FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

For those who use Verizon MVNO's VoLTE Now works after Update!

13,711 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,148

Post Reply Email Thread
I have a Verizon S9 with flashed T-Mobile firmware from back when I had it on Metro, which has the Verizon bloat from inserting a Verizon sim, anyway I use RedPocket CDMA Verizon on this phone now, and apparenlty VoLTE was broken last year after an update and there was work arounds like enabling emergancy mode and swaping the sim and it would stay until reboot.

Well Glad to say the new July update, it now has VoLTE!! There is now an option under Mobile Networks for VoLTE. And it works!

One strange thing though now instead of it showing Verizon, as the network it shows "Roaming Indicator off" which its not roaming. But just glad to VoLTE now works!

Another note: This T-Mobile update doesnt show avalible yet online? but yet it updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	4794137   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	4794138  

10th August 2019, 06:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I wonder if there a way I can get where you are. I have a tmoble s8+ and put a verizon sim in to switch it to verizon and then switched that for my red pocket sim and VOLTE option shows in the menu but when I go to the *#*#4636#*#* menu also available through forceLTE app I see VOLTE but its grayed out. Also just as weird is that wifi calling is switched on and I cant turn it off. DO you have wifi calling on and which firmware are you on? I am on security patch level april 1st 2019.. Maybe I need to get your update and that will do it, but I show no update available.
10th August 2019, 06:44 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wilmington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhits45

I wonder if there a way I can get where you are. I have a tmoble s8+ and put a verizon sim in to switch it to verizon and then switched that for my red pocket sim and VOLTE option shows in the menu but when I go to the *#*#4636#*#* menu also available through forceLTE app I see VOLTE but its grayed out. Also just as weird is that wifi calling is switched on and I cant turn it off. DO you have wifi calling on and which firmware are you on? I am on security patch level april 1st 2019.. Maybe I need to get your update and that will do it, but I show no update available.

You might have to manually flash the update. But the April patch doesn’t have it for the S9 anyway.

I don’t think redpocket does WiFi calling volte setting is under mobile networks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10th August 2019, 07:18 PM |#4  

More
Is your software ver PPR1.180610.011.g955USQU5DSD3?

Yeah red pocket does not support wifi calling or video calling that is why I cant figure out why that is turned on on my phone. I just want VOLTE to work. I have it in the network settings menu just not on the field test mode 4636 menu and when I make a call no VOLTE.

I might just start from scratch with oden and download the latest verizon image. My CSC says VZN/VZN/TMB. Is that what yours says? granted I know your on an s9 but the s8 and s9 and even the 10 are really similar with there software packages.
10th August 2019, 07:21 PM |#5  
Flag Wilmington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Is your software ver PPR1.180610.011.g955USQU5DSD3?

I had an S9 not an S8. But in another forum others confirmed after the latest update there S8 did indeed work with volte as well

10th August 2019, 07:24 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton

I had an S9 not an S8. But in another forum others confirmed after the latest update there S8 did indeed work with volte as well

YeAH i Know the guys on telegram say most of the stuff works the same between the 3 phones with only minor differences..

This has to be what your talking about.. https://9to5google.com/2019/07/25/ga...-code-scanner/

Here is the reason I believe Im not seeing the update.. https://thedroidguy.com/2019/06/what...pdates-1081849
10th August 2019, 09:23 PM |#7  

More
Son of a... awesome.. Ok so I re-enabled auto pre-config.. See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...8#post79937998

THen I put in a tomble sim and got the update for july. Im downloading it now. I thought that disabling auto pre-config would be a good idea but I relaized the verizon is so anal that they would not allow me to get the update because my phone is really a tmoble branded. Anyway tmoble will give me the update then I can auto preconfig back to verizon and be using VOLTE... THANK YOU for your topic.. finally got it..

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Unfortunately I'm not getting as lucky as you are. I cant get on VOLTE, I cant even get on CDMA now with my red pocket sim. Ill keep working on it and see if anything else needs to be done, maybe a reset. I got cdma and i think ill have to disable auto pre config.
13th August 2019, 10:37 PM |#8  

More
I wanted to post another update to those who are using an MVNO verizon or possibly other carriers, for s8-s10. I was finally able to get VOLTE to work but you must flash the matching carrier firmware, auto pre config will not work when using an MVNO. I Flashed the verizon firmware for my tmobile S8 and got the verizon modem file which I think made the difference. My CSC changes to vzn/xaa/tmb. Use odin and flash the CSC or CSC home and everything else in the other fields minus userdata. CSC will erase userdata, csc home will not.
14th August 2019, 01:13 AM |#9  
Flag Wilmington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I wanted to post another update to those who are using an MVNO verizon or possibly other carriers, for s8-s10. I was finally able to get VOLTE to work but you must flash the matching carrier firmware, auto pre config will not work when using an MVNO. I Flashed the verizon firmware for my tmobile S8 and got the verizon modem file which I think made the difference. My CSC changes to vzn/xaa/tmb. Use odin and flash the CSC or CSC home and everything else in the other fields minus userdata. CSC will erase userdata, csc home will not.

Glad you got it! On my s9 as long as auto config switched it was fine. Even worked on T-Mobile firmware for volte before the auto config

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s9, mvno, verizon, volte

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)