FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall speed

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,601

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th February 2018, 08:04 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Would you say that the Samsung Galaxy S9 is "fast" in day-to-day use? A higher rating indicates that you think the Samsung Galaxy S9 exhibits fantastic performance. Like, is it as fast as your tears when you watch The Titanic?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

24th March 2018, 06:41 PM |#2  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Home button delays the same as in Galaxy S8, that's why you don't remove the physical one
25th March 2018, 08:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I have owned the exynos variant for about 2 weeks. I use it having decreased the animation time and there is absolutely no stutter. I've come for the s7 which is no slouch and can feel that this is the most refined experience yet. You can't go wrong. I can't lie I had 'terrible' battery for about 1 and half weeks. But it's much better now.
6th April 2018, 01:50 PM |#4  
Flag Mabalacat
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenl23

I have owned the exynos variant for about 2 weeks. I use it having decreased the animation time and there is absolutely no stutter. I've come for the s7 which is no slouch and can feel that this is the most refined experience yet. You can't go wrong. I can't lie I had 'terrible' battery for about 1 and half weeks. But it's much better now.

How about the gpu performance?
6th April 2018, 02:37 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyooohei08

How about the gpu performance?

Definitely no sloucher in gaming performance. Does not lack performance whatsoever, can handle all games including the Honkai Impact 3 at max settings with no fps drops. Its basically the second best gaming performer right now outperformed by the SD845. but although battery life is not bad, apparently SD845 is better in every way. This year i'd actually consider the SD845. What device do you currently own? Because that way i might advise you wait for the S10 where they will actually improve efficiently a lot with the new 7nm chips.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, i love the S9 even though i owned the S7 previously. The features it includes such as the Dolby Atmos supported stereo speakers, headphone jack and the great experience Touchwiz offers in my opinion. Touchwiz just looks better than stock android which otherwise is boring in my opinion and other manufacturers are still refining their experience. And if you don't like touchwiz? Get a launcher or even change your theme to your liking. Hopefully Samsung will increase the amount of software updates due to Project Treble support too.

It's just that depending on your device and its state, i'd wait for the S10 which i reckon will be the 'holy grail' (unless they somehow screw it up). By then performance wouldn't be a issue whatsoever and battery life should increase and hopefully capacity too.

Any more questions feel free to ask. I'm willing to help.
6th April 2018, 02:52 PM |#6  
Flag Mabalacat

More
Quote:

Definitely no sloucher in gaming performance. Does not lack performance whatsoever, can handle all games including the Honkai Impact 3 at max settings with no fps drops. Its basically the second best gaming performer right now outperformed by the SD845. but although battery life is not bad, apparently SD845 is better in every way. This year i'd actually consider the SD845. What device do you currently own? Because that way i might advise you wait for the S10 where they will actually improve efficiently a lot with the new 7nm chips.

Any more questions feel free to ask. I'm willing to help.

Woah thank you alot! Im having this kind of feeling where I am dissatisfied with the s9, especially with exynos, yet you made me calm. I got s5 from Dubai with Snapdragon which is surprising since SD is only available in US and in China, and this year, I hope that my model going to have on 13th of April is SD too. Im really excited! Anyways, coming from s5 to s9 is considerably a "good" upgrade, isnt? My screen is dying and it cant wait for s10 anymore
7th April 2018, 02:51 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyooohei08

Woah thank you alot! Im having this kind of feeling where I am dissatisfied with the s9, especially with exynos, yet you made me calm. I got s5 from Dubai with Snapdragon which is surprising since SD is only available in US and in China, and this year, I hope that my model going to have on 13th of April is SD too. Im really excited! Anyways, coming from s5 to s9 is considerably a "good" upgrade, isnt? My screen is dying and it cant wait for s10 anymore

Most definitely, an upgrade from the s5 to s9 will be huge.
What i'd recommend you do to get around 4 and a half hours of screen on time is the following.
Turn off location services. Or revoke app permissions for any app that doesn't require it. Including Google maps because for some reason it tracks where you are constantly. That is if you prefer it on for Samsung find my phone.
Get a dark theme. And and try to keep your wallpapers dark once you've enabled it because for oled screens, only the required pixels turn on. I currently use Black_Edition_V2
Turn off NFC (unless you pay using your phone)
Go to Wifi, advanced (click the 3 dots on top right) and enable Wifi power saving mode. and disable turn on wifi automatically.
Enable power saving mode (Only turn on decreased 10% screen brightness, don't limit CPU or any of that.) Screen is super bright already so you won't notice a difference but apparently you get an extra hour of stand by time.
Turn on Dolby Atmos (it's off automatically for some reason)
Depending on your usage or preference, disable or enable always on display. I personally have it on a schedule.
Give it just over a week or so to learn your usage behaviour and once a week or so for the first month, discharge your phone fully and recharge fully.

Also what i'd recommend is turning on developer mode and putting animator duration scale to 0.5x. Your phone will feel much faster, and it'll be able to keep up so don't worry. This is your preference.

I might have missed some things, but this is what the basic changes are. But compared to the S5, it will be a beast. With all the android phones out there having notches, i reckon the S9 is still the best all in one device!

Otherwise enjoy your phone!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevenl23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stevenl23 Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 06:18 PM |#8  
Flag Mabalacat

More
Quote:

What i'd recommend you do to get around 4 and a half hours of screen on time is the following.
Otherwise enjoy your phone!!!

Wow truly helpful! Im pretty sure alot will benefit as well from your post. Very informative. Thanks mate!
The Following User Says Thank You to kyooohei08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyooohei08 Ad-Free
14th March 2019, 07:05 PM |#9  
Flag agra
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
best and faster speed thanks a lot of <a herf="https://rojgarresult24.com/">vijay singh</a>
18th March 2019, 05:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
With the latest update to Pie, have noticed very good performance
The Following User Says Thank You to nash211 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nash211 Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 11:11 PM |#11  
Flag Spalding, England
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:

What i'd recommend you do to get around 4 and a half hours of screen

Yes, changing s5 to s9 will be good, but I couldn't stop laughing at second sentence...

Check this:
crdroid oreo plus some fiddling with mtweaks:

8hrs and 3 mins sot, 10% batt left.
7.5 hrs fhd content playback with gettube with wifi on, plus background download plus some other things(that took another 30 mins).
No battery savers, etc.

CrDroid 4.7, Ainur MK III, ViperFx 2.6.0.4., JDSP 1.9., Aimp 2.90. Soundset, that melts brain in action. Every player uses this snd driver's replacement set there(magisk+lowlevel setups for sound)...so.
F dolby bs and stock system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)