Heat

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the Samsung Galaxy S9 stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

denja12

Dec 23, 2012
my device only gets warm when its in direct sunlight, otherwise its staying pretty cool, ive had some people in our groups talk about it too but what ive seen people say none had the issues you said, that sounds pretty serious, maybe ask around in our group, its in my signature

que3jxp

Dec 26, 2008
That means three weeks of not even using the phone for proper tasks, not even recording videos :)
Money well spent.

Ha ha ha...

I use my phone plenty. My wife uses here S9 a WHOLE LOT. Neither of us have heat issues. I am pretty confident that it is because they are not Exynos based phones as it seems most (If not all) in this thread that are complaining about heat are Exynos phone owners.

Reactions: cirnocirno

TMCThomas

Aug 15, 2016
Exynos based model here, heat is very reasonable especialy when I keep my good old s5+ in mind. During light tasks like whatsapp twitter or watching video's the phone doesn't noticbilly warm up. Browsing the web (for a long time) and some 2D Games make the phone heating up a little but nothing special. Playing some graphicly heavy games does warm the device up but I've so far even with longer gaming sesions never got my peformance dropped signicantly. It just kept peforming like it should. in contrary to my old galaxy s5 which would throttle it's gpu clock within 10 (mostly within 5!) minutes of playing a graphicly intensive game. The device would become very hot. Altough this one can also generate quite some heat if you really push it, but holds up way better with prolonged gaming sessions peformance wise. Really can't complain about it.

Reactions: MetallicS

cirnocirno

Dec 1, 2010
Ha ha ha...

I use my phone plenty. My wife uses here S9 a WHOLE LOT. Neither of us have heat issues. I am pretty confident that it is because they are not Exynos based phones as it seems most (If not all) in this thread that are complaining about heat are Exynos phone owners.

Don't worry, I was just joking with you. But glad to hear you're not unlucky with the heat problems and most likely a Snapdragon user.

Reactions: que3jxp

que3jxp

Dec 26, 2008
Don't worry, I was just joking with you. But glad to hear you're not unlucky with the heat problems and most likely a Snapdragon user.

:D:D:D

Ya, we are indeed rocking Snapdragon models. It really makes me wonder why Samsung even bothers with the Exynos. They either screw them up or don't support them or don't include LTE support (S3) and so on and so on...

Reactions: MetallicS

kyooohei08

Sep 24, 2016
Mabalacat
I had my phone overheat once, to the point it's really burning to touch. It happened just awhile ago while outside and installing the gcam port which they said has working portrait mode, I tried it, it does not fc but it does not get the job done, and it only makes my phone lag. I guess the overheat came from that gcam and the outside environment. I couldnt help but restart my phone, now everything works normal again. S9 Exy.

tjh98

Jul 4, 2018
Mine usually heats up after a few mins of using Snapchat. I don’t play games so can’t comment on them.

UsualSuspectReaL

Nov 5, 2010
Athens Greece
Well, the heat exist only because you have hot weather like me here @ Greece. Today with 34 Celsius without A/C. the device was untouched.. after the first update (i buy it today lol)
But i use it 5-6 hours all the time with 4g open, facebook, messenger,instagram, a lot of videos and photos and device was perfect without heat or something..

Btw i left from my home at 19:00 with 86% battery and i came home with 14% at 23:00 :) I think it's perfect.

I had my phone overheat once, to the point it's really burning to touch. It happened just awhile ago while outside and installing the gcam port which they said has working portrait mode, I tried it, it does not fc but it does not get the job done, and it only makes my phone lag. I guess the overheat came from that gcam and the outside environment. I couldnt help but restart my phone, now everything works normal again. S9 Exy.
Same thing happened with me today after installing the gcam mod, restarting phone helps, everything became normal again... Also S9 Exynos user.

MetallicS

Aug 4, 2009
Jeddah
I'm a heavy gamer (Exynos Version). The phone heats up to 43 degrees Celsius (109.4 fahrenheit) when playing for about half an hour.
Why? Because in the middle east the temperature is already 36 degrees Celsius right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got an S9 today, I agree about the heat. Though I've found using power saving modes cpu limiter helps a lot.
    Three weeks in and not at all noticing any heat issues.

That means three weeks of not even using the phone for proper tasks, not even recording videos :)
    Money well spent.
    Money well spent.

Ha ha ha...

Exynos based model here, heat is very reasonable especialy when I keep my good old s5+ in mind. During light tasks like whatsapp twitter or watching video's the phone doesn't noticbilly warm up. Browsing the web (for a long time) and some 2D Games make the phone heating up a little but nothing special. Playing some graphicly heavy games does warm the device up but I've so far even with longer gaming sesions never got my peformance dropped signicantly. It just kept peforming like it should. in contrary to my old galaxy s5 which would throttle it's gpu clock within 10 (mostly within 5!) minutes of playing a graphicly intensive game. The device would become very hot. Altough this one can also generate quite some heat if you really push it, but holds up way better with prolonged gaming sessions peformance wise. Really can't complain about it.
    Ha ha ha...