[KERNEL][TWRP][TW][G/N96XX][Q] / [LOS17] White Wolf Kernel (01/03/2021)

Search This thread

yarpiin

May 30, 2013
Bangor UK
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi 10

This is a home of White Wolf Kernel for OneUI and Los/AOSP based roms.
Would like to thank to all devs that work has been used to create this kernel.

Al Credits belong to devs listed below

@farovitus - ELS
@AndreiLux
@Lord Boeffla
@franciscofranco
@ Despair Factor
@ak
@flar2
@arter97
@TheCrazyLex
@Sultanxda
@eng.stk
@osm0sis
@neobuddy89
@Tkkg1994
@frap129
@jcadduono
@yank-lu.555
@dorimanx
@acuicultor
@Alucard24
@ZeroInfinity
@morogoku
@nathanchance
@mostafaz
@joshuous
@faux123
@djb77
@Eamo5
@remilia15
@jesec
@synt4x93
@DEVILOPS 007
@abtekk
@osm0sis - AnyKernel

and all others devs that make our lives easier.

Special thanx for @urgali , @Sungfive and @Duncan1982 .
@Cybertron™ for thread and signature images.

@Saber for his superb thread with all detailed kernel stuff.

Short Feature list:

Always based on latest Linux Stable

Governors:

Schedutil, ShedutiliX

Custom Frequencies:

Gpu - 598MHz

Additional drivers:

- Power Efficient Workqueues

- apk launch and touch boost - from Sultanxda

- Wake Gestures from flar2

Flashing instructions

1. Flash in recovery no black magic

WARNING

Always flash on stock kernel.

Compatibility list:

Kernels have been tested with ROMs below:

- official Ultimate Pie ROM all credits to @rifek4

- official TeamExyKings LightROM all credits to @yash92duster.

- LOS Kernel have been tested with unofficial LOS 17

Telegram Support Group

Downloads:

TWRP With f2fs support

Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
White Wolf Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
yarpiin
Source Code: https://github.com/yarpiin/White-Wolf-SGS9-TW

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Testing

Created 2018-11-13
Last Updated 2020-11-11​

Last edited:

yarpiin

May 30, 2013
Bangor UK
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi 10
TWRP Usage Guide

Make sure your kernel support f2fs file system

1.Flash patched TWRP by yarpiin
2.MAKE BACKUP( Problems with restoring backups are solved now, but just in case)
3.Go to Wipe > Advanced wipe select Data and Change File System to F2FS, you can do the same to Cache ( Not recommended )
4.Restore backup of your data
5.Reboot & enjoy

Troubleshoot
It might happen that package extract error will occure when flashing the rom (or any updater-script based zip) . In this case just restart instalator and all should be fine.

Follow these steps or you will loose your data.

Last edited:

yarpiin

May 30, 2013
Bangor UK
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi 10
Wow, great to see new kernel! Keep it up, gonna follow you and try it!

Clean duplicaded threads in S9+ Review and S9+ ROMs&kernels section. Just keep one thread here so in S9 / S9+ Cross section where are all kernels and ROMs ;)

Yeah, it's since years like that... You must be used to that :D Now you will be know ;) Always after click "send thread" go to check section where you opening thread because your page seems to be stuck while adding but in real the thread is opened there and added correctly... ;)

P.S.
Polacy przejmują S9 sekcje xD

Duplicated threads are @Xda Fault . Didnt had a clue that they have been created as I had bad gateway and xda server couldnt phrase request messages qhen created . It has been reported to xda .

I will get them removed

Btw im not newbie at xda ;)
Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs

Eamo5

Recognized Developer
Hi there, just had an opportunity to delve through the source. Very impressive work and well done, without a doubt this will influence future releases of Endurance! Would also like to quickly address something I noted, as my kernel was heavily influenced by Andrei's work.

Your commit utilising Andrei's EAS values are outdated and following the BRE5 source drop have since been updated in the exynos9810.dtsi.

Have a good day, and thanks for giving me some more stuff to play with for future releases!

Last edited:
Reactions: yarpiin and t0m2k

yarpiin

May 30, 2013
Bangor UK
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi 10
Hi there, just had an opportunity to delve through the source. Very impressive work and well done, without a doubt this will influence future releases of Endurance! Would also like to quickly address something I noted, as my kernel was heavily influenced by Andrei's work.

Your commit utilising Andrei's EAS values are outdated and following the BRE5 source drop have since been updated in the exynos9810.dtsi.

Have a good day, and thanks for giving me some more stuff to play with for future releases!

Thank you for that . Will revert it then. Yea shame that Andrei stop working on it . Have read his article. This is my first exynos device so it was a nice point of start.

One thing that i noticed withs flars OC that frequencies are going to max value 2.7MHz just at ceratin ocxasions and i think that not all cores at the same time . I decided to use that commit to find out how it does work. When disable Exynos hotplug and OC big xluster to anything above 2324MHz device crashes under the load . So to make it bir snappier i jave kept Andreis max frequencies but also raise min as 850Mhz is the highest one with same voltage as the stock lowest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eamo5

Eamo5

Recognized Developer
Thank you for that . Will revert it then. Yea shame that Andrei stop working on it . Have read his article. This is my first exynos device so it was a nice point of start.

One thing that i noticed withs flars OC that frequencies are going to max value 2.7MHz just at ceratin ocxasions and i think that not all cores at the same time . I decided to use that commit to find out how it does work. When disable Exynos hotplug and OC big xluster to anything above 2324MHz device crashes under the load . So to make it bir snappier i jave kept Andreis max frequencies but also raise min as 850Mhz is the highest one with same voltage as the stock lowest.
I agree, truly great work accomplished by Andrei. it is a shame, albeit his merging in of the 16ms PELT was IMO the best thing to happen to this device yet.

Yep that's the nature of hotplugging. I eventually decided to maintain hotplugging and the max quad freq of 1794MHz to conserve battery. I've found hotplugging just to give insanely good Geekbench scores and not much more, likely due to the very very rare usage of those frequencies in realistic workloads. No noticeable regression in performance using 1794MHz quad in regards to user experience when using 16ms PELT.

I use 2002MHz on my OC build as I find it the best balance of performance and battery for the device. 2314 is too much of a battery regression with quad frequencies for me to justify the performance boost.

Last edited:
Reactions: yarpiin

yarpiin

May 30, 2013
Bangor UK
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi 10
I agree, truly great work accomplished by Andrei. it is a shame, albeit his merging in of the 16ms PELT was IMO the best thing to happen to this device yet.

Yep that's the nature of hotplugging. I eventually decided to maintain hotplugging and the max quad freq of 1794MHz to conserve battery. I've found hotplugging just to give insanely good Geekbench scores and not much more, likely due to the very very rare usage of those frequencies in realistic workloads. No noticeable regression in performance using 1794MHz quad in regards to user experience when using 16ms PELT.

I use 2002MHz on my OC build as I find it the best balance of performance and battery for the device. 2314 is too much of a battery regression with quad frequencies for me to justify the performance boost.

I will agree but after weeks of testing I havent found 2314MHz has a massive impact in the battery

Nature of hotplug in exynos is totaly different than snapdragon and one that I jsed to . Trus hotplugging is actualy offlining not needed cpus in my meaning.

Reactions: Eamo5

Top Liked Posts