FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heat

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 902

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th February 2018, 08:04 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the Samsung Galaxy S9 stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

7th May 2018, 04:06 AM |#2  
Flag Guelph, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Just got an S9 today, I agree about the heat. Though I've found using power saving modes cpu limiter helps a lot.
12th May 2018, 12:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
my device only gets warm when its in direct sunlight, otherwise its staying pretty cool, ive had some people in our groups talk about it too but what ive seen people say none had the issues you said, that sounds pretty serious, maybe ask around in our group, its in my signature
13th May 2018, 12:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Three weeks in and not at all noticing any heat issues.
18th May 2018, 10:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by que3jxp

Three weeks in and not at all noticing any heat issues.

That means three weeks of not even using the phone for proper tasks, not even recording videos
Money well spent.
18th May 2018, 12:56 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirnocirno

That means three weeks of not even using the phone for proper tasks, not even recording videos
Money well spent.

Ha ha ha...

I use my phone plenty. My wife uses here S9 a WHOLE LOT. Neither of us have heat issues. I am pretty confident that it is because they are not Exynos based phones as it seems most (If not all) in this thread that are complaining about heat are Exynos phone owners.
The Following User Says Thank You to que3jxp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift que3jxp Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 03:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Exynos based model here, heat is very reasonable especialy when I keep my good old s5+ in mind. During light tasks like whatsapp twitter or watching video's the phone doesn't noticbilly warm up. Browsing the web (for a long time) and some 2D Games make the phone heating up a little but nothing special. Playing some graphicly heavy games does warm the device up but I've so far even with longer gaming sesions never got my peformance dropped signicantly. It just kept peforming like it should. in contrary to my old galaxy s5 which would throttle it's gpu clock within 10 (mostly within 5!) minutes of playing a graphicly intensive game. The device would become very hot. Altough this one can also generate quite some heat if you really push it, but holds up way better with prolonged gaming sessions peformance wise. Really can't complain about it.
19th May 2018, 08:09 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by que3jxp

Ha ha ha...

I use my phone plenty. My wife uses here S9 a WHOLE LOT. Neither of us have heat issues. I am pretty confident that it is because they are not Exynos based phones as it seems most (If not all) in this thread that are complaining about heat are Exynos phone owners.

Don't worry, I was just joking with you. But glad to hear you're not unlucky with the heat problems and most likely a Snapdragon user.
The Following User Says Thank You to cirnocirno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cirnocirno Ad-Free
19th May 2018, 06:04 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirnocirno

Don't worry, I was just joking with you. But glad to hear you're not unlucky with the heat problems and most likely a Snapdragon user.

Ya, we are indeed rocking Snapdragon models. It really makes me wonder why Samsung even bothers with the Exynos. They either screw them up or don't support them or don't include LTE support (S3) and so on and so on...
20th May 2018, 03:41 AM |#10  
Flag Mabalacat
Thanks Meter: 190

More
I had my phone overheat once, to the point it's really burning to touch. It happened just awhile ago while outside and installing the gcam port which they said has working portrait mode, I tried it, it does not fc but it does not get the job done, and it only makes my phone lag. I guess the overheat came from that gcam and the outside environment. I couldnt help but restart my phone, now everything works normal again. S9 Exy.
20th May 2018, 07:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Experiencing some heat issues recently . Restarted my phone and wipe cache partition everything works fie now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)