9th April 2019, 12:53 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,776

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boladaso

I found 2 bugs
1. CPU Governor Interactive phone shuts off when activating this GOV ..
2. Bluetooth devices that are connected are not saved.

1. Don't use it. (I don't know anyone that uses interactive tbh)
2. That's a rom + root issue.

I think I have mentioned that this kernel is discontinued. But nothing further will be done with this version.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9th April 2019, 12:55 AM |#122  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,874

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boladaso

I found 2 bugs
1. CPU Governor Interactive phone shuts off when activating this GOV ..
2. Bluetooth devices that are connected are not saved.

Change lib and lib64 for bluetooth saves, nothing to do with Kernel

stang5litre Edition 5.0 Roms
9th April 2019, 03:17 AM |#123  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang5litre

Change lib and lib64 for bluetooth saves, nothing to do with Kernel

stang5litre Edition 5.0 Roms

18th April 2019, 03:04 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hello guys, recently i buy a G9600 but i dont find how about to root and upgrade the kernel for better performance, anyone have a tutorial?
30th April 2019, 08:34 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanchitox06

hello guys, recently i buy a G9600 but i dont find how about to root and upgrade the kernel for better performance, anyone have a tutorial?

Well its pretty straight forward, i have the same variant and both international snapdragon models have official TWRP releases, so download both latest Odin and the TWRP .tar file and follow any Exynos tutorial, its the same procedure.

1. Enable OEM unlock and USB Debugging on Developer Options.
2. Boot to download mode by pressing Vol Down + Bixby + Power when phone is shut down
3. Open Odin, you should see device added if not install latest drivers and open again.
4. On Odin options uncheck Auto Re boot and F Reset Time, this will avoid the phone from restarting after flashing TWRP and let you enter it more easily
5. Check the AP on Odin and select the TWRP .tar file
6. Once it finishes flashing Odin upper box will turn green, which means the flashing was effective
7. Disconnect your phone and you will see on the screen a text that says press Vol Down + Bixby + Power for 7 seconds to reboot, do that and once the screen turns off rapidly press Vol Up + Bixby + Power, when you see the Sam logo release the power button until you enter TWRP recovery.
8. On TWRP press "Keep System Read Only"
9. Go to wipe - format data then yes.
10 On TWRP reboot to recovery again
11. On TWRP press "Keep System Read Only" again and now you should be able to flash klabit kernel and flash magisk.

Its to my understanding that Samsung has placed some counter measures on their firmware in order to avoid rooting so that´s why you need to install a custom kernel.

If you don't install a Kernel you need to flash disable dm-verity in order to boot to System

Now, in the off chance nothing works you can always go to Sammobile and download your Country and carrier firmware and flash it and start all over again, also this Kernel is for Oreo so if you have updated to Android Pie you could downgrade and try it as long as you have the same binary as the firmware your going to flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to IC3 AmperSand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IC3 AmperSand Ad-Free
11th May 2019, 05:23 PM |#126  
Flag Celina ohio
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Awesome work and developement to start off.is there any chance on getting a pie kernel built as when i got my s9+ it was already on pie and i would love to try out a custom rom or gsi.i can donate if it helps.
11th May 2019, 05:45 PM |#127  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillim74

Awesome work and developement to start off.is there any chance on getting a pie kernel built as when i got my s9+ it was already on pie and i would love to try out a custom rom or gsi.i can donate if it helps.

My pie root thread contains a custom kernel but I do not plan to make a fully custom kernel until I get some things worked out for lineage and AOSP.

11th May 2019, 05:54 PM |#128  
Flag Celina ohio

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabit87

My pie root thread contains a custom kernel but I do not plan to make a fully custom kernel until I get some things worked out for lineage and AOSP.

Will it work on the april update for the chinese variant.sorry for the questions this is my first samsung although im not a noob to flashing ive helped some with other phones and issues.i dont really care about root as much as running a custom rom or gsi.
11th May 2019, 06:00 PM |#129  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Will it work on the april update for the chinese variant.sorry for the questions this is my first samsung although im not a noob to flashing ive helped some with other phones and issues.i dont really care about root as much as running a custom rom or gsi.

I am not sure. Samsung hasn't released the next version source. As far as running custom rom, root is most of the time required. GSI does not require root but are slightly buggy.

11th May 2019, 06:06 PM |#130  
Flag Celina ohio

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabit87

I am not sure. Samsung hasn't released the next version source. As far as running custom rom, root is most of the time required. GSI does not require root but are slightly buggy.

Ok i see.i got liquid gsi flashed but it stayed on the splash screen and wouldnt boot to system.i used the no dm zip but maybe i didnt need to use it.i know alot of this is hit and miss.btw thanks for your quick response as i am always up for learning.
11th May 2019, 06:24 PM |#131  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok i see.i got liquid gsi flashed but it stayed on the splash screen and wouldnt boot to system.i used the no dm zip but maybe i didnt need to use it.i know alot of this is hit and miss.btw thanks for your quick response as i am always up for learning.

GSI do require a custom kernel. Which is included in my pie root zips.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)