stang5litre Edition 5.0 Roms Pie

Search This thread
For those with the SM-G9650 do the following to update magisk! Thanks to @Bren123 for this solution!

Download @klabit87 boot image: https://mega.nz/#!JzZgDSzR!lBLR2V6o2H7gY37VzKV-EvYXfoperA5xadvMkSpYgiQ

in TWRP flash it to the boot partition (click Install, at the bottom switch to install image, select image, select boot and flash) then flash magisk 19.1. Once booted you should have magisk 19.1 showing installed. From there update to 19.2 using magisk manager doing the direct install method.

I haven't tried doing this with the SM-G9600 as I don't have it, but if you use @klabit87 boot.img for the 9600 it should work the same!

Edit: Magisk 19.1 link https://www.droidmirror.com/downloading/magisk-v19-1-zip
---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I've been using this ROM since before it was officially released and I love it.
I was able to direct install the updates with no issue tbh ?*♂️

Really? Whenever I make a call on 4g the call starts and then automatically ends and it switches to 3g.

So LTE will work for data, but not calls..then I've got to toggle data to get 4g back

Is it possible that I flashed some radio wrong?? I think I followed the instructions just as they're written

Last edited:
Really? Whenever I make a call on 4g the call starts and then automatically ends and it switches to 3g.

So LTE will work for data, but not calls..then I've got to toggle data to get 4g back

Is it possible that I flashed some radio wrong?? I think I followed the instructions just as they're written
this happens for me also, however I thought it was normal, since the call is using LTE, any web browsing is left with only 3G. I'm not an expert though by any means, just my guess

I never understood the need for VOLTE anyways. I think LTE is much more important for video calls i.e duo etc..

KB!

Feb 15, 2013
this happens for me also, however I thought it was normal, since the call is using LTE, any web browsing is left with only 3G. I'm not an expert though by any means, just my guess

I never understood the need for VOLTE anyways. I think LTE is much more important for video calls i.e duo etc..

Not sure what's up with your phones... mine keeps LTE when I'm on a call and get on the internet... never changes to 3G... I am on Verizon BTW... not sure what provider you guys have.

Not sure what's up with your phones... mine keeps LTE when I'm on a call and get on the internet... never changes to 3G... I am on Verizon BTW... not sure what provider you guys have.

Interesting. I have VZW too. Is your phone Chinese or Central America? and is it Dual sim? (not sure if they're both dual)

Last edited:
Reactions: tylerhole

Krog18

Apr 3, 2016
Akron
Interesting. I have VZW too. Is your phone Chinese or Central America? and is it Dual sim? (not sure if they're both dual)
None of that would matter. As long as your phone is a G9650 and all of the files flashed successfully you should have working volte on Verizon.

When you get a chance, flash Verizon_EFS_IMEI.zip and s9+_ODM_combo_PIE_MOD_ATTVZWUSCTMXAA_V3.zip in twrp (volte should work after flashing these) and then before you reboot to system, select copy log and save the log. That will save the log to the external sd card. Then upload it so I can take a look please.

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KB!
None of that would matter. As long as your phone is a G9650 and all of the files flashed successfully you should have working volte on Verizon.

When you get a chance, flash Verizon_EFS_IMEI.zip and s9+_ODM_combo_PIE_MOD_ATTVZWUSCTMXAA_V3.zip in twrp (volte should work after flashing these) and then before you reboot to system, select copy log and save the log. That will save the log to the external sd card. Then upload it so I can take a look please.

The exact behavior is that the phone reads as LTE on the notification indicator, I place a call and the call immediately ends and the phone then drops the data icon and then it pops back up as 3G and can place calls. Then until I toggle data it stays on 3G.

Attachments

• recovery.log
    44.6 KB · Views: 4

Krog18

Apr 3, 2016
Akron
The exact behavior is that the phone reads as LTE on the notification indicator, I place a call and the call immediately ends and the phone then drops the data icon and then it pops back up as 3G and can place calls. Then until I toggle data it stays on 3G.
Well the files flashed fine. At this point I'd suggest that you back everything up then wipe data, flash the rom again, go through setup and see if that fixes it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

De Knoxed And De Bloated

Downloads:
    stang5litre Edition 5.0 s9+ Pie v1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397920727
    stang5litre_ODM
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397921807

TWRP Instructions
    1) Make A BACKUP!!!!! Make Sure Your On Pie Bootloader!!!!!
    2) Download Rom and Put on SD or Internal Storage
    3) Select normal wipe, no need to do advanced wipe. Then Swipe
    4) Select Install And Pick stang5litre Rom
    5) Flash / Swipe
    6) Select Install And Pick stag5litre_ODM
    7) Flash / Swipe
    8) After Boot Let Apps Update before you start making changes!!! 10-15mins
    9) ENJOY!!!!!!

Instructions For Beginners
    Pre Flashing: Load all files onto the EXTERNAL sd card of your phone and backup internal storage to your external sd card or somewhere not on the phone in case you end up formatting data! Also make sure to use Odin 3.13.1 and have the Samsung USB driver installed on your computer.

Odin 3.13.1
    https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.13.1.zip

Samsung Mobile Driver
    https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows

Klabit87 S9+ Pie Root Zip (g9650_pie_root_v2.zip)
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397899486

Klabit's Root Thread
    https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s9/how-to/sm-g9650-sm-g9600-pie-root-t3900816

Magisk Manager (MagiskManager-v7.0.0.apk)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397921811

Krog18 ODM Zip (s9+_ODM_combo_PIE_MOD_ATTVZWUSCTMXAA_V2.zip)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397921801

stang5litre Pie ROM (stang5litre_Edition_5.0_v1_Pie.zip)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397920727

stang5litre ODM Zip (stang5litre_ODM.zip)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397921807

Pie Stock Firmware (SM-G9650ZHU3CSAB (Pie).zip) (Goes on your computer to be flashed via Odin)
    https://mega.nz/#!h3AySArQ!bHCxBQkrbFNNfduc1AOa3pPryJYg-gPKT9PquN39B3Y

TWRP (twrp-3.2.3-0-star2qltechn.img.tar) (Also goes on your computer to be flashed in Odin)
    https://dl.twrp.me/star2qltechn/

WARNING!!! DO NOT FLASH KROG ODM ZIP UNLESS YOU ARE ON A U.S. CARRIER (ATT, SPR, VZW, USC, TMB, XAA). IF YOU ARE NOT ON A U.S. CARRIER YOU MUST FLASH YOUR CARRIER'S ODM!!

READ OVER ALL THE STEPS BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO GET AN OVERVIEW OF THE PROCEDURE THEN MAKE SURE TO READ EACH STEP ENTIRELY BEFORE STARTING THE STEP!

1.Boot phone into download mode by holding down Power + Volume Down + Bixby and plug phone into computer. Odin Full Pie Firmware (SM-G9650ZHU3CSAB (Pie).zip). You must extract all the files from this zip in order to load them into Odin. Make sure to use the CSC file that DOES NOT contain the word "Home" in it. Before flashing, click the "Options" tab in Odin and make sure "Auto Reboot" is NOT checked. Flash.

2.When it is done flashing, hold Power + Volume Down until the screen turns black then IMMEDIATELY switch to holding down Power + Volume Down + Bixby to reboot into download mode.

3.In Odin, press the "Reset" button. Load twrp-3.2.3-0-star2qltechn.img.tar into the AP slot and once again make sure that Auto Reboot is NOT checked in the "Options" tab. Flash. If for some reason it fails on you, unplug the cable from the computer, reboot the computer, load Odin up and have it ready to go then hold down Power + Volume Down + Bixby and reboot the phone into download mode, connect the cable back to the computer and try again.

4.When it is done flashing, hold Power + Volume Down until the screen turns black then IMMEDIATELY switch to holding down Power + Volume Up + Bixby to boot into recovery (TWRP). If you fail to do this properly and it does not boot to recovery immediately hold down Power + Volume Down + Bixby to get back to download mode before it boots into system then try this step again.

5.Once in TWRP "swipe to allow mods" then click the Mount button then the Select Storage button and choose the external SD card.

6.Click the Install button and locate and select g9650_pie_root_v2.zip (which should be on your external SD card). UNCHECK "Reboot after installation is complete". Flash. If you DO NOT want data encrypted then go back to the main screen, select "Wipe" then choose "Format Data".

7.Press back until you reach the main TWRP screen then click the Install button once again. Locate and select stang5litre_Edition_5.0_v1_Pie.zip. Then click the "Add more zips" button and locate and select s9+_ODM_combo_PIE_MOD_ATTVZWUSCTMXAA.zip. Once again choose "Add more zips" and locate and select stang5litre_ODM.zip. This time make sure "Reboot after installation is complete" is CHECKED! Flash.

8.Phone will then reboot and you will sit on the splash screen for a few minutes then it'll load to setup. Run through setup then Install MagiskManager-v7.0.0.apk ONLY IF you formatted Data in TWRP in step 6. Magisk may show as not installed until after you reboot.

Attention All Devs You Are Not Allowed To Take My Work Without My Permission!!!

Known Issues:
    None

Mods v1:
    Tether Mod
    Call recording unlocked
    Menu Message share enabled
    Notification reminder support added
    Gradiant Status Bar Mod Added
    3 Minit Battery Mod Added
    Enabled RIL power saving features.
    Enabled the camera during calls.
    Added Screen Capture Toggle
    Added Screen Recording
    Theme Store Unlocked
    stang5litre Boot Animation
    Klabit Kernel with Govs
    SHealth Fixed
    Bike Mode Added
    Well Being Added
    11 Options In Power Menu Added
    Invert Colors Toggle Added
    Cast Toggle Added
    Unlock After Boot With Finger Print Added
    High Volume Warning Removed
    And More!

Notes:
    - The ROM will not update your Modem
    - The Rom will update System to SAB
    - All Knox, and All Amazon apps etc.
    - This ROM does not change your bootloader
    - NEED TO BE ON PIE BOOTLOADER!!!
    - 9.0 TouchWiz Based 9.0 Experience OneUI

Disclaimer:
    This Rom is able to be installed on the Galaxy s9+ Using TWRP
    I am not responsible for anything that may happen or happens to your phone as a result of this custom firmware/Rom. You are choosing to install this yourself and thus assume any/all risks involved

GYWFYzx.jpg

Credits:
    @sammy- For Source
    @klabit87- Kernel, Advanced Tester, TWRP
    @gharrington- 3mint Mods
    @jrkruse - Expert Advising, And To Much To Post
    @SuperR.- Kitchen
    @Krog18- Over Half the Mods, Advanced Tester
    @gadget! - Boot Animation!
    @biikman - Advanced Tester
    @tylerhole - Advanced Tester, Simple Pie Instructions
    @Bren123 - Advanced Tester

Klabit Kernel Thread Link

Screen Shots:
    COMING SOON

Follow Me On:
    Twitter: @stang5litre
    Pro-Boards: @stang5litre
    Facebook: @stang5litre
    I found now how to set transparent with the black and white lines on color
    It's a alpha slider. Really simple to use. My Rom is only gonna get more modified as that's what I like to do. So if this is to much v2 won't be your cup of tea. #Rom control

stang5litre Edition 5.0 Roms
    Is it just me or does the forum seem kind of dead compared to what it used to be???

I remember back in the day when I first got into rooting my phones that everytime I would come on the forum there would be a ton of threads to catch up on... now I can go several days and when I check back in there is very little that is new to read.

Just seems like there is not as much going on or not as much interest as there once was.
    Just not as many users because not many people want to buy the device in full from a different country. Even if it means unlocked bootloader and full custom roms.
    Most people that would own snapdragon models, US consumers, would prefer to get the phone from the carrier and that locks them in with a locked bootloader and no chance of any custom rom, kernels, or recovery. They all hope for a workaround or an exploit or at the very least an eng root. Most of which are either not possible or will lead to a very unstable root. I prefer to be unlocked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    hello OP how are you ? really appreciate your work developing this rom, I had some experiences in build roms using github in the past ( for galaxy s7 and the whole nexus line ) I want to make my own rom again, since the snapdragon family is kind of forgotten, could you please send to me the base of your rom ? maybe on github, can be the whole file system before you have been introduced yours modifications, no problem, just did'nt find any rom to start of, using github, lets make this threads and custom roms for our snapdragon versions more popular ! =)

thank you so much !
    I have more than 3 hours with the rom and I must say that I think it's a great job, I have not had any mistakes, thanks to you and klabit for offering your work, I would like to mention that I would like some changes or improvements, such as:

- option to choose which commutator is displayed in the power menu.

- option to deactivate Gradiant Status Bar Mod, 3 Minit Battery Mod Added and restore the original battery.

for all your work I thank you forever, Greetings.

If you want to have the original looking battery just go into 3minit, under authors choose users and select #15.View attachment 4728813