FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWRP] [June/11/2018] [3.2.1-1] [SM-G9650] star2qlte/chn

1,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,486

By travis82, Senior Member on 12th June 2018, 05:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ONLY FOR Qualcomm SM-G9650
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This will trip knox to 0x1, your phones warranty will be voided, flash at your own risk. Also, this process will wipe your personal data!

HOW TO INSTALL:
0. Make sure you enabled developer settings by pressing the build number several times and have the OEM unlock enabled. Also make sure you run CROM from the galaxy apps store to unlock the bootloader.
1. Boot into download mode by pressing: bixby, volume down and power
2. Download the latest Odin version, open it
3. Download the recovery file from below and put it into the AP tab
4. Untick "auto reboot" in odin and flash the file
5. After flashing, boot into twrp. Make sure to NOT allow system to be modified till you disable dm-verity! (otherwise your phone will be stuck at bootloop). Alternatively flash my stock patched kernel to the boot partition (install, install img, check the kernel, check boot partition, done). Find the patch kernel here
6. To disable encryption you need to format data

DOWNLOAD:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056035996

BUGS:
- Samsung encryption is NOT supported
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to my github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for me to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that I "directly" support.

DONATION:
Via PayPal
https://www.paypal.me/Travis1982

Contributors
Travis82
Source Code: https://github.com/travismills82/twr...g_star2qltechn

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.1-1
Stable Release Date: 2018-06-11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-06-11-09-32-27.png
Views:	312
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	4524426  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to travis82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift travis82 Ad-Free

13th June 2018, 09:54 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,811

Donate to Me
More
Sent you a donation to your PayPal.

You have no idea how much pain and suffering you have saved me. And the fact that you don't even have a device makes it all the more awesome. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to partcyborg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2018, 10:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I already have OEM unlock, but when aim doing your procedure, Odin screen show a message lakie " i cant flash unofficial binaries"
13th June 2018, 10:35 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong, Tuen Mun
Thanks Meter: 1,486

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partcyborg

Sent you a donation to your PayPal.

You have no idea how much pain and suffering you have saved me. And the fact that you don't even have a device makes it all the more awesome. Thank you!

I saw that and seriously thank you so much!! There will be a Qualcomm section opening soon for Snapdragon variants. I have SM-9600 already in there for TWRP. I need to update it I know. I will get to it this week. I also need to get the devices officially supported and forked over to TEAMWIN that will get done too when I can get the time.

Best regards,
Travis82
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travis82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift travis82 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 01:04 AM |#5  
Flag Kannur
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe.floresy

I already have OEM unlock, but when aim doing your procedure, Odin screen show a message lakie " i cant flash unofficial binaries"

You might haven't installed the CROM app for unlocking.
14th June 2018, 01:10 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amijaz

You might haven't installed the CROM app for unlocking.

I have the app, and shows me an error when i try to unlock.
14th June 2018, 01:20 AM |#7  
Flag Kannur

More
Quote:

I have the app, and shows me an error when i try to unlock.

Ohh, I don't know what's the exact problem. However, could you please try once again with the Samsung account removed?
14th June 2018, 07:39 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amijaz

Ohh, I don't know what's the exact problem. However, could you please try once again with the Samsung account removed?

the same problem.... in download mode, it apear a message... only official release binaries are allowed to be flashed
14th June 2018, 10:23 PM |#9  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have a doubt..
Can I install this in a SM-G9650 (star2qltezh) ?
15th June 2018, 05:25 AM |#10  
Flag Kannur

More
Quote:

the same problem.... in download mode, it apear a message... only official release binaries are allowed to be flashed

Buddy I meant, were you able to disable the CROM lock after removing the Samsung Account. Without getting the device unlocked by CROM service app you wouldn't be able to flash custom binaries.
Thanks
15th June 2018, 05:27 PM |#11  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Greetings, this are AWESOME NEWS!!!

I have a Mexican S9+ (From Movistar, SM-G9650) and I already OEM unlocked the phone: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts78hdnp4j...NLOCK.jpg?dl=0

When I run CROM, I get the following error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftrpjn0uj9...ERROR.jpg?dl=0

I tried disabling my Samsung Account on the device and I still get the same error, what else can I try in order to succesfully flash TWRP?

Keep up this awesome work, travis, you are the best!!! =D

Edit: This is the "Download Mode" status:

RPMB fuse blown
RPMB PROVISIONED
CURRENT BINARY : Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS : Official
FRP LOCK : OFF
OEM LOCK : OFF
WARRANTY VOID : 0x0
RP SWREV : B2(2,2,2,2,2) K2 S2
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLED
DID : 20208BF42A92AB11