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 298

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeck

I've got the same errors as with SamFirm:

as a pop up and in the log:

Of course Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) are installed and the only reason I can think off is that I try to run it on a Windows Server 2016 maschine.

You have all these files in same directory right? Just to confirm

Because the actual error is app not being able to find AgentModule.dll

AgentModule, CommonModule and GlobalUtils must be on same directory as exe file
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190314-144924_My Files.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	4723749  
14th March 2019, 07:55 PM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Yes, my point was there won't be another model with L710, there will be only one L710 regardless of what it says before it

For example there will not be an SPH-L710 and an SM-L710, just like there will not be an SPH-G960F and an SM-G960F

So adding the section before it really should make no difference at all, unless it is required to find the firmware on the servers, for the user (us) we should not need it either way

How many Samsung devices are called G960F? Only 1
How many Samsung devices are called L710? Only 1

Looks like you answered It yourself, so you cant just remove SM and make it default because there other devices with some other initials than SM and it cant be predicted for each device, unless you'd want devs to make database of huge number of uncountable devices
14th March 2019, 09:41 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

You have all these files in same directory right? Just to confirm

afirm, all in place
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	folder content.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	4723790  
14th March 2019, 10:19 PM |#17  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Looks like you answered It yourself, so you cant just remove SM and make it default because there other devices with some other initials than SM and it cant be predicted for each device, unless you'd want devs to make database of huge number of uncountable devices

Any searchable database index could be set to bring up a list of results based on "Contains" rather than "Exact", so typing G960F would then bring up SM-G960F as it "Contains" that sequence of characters, client coding would decide if that worked or not, hence my suggestion

For example Sammobile, not only searches model database, but also firmware database
https://i.ibb.co/wKNHjBF/Capture.jpg

15th March 2019, 04:19 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

....[blabla]... only reason I can think off is that I try to run it on a Windows Server 2016 maschine.

The reason for the trouble was indeed the Windows server edition and its default settings, therefore the solution was:
1. Installing SmartSwitch to prevent any missing dependencies
2. Running SmartSwitch and acknowledge that it has trouble running because of a missing "wlanapi.dll"
3. Enabling Wireless Networking Details on how its done
4. Deinstalling SmartSwitch
5. Enjoy

Many thanks to @suyash1629 for the support!
15th March 2019, 04:21 PM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The reason for the trouble was indeed the Windows server edition and its default settings, therefore the solution was:
1. Installing SmartSwitch to prevent any missing dependencies
2. Running SmartSwitch and acknowledge that it has trouble running because of a missing "wlanapi.dll"
3. Enabling Wireless Networking Details on how its done
4. Deinstalling SmartSwitch
5. Enjoy

Many thanks to @suyash1629 for the support!

I am glad things worked out for you
16th March 2019, 05:57 AM |#20  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Any searchable database index could be set to bring up a list of results based on "Contains" rather than "Exact", so typing G960F would then bring up SM-G960F as it "Contains" that sequence of characters, client coding would decide if that worked or not, hence my suggestion

For example Sammobile, not only searches model database, but also firmware database
https://i.ibb.co/wKNHjBF/Capture.jpg

Would you like to make contribution by implementing it? Frija is not dependent on third party website to pull up firmware information at all, which means same thing has to be kept in mind while implementing what you are thinking of, which requires to populate a huge database of all the Samsung devices and their models.
16th March 2019, 11:09 AM |#21  
Flag Durham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wssyncmldm

Would you like to make contribution by implementing it? Frija is not dependent on third party website to pull up firmware information at all, which means same thing has to be kept in mind while implementing what you are thinking of, which requires to populate a huge database of all the Samsung devices and their models.

This is your project? You know how this app works?

What you are doing is called trolling and you changed your name lol

Quit or you will be reported, you are on ignore
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)