Announcement from mwilky: 1.2 released!
11th June 2018, 07:59 AM |#481  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 12,975

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitlygit

I appreciate the difficulty in maintaining a ROM without having the device and also the fact that it was produced in the first case, so thank you for that.

But.
If you are going to accept donations for an app that to all of us who did so for the S9 now useless, you have a certain obligation. Or is it the fact that the ROM was produced as a vehicle to illicit donations for something that was never intended to be long term. From what I have read it is not the first time this has occurred. That is what makes me angry!

Apologies if I have got this wrong but it is my point of view.

You got it very wrong, not once did I say " donate or development will stop". The rom was created because soldier asked me to. I have done my part. I don't have time to create 3 ROMs, 1 for a device I don't even own. OnePlus 6 rom will get another update, then when the June base drops I will update s8. If I have any time at all I may consider trying to update the S9. But it will be one a final time as I cant keep it up.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mwilky For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th June 2018, 02:59 PM |#482  
Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilky

You got it very wrong, not once did I say " donate or development will stop". The rom was created because soldier asked me to. I have done my part. I don't have time to create 3 ROMs, 1 for a device I don't even own. OnePlus 6 rom will get another update, then when the June base drops I will update s8. If I have any time at all I may consider trying to update the S9. But it will be one a final time as I cant keep it up.

Thanks for all your work to this point. The S9 update would be great appreciated, but not owed by any reason. In th meantime i will continue trying to blow up my S9+ with Xposed - lol.
11th June 2018, 06:38 PM |#483  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

I'm going to join on the op6 club as well the ard4 reno was the best in terms of SOT and snappyness.
11th June 2018, 07:31 PM |#484  
Flag Kunfunadhoo
Thanks Meter: 894

More
Quote:

I do think @gitlygit has some valid points.

If it was known in advance amongst the developers that you would personally only work on the initial G96X release, that it would then be entirely up to Soldier to continue it, and that he lacked the necessary knowledge to do so, then the early demise of the G96X version was a foregone conclusion that really ought to have been communicated to users from the outset. How else were users supposed to make an informed decision about whether to install a ROM that was essentially an evolutionary dead-end, and whether to pay to unlock its features if they did?

Any user who paid the €17 in fees to unlock the full functionality of the G96X version would have had a reasonable expectation that support for it would continue for a lot longer than it did. Given the terms under which you undertook the work for the initial release, it seems that user expectations could and should have been realistically set from the very beginning. Given that they weren't, @gitlygit's suspicion that the short-lived G96X release might have been intended as a cynical cash-in seems understandable. I accept that this was not your motive, but I can certainly see how someone might reach that conclusion.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ianmacd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ianmacd Ad-Free
12th June 2018, 02:40 AM |#485  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Is it possible to install 3minit battery on your ROM?
12th June 2018, 03:31 PM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoya4u

Is it possible to install 3minit battery on your ROM?

You still have not understood that he has more time? A simple update of the build, the kernel is full, it's already great. this rom is perfect
12th June 2018, 07:32 PM |#487  
spain
Thanks Meter: 20

More
is in his right to do with his work and his time what he wants. He has no obligation. This is an absurd discussion
The Following User Says Thank You to pepins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pepins Ad-Free
18th June 2018, 09:54 AM |#488  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Are the links to the nightly broken or removed in the OP?
18th June 2018, 12:49 PM |#489  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 3,589

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2nin

Are the links to the nightly broken or removed in the OP?

Server provider issues, will be back up in about 1-2 hours..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoLdieR9312 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SoLdieR9312 Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 06:16 AM |#490  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hallo Is there any new update expected?

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk
21st June 2018, 01:15 PM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesareeee

Hallo Is there any new update expected?

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk