• Call Recording
  • HWC
  • Encryption
  • SELinux Enforcing
  • OTA Updates

Bugs:
  • ?

Notes:
  • If you are not on Q BL it will not boot.
  • I would suggest 3.2.3 TWRP or the included lineage recovery
  • For encryption to work make sure you are on 3.2.3 twrp and haven't formatted /data with any newer versions, issue described here.
  • Use a stock unmodified vendor and update whenever available, we are using our own fstab now for optional encryption and adoptable storage support so we don't need to touch the vendor.
  • If you go back to an official build after this with stock vendor, you will be force encrypted on first boot.
  • These builds are based on the official lineage device trees and kernel, but with more flexibility and my preferred configuration.
  • Lineage Recovery will be uploaded with each build and if you will only be running this rom i suggest to switch to it.

Instructions:
  • Make sure TWRP has been installed and is functional
  • Download the latest build and latest stock vendor.img that is available (optionally gapps and magisk if needed)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
  • Flash the vendor image
  • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
  • Reboot

How to update builds?
  • OTA or manually like below
  • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
  • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk etc
  • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

Telegram Channel:
@godlike9810

Paypal:
synt4x.93

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9/+

Contributors
Synt4x.93, Erfanoabdi
Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.226
ROM Firmware Required: Q BL / Q Vendor

Version Information

Created: 01-04-2020
Last Updated: 05-06-2020

Last edited:

pheamakara

Sep 4, 2019
Phnom Penh
Google Pixel 4 XL
Great ROM really smooth but only one issue i have is when i try to record the screen with internal sound (gaming) it will mute the sound from the speaker and it's working fine Evox (sorry for my bad English :)

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
Hello everyone! Not sure how many people here already been trying this ROM from the Telegram group, but was wondering if anyone has the following issue. Google Chrome seems to become really laggy in the evening hours on my phone, but is fine during the day. Basically scrolling and animations within Chrome are really slow causing bad performance. Wanted to confirm if it's just me as Rob said the issue doesn't seem to happen with the Note 9 and see if anyone here has any suggestions? I am running DTB4 BL and vendor with TWRP 3.2.3.0.

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Great news! Thanks a lot for keeping our device alive and updated!
Can't wait to try this one out. I assume it's working fine as a daily driver?

xo.en

Jul 5, 2014
Spalding, England, Łódź, Poland...
Hoooly ****, I tried to make dirty flash from LOS 16(with replacing bl and vendor, of course), with just cache and dalvik cache wipe, and everything just WORKS fine.
This is AMAZING!

So:
1. twrp - wipe dalvik and cache,
2. twrp - flash bl,
3. twrp - flash vendor, but vendor from OP(!),
4. twrp - flash ROM,
5. twrp - flash opengapps.
Damn, it saved me reinstalling 132 apps, and setting all accounts all over.
What's great - all settings are kept from previous OS.
Of course, I lost viperfx and all magisk-related plugs(list of plugins is still there:), so all I needed to do was reinstalling plugins ), but, still, this is great.

Last edited:

Hack_AR

Jan 16, 2019
Thanks for working instructions and links!

Thanks a lot! :victory:
I guess it's to much to ask for those information from a developer...
Side note: there is a boot loader for DTB5 only, but the modified vendor for LOS is DTB4. It works, though.

I did update from the 09/01/2020, so far found two issues:
1. After installing White Wolfs Kernel, UI seems to crash after unlocking via pattern, returning me back to unlock pattern. Had to wipe and re-install (dirty install of LOS didn't solve the issue :confused:).
2. AFWall doesn't work. Applying rules fails leaving the system without internet access.
First one is not that important, but I'd like a firewall on my device...

Anyway: Thanks for the work on the LOS.
HackAR

Here is a link for download q bootloader

https://mega.nz/#F!oFJ1nK5Z!eWD2AU4CQxWSdA_kxxRkHA

vendor images and bootloader zip are taken from devbase rom by alexndr so big thank for his work
current vendor version
S9/S9+ : DTB5
N9 : DTB6

1. twrp - wipe dalvik and cache,
2. twrp - flash bl,
3. twrp - flash vendor, but vendor from OP(!),
4. twrp - flash ROM,
5. twrp - flash opengapps.

Hofedan

Dec 28, 2019
I just installed your ROM. It is very nice that the keyboard is now bigger then the one of theolder version and my new bluetooth headset is finally working.

Unfortunately, I cannot get ctsProfile to pass.
Does anyone have ctsProfile passing?
Edit: nevermind, should have read the docs of MagiskHide Props, the last module did the config automatically...

All the best,
Daniel

Last edited:
Reactions: crhylove

oldipp

Apr 5, 2015
After installing White Wolfs Kernel, UI seems to crash after unlocking via pattern, returning me back to unlock pattern. Had to wipe and re-install (dirty install of LOS didn't solve the issue :confused:).
Same here, can’t unlock after installing White Wolf kernel. Furthermore, the phone is in Emergency calls only mode, as if there is no SIM card.

How to “undo” or otherwise solve this?

