FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 902

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th February 2018, 08:04 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy S9 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

28th February 2018, 06:57 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hasn't anyone got the S9 yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy S9 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Hasn't anyone got the S9 yet?
1st March 2018, 11:59 AM |#4  
Flag Bathgate
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Dx0mark the new king os smartphones, s9 plus scoring 99 points
6th March 2018, 12:41 AM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 685

Donate to Me
More
This post has user-made pics sample as well https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com..._of_galaxy_s9/
I notice the F1.5 does improve quality significantly in low light, though I'm not sure if that's enough for people to be convinced. you only see the difference if you zoom in and pixel peep.
2nd April 2018, 03:21 PM |#6  
Flag Focsani
Thanks Meter: 51

More
I just started an youtube channel focused on camera test and reviews, and my first upload is a low light test between my 2 phones: Galaxy S9 and Mate 10 Pro. I will sell one of the phones to keep new ones comming for new reviews. So wich one would you choose? (daylight review comming soon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6QlGoBpCzI&t=16s
4th April 2018, 09:52 PM |#7  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Just one economy bulb 15W (equivalent to a 40-60w regular bulb) bulb above my desk. The other light is coming from the monitor with an YouTube video opened in full screen. The picture was made in auto mode, and has no additional editing. I mention that the picture was taken in the ultra wide mode 18.5:9 f/1.5 .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180402_033506.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	4466765  
3rd June 2018, 10:13 AM |#8  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,234

Donate to Me
More

17th June 2018, 03:39 AM |#9