FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] KnoxPatcher - use Secure Folder after root

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By nm111, Junior Member on 21st May 2019, 05:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have finally figured out a way to use Secure Folder with a rooted / knox tripped phone!
So far this is WIP, but I have tested it to work on an SM-G960F running April 2019 rom.
You will need a GNU/Linux machine to patch your system, but a flashable zip is coming soon.
Instructions (note these are github links, I can't post actual links):
  • Get the tool at nm111/knoxpatch2
  • Install dexpatcher. You can use DexPatcher/dexpatcher-gradle-tools
  • Install vdexExtractor and compact_dex_converter (both can be found at anestisb/vdexExtractor)
  • Run ./pull_files.sh
  • Run ./patch.sh
  • Copy out/services.jar back onto the device.
  • Edit build.prop and remove ro.config.iccc_version.
  • Now secure folder will work.
Proof coming soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nm111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nm111 Ad-Free

22nd May 2019, 10:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
You would be our hero if you can complete this project
22nd May 2019, 05:09 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I have done some research, and I think it is unlikely that a flashable zip would work, unless someone could get compact_dex_converter running in TWRP (it just segfaults). I added some more scripts to download and deodex services.jar. Also I have uploaded my own patched build PPR1.180610.011.G960FXXS3CSD1 services.jar at drive[.]google[.]com/file/d/1AW7urpwMzjj3gorumsmfMeu6qh3cxD6J/view?usp=sharing. BTW, this works perfectly as far as I can see. Could someone try it out and post what happens?
23rd May 2019, 05:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It's just for pie?
23rd May 2019, 06:08 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkazzzget

It's just for pie?

In theory, it should work on oreo, but I haven't tried it. You need to patch yourself though.
24th May 2019, 09:25 AM |#6  
Good news bro and good work, i wait the flashable Zip
24th May 2019, 02:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Nice work hope we can get the flushable soon
26th May 2019, 06:25 PM |#8  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 598

More
Eagerly waiting. The only thing stopping me from rooting is Knox tripper!!! Don't want to lose my last 6 months of warranty.

By the way, Wil this be universal and not processor specific? Curious me!
26th May 2019, 07:07 PM |#9  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Are other features like samsung pass / pay accessible with this patch ? Normally you also lose these with root
26th May 2019, 08:27 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by effry

Are other features like samsung pass / pay accessible with this patch ? Normally you also lose these with root

Samsung pass would probably never work as it checks the warranty status internally in the trustlet and just never allows storage of data if WB is blown. Samsung pay may work if I can bypass the signature check (I am working on it now).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nm111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nm111 Ad-Free
27th May 2019, 05:25 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeyaan

Eagerly waiting. The only thing stopping me from rooting is Knox tripper!!! Don't want to lose my last 6 months of warranty.

By the way, Wil this be universal and not processor specific? Curious me!

You will still lose warranty if you root, this is just so you can use Knox apps.
It might work on other phones (i think that's what you mean), but I don't have any other phones so can't check.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)