Last edited:

Speedmatze

Apr 25, 2009
2. AFWall doesn't work. Applying rules fails leaving the system without internet access.
First one is not that important, but I'd like a firewall on my device...

Anyway: Thanks for the work on the LOS.

I have the same problem. I'm still on LOS 16 as a daily driver because of this (and because of its awesome battery live). I will keep testing though...

Also my thanks for the great work on LOS!

Hofedan

Dec 28, 2019
Same here, can’t unlock after installing White Wolf kernel. Furthermore, the phone is in Emergency calls only mode, as if there is no SIM card.

How to “undo” or otherwise solve this?

I had the problem that the first boot after upgrade went without problems (or PIN prompt in my case) but after that, when entering the correct PIN, the screen got black and then locked again. If I entered the wrong PIN, the phone told me so.
My solution was to use TWRP to rename the file /data/system/locksettings.db to locksettings.db.bak and then reboot. By renaming the file, the screen lock was removed and I could reenable it in the settings.

Good luck,
Daniel

Reactions: crhylove and xo.en

Hack_AR

Jan 16, 2019
I'm still on LOS 16 as a daily driver because of this
I didn't have the problem with the old 09/01/2020 version, so you ca try it, or wait for the fix ;)

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Weirdly enough, my system doesn't have this file. BUT, another try of White Wolfs kernel just worked. It seems this is an obsolete file, that some times is left behind :)confused:) and causes problems in the kernel.

I had the problem that the first boot after upgrade went without problems (or PIN prompt in my case) but after that, when entering the correct PIN, the screen got black and then locked again. If I entered the wrong PIN, the phone told me so.
My solution was to use TWRP to rename the file /data/system/locksettings.db to locksettings.db.bak and then reboot. By renaming the file, the screen lock was removed and I could reenable it in the settings.

Good luck,
Daniel

oldipp

Apr 5, 2015
It was too late for me to remove that file, because I had encrypted /data, was no longer able to access it from within LOS, and I don’t know if TWRP can decrypt /data. If it happens to you, I would suggest to seize the opportunity while LOS still unlocks on the first boot to delete that locksettings file. In any case, having a backup is a must, because I am not sure this will actually work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's working:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Signal Strength
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • HDMI
    • MTP
    • Call Recording
    • HWC
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • OTA Updates

Bugs:
    • ?

Notes:
    • If you are not on Q BL it will not boot.
    • I would suggest 3.2.3 TWRP or the included lineage recovery
    • For encryption to work make sure you are on 3.2.3 twrp and haven't formatted /data with any newer versions, issue described here.
    • Use a stock unmodified vendor and update whenever available, we are using our own fstab now for optional encryption and adoptable storage support so we don't need to touch the vendor.
    • If you go back to an official build after this with stock vendor, you will be force encrypted on first boot.
    • These builds are based on the official lineage device trees and kernel, but with more flexibility and my preferred configuration.
    • Lineage Recovery will be uploaded with each build and if you will only be running this rom i suggest to switch to it.

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and is functional
    • Download the latest build and latest stock vendor.img that is available (optionally gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the vendor image
    • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot

How to update builds?
    • OTA or manually like below
    • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
    • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk etc
    • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

Telegram Channel:
    @godlike9810

Paypal:
    synt4x.93

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9/+

Contributors
    Synt4x.93, Erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.226
    ROM Firmware Required: Q BL / Q Vendor

Version Information

Created: 01-04-2020
    Last Updated: 05-06-2020
    uploaded new build with a few fixes and 4.9.218 kernel, and s9 / s9+ DTC5 modified vendors too.
    Samsung Galaxy S9 (starlte), S9+ (star2lte) & Note 9 (crownlte) got added to the roster of official LineageOS 17.1, if all goes well with the LineageOS automated builder, downloads should be available on 2020-04-15.
    Maintainer: erfanoabdi
    Yeah its à rom issue, I have the same problem

So true afwall+ not works on this rom which is kind of a deal breaker for me

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

yes bro it happen to me also the same freaking error i love to flash a custom until an unless i unless there is a firewall activated
    is a rom issue ...

Thanks for pointing this out guys issue is fixed now, i had made a mistake with the kernel.
    will be uploading new builds later hopefully if i get time, feel free to compile yourself i've pushed it all to github.

Hi there,

I'd like to install this over Lineage 15.1. I'll do a clean install, but I have questions about the bootloader:

- I am in the UK and have a S9 model SM-G960F (starlte). Where can I obtain the correct Q bootloader?

- What's the best way to flash the Q bootloader? Can it be done with TWRP? If not, how best to do it with command line on a Linux PC? I have Heimdall installed.

thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Oh, another question. Are there flashable zip files to add/remove root for this ROM?

latest bootloader from devbase thread is the easiest way, can flash via TWRP.
    Magisk v20.4 for root.
    new builds
    need people to confirm if apple airpods or if other AAC codec devices are working correctly for bluetooth calls now.
    seems to be fixed after some changes but need more feedback, other changes too but check git
    thanks