Remove All Ads from XDA

[TWRP] [June/11/2018] [3.2.1-1] [SM-G9600] starqlte/chn

1,504 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,672

Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2018, 06:42 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
[QUOTE=jjhiza;78335648]That's exactly what I told the team here at work. They already had the devices prior to me being hired, so now we have to order some Asian variants. The issue with US variants of devices is that the major carriers want to be able to load them with their own proprietary software, as well as have the ability to SIM lock devices to their network... I understand it from a business point of view, but when we're paying upwards of $1,000 for a phone, we really should be able to do whatever we want with it. Samsung is really the only major OEM left that allows carriers to dictate terms to them like this. Motorola used to have the same issue, but they've gotten much better. Samsung (in regards to their US devices) is the last of a dying breed

Latin variants can be unkocked too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellcid01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ellcid01 Ad-Free

5th December 2018, 01:46 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1,666

Donate to Me
More
I noticed that mtp crashes twrp when plugged into my pc. Any plans to fix this?
Also when restoring an efs backup the sdd3 partition fails because it is read only.
I think users should be able to have this as rw so that backups may restore properly and completely.
I just thought i should inform you since i dont see anywhere else that mentions these issues.

Thanks for your great work @travis82 !
The Following User Says Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klabit87 Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 01:58 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabit87

Also when restoring an efs backup the sdd3 partition fails because it is read only.
I think users should be able to have this as rw so that backups may restore properly and completely.
I just thought i should inform you since i dont see anywhere else that mentions these issues.

Me too have this error when i try to restore efs
6th December 2018, 03:15 AM |#104  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry i didnt realize which thread i was in. I meant to be in the S9+ (SM-G9650) thread but it appears this still applies tho.
27th January 2019, 10:20 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm kind of new to what's going on with the s9 snapdragon so please forgive me for not knowing much. I have a SM-960U model. Is there still no root for these models? I havent rooted a phone in years and would like to get back into that.
27th January 2019, 10:22 PM |#106  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2233

I'm kind of new to what's going on with the s9 snapdragon so please forgive me for not knowing much. I have a SM-960U model. Is there still no root for these models? I havent rooted a phone in years and would like to get back into that.

No. Sorry. No method of root has been developed for those models. Only the Latin American/Chinese models can have unlocked bootloader and root.
Those are models sm-g9600 and sm-g9650.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
27th January 2019, 10:36 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

No. Sorry. No method of root has been developed for those models. Only the Latin American/Chinese models can have unlocked bootloader and root.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you. I didnt want to brick my phone with instructions that dont apply to my device. Havent rooted one of my phone since I had a s5 or 6.
15th February 2019, 11:56 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

Are all g9600/50 bootloader unlockable. Or only DS, i recently saw a listing saying that his latin american single sim g9600 is not bootloader unlockable. Sounds like he is an idiot?
16th February 2019, 12:13 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreemator

Are all g9600/50 bootloader unlockable. Or only DS, i recently saw a listing saying that his latin american single sim g9600 is not bootloader unlockable. Sounds like he is an idiot?

Yes All versions of g9600 9650 are unlockable plus the japanese g9608
The Following User Says Thank You to Ellcid01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ellcid01 Ad-Free
24th February 2019, 03:33 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Here I am, still waiting for a new version of TWRP
25th February 2019, 02:37 PM |#111  
Flag Manzanillo,colima,mx
Thanks Meter: 11

More
waited at some point
to be able to install twrp and root to
g9600 with android 9.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread