FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Call quality

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 902

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th February 2018, 08:04 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you call granny, does she keep saying "Huh?! Wut?!" or does the conversation flow pretty well? Rate this thread to express how you feel about the Samsung Galaxy S9's call quality. A higher rating indicates that calls are clear and crisp, and that regardless of background noise, you can hear the other party clearly (and with ample volume) and they can hear you.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

17th March 2018, 08:20 AM |#2  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
My calls stay connected by go silent after a short period. Sometimes it returns for a few seconds then goes quiet again

Odd the one thing that I expect a phone todo is make phone calls

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Constantly drops calls
17th March 2018, 02:50 PM |#3  
Flag muc
Thanks Meter: 7

More
deactivate VoLTE and WLAN Call and try again
17th March 2018, 04:24 PM |#4  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggler-

deactivate VoLTE and WLAN Call and try again

Neither are active or even available as it's a sim free phone and those functions only work on a phone provided by the network
19th March 2018, 05:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by searley

My calls stay connected by go silent after a short period. Sometimes it returns for a few seconds then goes quiet again

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Constantly drops calls

I have the S9 dual SIM model and have exactly the same problem!
30th March 2018, 05:15 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad25121048

I have the S9 dual SIM model and have exactly the same problem!

I had the same problem with my new S9 in Australia. While I was talking on a call minute or so it would go silent for the other party for about 6 seconds then come back. I had only had the phone for 5 days so took it back to Harvey Norman. After checking with their Samsung Franchisee, they exchanged the phone but only because it was less than 15 days from purchase. Still testing the replacement.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
2nd April 2018, 03:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Periods of silence during calls
Quote:
Originally Posted by searley

Constantly drops calls

My wife and I each bought a new Samsung S9 phone on March 16 at an Xfinity Mobile store near Boston. Both phones were activated with new SIM cards. Both phones experience random "dead air" lasting from three to 10 seconds during a call. This is very annoying. We have turned off VoLTE calling and Global Networks in settings. No difference.

Now waiting for Samsung's firmware update and hoping this will fix the problem.
7th April 2018, 03:53 PM |#8  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This is a known and longing problem. Mine is affected as well. https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...t3763887/page1
20th April 2018, 03:05 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark5tar

This is a known and longing problem. Mine is affected as well. https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...t3763887/page1

I have tried 3 Galaxy S9s over six weeks. All 3 have had multiple intermittent silences of about 6 seconds each during calls. I MAY have a workaround for Australians. I have changed service provider to Telstra (Instead of an Aldimobile) with VOLTE OFF for my SIM#.
On Day 2 with NO call drops or silences so far. SEEMS that the network Telstra rent to AldiMobile in Australia is incompatible with the Samsung Galaxy S9 as may be other networks reported:

SILENCES ON S9 CALLS REPORTED ON THESE NETWORKS:
Australia (Woolworths, Telechoice, Vodafone with VOLTE on, Aldimobile)
UK (EE, Sky, Vodafone, Three)
India (Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, Jio),
Ireland (EE)
NZ (Spark)
Belgium (Proximus)
Italy (Windtre)
Poland (?)
Spain (?)
US (TMobile, Verizon Wireless CDMA)
Jordan (?)
Russia (?)

NO SILENCE IN CALLS PROBLEM SO FAR:
Australia (Telstra with Volte OFF)

Please add your country and service provider to the appropriate list if you are (or are not) having the same problem with your new S9.

21st April 2018, 04:40 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinysam

I have tried 3 Galaxy S9s over six weeks. All 3 have had multiple intermittent silences of about 6 seconds each during calls. I MAY have a workaround for Australians. I have changed service provider to Telstra (Instead of an Aldimobile) with VOLTE OFF for my SIM#.
On Day 2 with NO call drops or silences so far. SEEMS that the network Telstra rent to AldiMobile in Australia is incompatible with the Samsung Galaxy S9 as may be other networks reported:

SILENCES ON S9 CALLS REPORTED ON THESE NETWORKS:
Australia (Woolworths, Telechoice, Vodafone with VOLTE on, Aldimobile)
UK (EE, Sky, Vodafone, Three)
India (Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, Jio),
Ireland (EE)
NZ (Spark)
Belgium (Proximus)
Italy (Windtre)
Poland (?)
Spain (?)
US (TMobile, Verizon Wireless CDMA)
Jordan (?)
Russia (?)

NO SILENCE IN CALLS PROBLEM SO FAR:
Australia (Telstra with Volte OFF)

Please add your country and service provider to the appropriate list if you are (or are not) having the same problem with your new S9.

I have not had any problems with calls on my S9 so far. I am on the MetroPCS network in the USA. MetroPCS uses the same network as TMobile.
Have had multiple 30 minute and longer phone calls without any dead air.
28th April 2018, 12:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
same issue... especially with the 5-6 second pauses. Im on STC network in Saudi Arabia.
The Following User Says Thank You to FRoZeN ACiD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FRoZeN ACiD Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)