By mwilky, Recognized Developer on 4th May 2018, 07:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mwilky: 1.2 released!
7th May 2018, 06:17 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

I flashed and Selected Magisk for root and found that every once in awhile I lose root status. When this happens, I just reboot the phone and root comes back. for what it's worth, this happens to me on every rom I have installed - so I think it is an issue with Magisk and not the rom - rom is exceptional for me so far. Working very well.

me too

7th May 2018, 10:28 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1,098

Donate to Me
More
I'm on SuperSu since 2 days with many manual reboots and never lost the root.

Sent from my SM-G965F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
8th May 2018, 10:35 AM |#103  
RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter: 15,134

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLdieR9312

Yes, you can skip this step

That didn't work.. TWRP installed.. format data done then I flashed the Renovate.. and was stuck on Samsung screen..

Now trying format again, reboot recovery - flash vendor - then flash renovate.

I hope that works..

Edit, well it restarted after the vendor flash.. Saw the Samsung Splash and now just the blue LED is glowing with nothing on the screen
8th May 2018, 10:37 AM |#104  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 12,943

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG101

That didn't work.. TWRP installed.. format data done then I flashed the Renovate.. and was stuck on Samsung screen..

Now trying format again, reboot recovery - flash vendor - then flash renovate.

I hope that works..

If you can mate, flash a ROM that you can boot with, authorize adb access, then flash renovate with a dirty flash and grab me a logcat when it is stuck at the blue LED with pulsing samsung screen.

Just to confirm, it was the pulsing logo and not the splash screen right?
8th May 2018, 10:43 AM |#105  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilky

If you can mate, flash a ROM that you can boot with, authorize adb access, then flash renovate with a dirty flash and grab me a logcat when it is stuck at the blue LED with pulsing samsung screen.

Just to confirm, it was the pulsing logo and not the splash screen right?

Yes.. not the splash screen..

I don't have a ROM to flash.. looking for the stock FW online.. its not bricked as I can reboot to recovery and do stuff..

Let's see..

After flashing the vendor, it reboots.. but nothing happens.. that's not normal right?
8th May 2018, 10:50 AM |#106  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:

Yes.. not the splash screen..

I don't have a ROM to flash.. looking for the stock FW online.. its not bricked as I can reboot to recovery and do stuff..

Let's see..

After flashing the vendor, it reboots.. but nothing happens.. that's not normal right?

Can you boot soldiers rom? There's gotta be something in common all the people with issues have, it's just finding what it is!
8th May 2018, 10:50 AM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can you boot soldiers rom? There's gotta be something in common all the people with issues have, it's just finding what it is!

Let me download it.
8th May 2018, 12:23 PM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
Ok.. so here's where I am.

Flashed Soldier's ROM and while it flashes fully and reboots via recovery, I see the splash screen and then the screen goes blank (no SAMSUNG) but the blue LED is pulsating.

I repeated Flashing TWRP - Format Data - Reboot Recovery - Flas No-DM-Verify file - reboot recovery - flash soldier's rom.

I am downloading the stock FW now from Sammob. I hope flashing it via Odin will at least bring my phone back to life

I have no idea what's going on.. LOL
8th May 2018, 12:39 PM |#109  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:

Ok.. so here's where I am.

Flashed Soldier's ROM and while it flashes fully and reboots via recovery, I see the splash screen and then the screen goes blank (no SAMSUNG) but the blue LED is pulsating.

I repeated Flashing TWRP - Format Data - Reboot Recovery - Flas No-DM-Verify file - reboot recovery - flash soldier's rom.

I am downloading the stock FW now from Sammob. I hope flashing it via Odin will at least bring my phone back to life

I have no idea what's going on.. LOL

Yeah very weird, try flashing renovate, at the end of the installer it'll ask you to save install log. Save that and send it me please
8th May 2018, 02:38 PM |#110  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah very weird, try flashing renovate, at the end of the installer it'll ask you to save install log. Save that and send it me please

Yeah.. for the moment, my mission is to bring the phone back to life..

I was very looking fwd to flashing renovate. Had it on the S8 as well.

Anyway.. I just hope i don't have to give it to the service guys as anyway warranty is gone now. Sam-mob is so damn slow.. still an hour and half before the download finishes..
8th May 2018, 02:39 PM |#111  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:

Yeah.. for the moment, my mission is to bring the phone back to life..

I was very looking fwd to flashing renovate. Had it on the S8 as well.

Anyway.. I just hope i don't have to give it to the service guys as anyway warranty is gone now. Sam-mob is so damn slow.. still an hour and half before the download finishes..

Use the samfirm tool, downloads at full speed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)