FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 902

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th February 2018, 08:04 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S9's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

1st June 2018, 07:25 AM |#2  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 496

More
overnight, my S9 battery drops 10% on nothing. previosu S7 drops 2-3%. dont know why, oreo is not yet ready for use i think..
3rd June 2018, 02:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
If you uesd AOD, I think it is drained the battery over night
3rd June 2018, 08:03 AM |#4  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Aod is turned off from 22-07 hours
(10pm-7am)
3rd June 2018, 07:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S9's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

I think there's a gremlin in my phone because I'm sure it's always draining. This battery sucks!
5th June 2018, 04:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just got this phone moving from an iPhone and this is crazy. Battery drains because you turn the phone on. Overnight with AOD off and DND on it still drains about 10%. At work never touching the phone for 8 hours I lost about 15-20% but my iphone lost 7% sitting in the same place with the same apps and notifications. I really Iike this phone so I'm here to hopefully find some non "root and run another OS" options.
6th June 2018, 06:37 AM |#7  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 30

More
i was having same issue, i did a a backup and reset then manually added back the photos to my phone, later i installed the apps back again and went to settings of each app and turned off background mobile data usage for each and also stopped app from running in the background except important ones.
The overnight battery drain went from 10-15 percent to 5-6%
15th June 2018, 07:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
i have s9 from 2 days and the battery drain is very esagerate. this phone is the most bad i had ever for battery.... perhaps we must low resolution???
17th June 2018, 08:33 AM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 1,232

Donate to Me
More
BetterBatteryStats is now available with no root as well (configuring using ADB). This might help to track down the issue.
17th June 2018, 12:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Just put your phone on airplane mode before you sleep. I do it every night as it loses like 1-2 percent.
19th June 2018, 11:58 AM |#11  
Flag Shumen
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenl23

Just put your phone on airplane mode before you sleep. I do it every night as it loses like 1-2 percent.

My phone actually drains more battery, when on airplane mode. I tried to turn off only the mobile and wifi data off and now it drains a lot less.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)