[ROM][Lineage] LineageOS 7.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy SL i9003

Search This thread

clickmail84

May 21, 2019
It just bootloop on twrp without getting to lineage. I'm keeping flashing only rom and rom+gapps but it wont boot

MauriJ2001

It just bootloop on twrp without getting to lineage. I'm keeping flashing only rom and rom+gapps but it wont boot

try this

Flash XXKPE

Flash CWM

enter to cwm and flash CM 11

Boot to CM11

in CM 11 do a factory reset

Flash the rom

in TWRP flash the rom again 2 times and try to wipe /system and cache with EXT4 and Wipe /Data first with EXT2 and then wipe with EXT4

flash the rom only

Reboot

wait 15 minutes to boot the rom and reboot to recovery

Flash Gapps

Enjoy! :good:

this rom willl get another update or the proyect is dead :confused:

and nice work the rom is working fine in my I9003L

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
try this

Flash XXKPE

Flash CWM

Boot to CM11

Flash the rom

in TWRP flash the rom again 2 times and try to wipe /system and cache with EXT4 and Wipe /Data first with EXT2 and then wipe with EXT4

flash the rom only

Reboot

Flash Gapps

The OP said that he is moving his support to postmarketos, which is a mobile edition of Linux(linux is the enemy of windows).
This ROM, support-wise, is mostly dead and probably, if you want something new and more secure(like android 11 or what), better upgrade to a newer phone.

Last edited:

huguitovi

Apr 20, 2022
Yes I'm unfortunately unable to continue support for the device as my i9003's battery died a long time ago with no replacement :/
That being said, I've been getting multiple share requests for this ROM so I'll fix the download link again :)
In my country you can still get the batteries for this equipment, let me know if you want one. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the great job you have done. Thanks to
try this

Flash XXKPE

Flash CWM

Boot to CM11

Flash the rom

flash the rom only

Reboot

Flash Gapps

too!!

Reactions: Technohacker1995

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTE: If you've tried to download this ROM before and Google Drive didn't let you access it, I have reuploaded the ROM directly to this post​

First, the usual disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * Your probably long expired warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you
     * and point my finger right back at you.
     */

About the ROM
    This is a build of LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat) for the Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-I9003)

Things to take a note of
    • This ROM is still a Work In Progress. As such, some features do not work, as listed ahead
    • Make sure you keep a backup of your files. This update WILL wipe every partition (/system, /cache, /data, /sdcard).
    • IMPORTANT: Returning to an older ROM is non-trivial because this update applies a different partitioning scheme. To return to another version, flash the boot.img (possibly using heimdall or bml_over_mtd) of the ROM you wish to install, reboot to recovery, and flash.
    • ADB does not authenticate any requests. Hence, ensure you disable ADB if you're not a developer.

Steps to flash
    • Reboot to Recovery.
    • Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    • Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash. It will reboot to TWRP.
    • Flash the ROM zip again. It WILL fail on this flash to let you go back to an older boot.img to stop installation if you wish to. Flash again to continue.
    • Flash GApps (OpenGApps pico package recommended).
    • Reboot. First boot can take 15mins or so.

NOTE: When upgrading from an older version of this ROM, it's recommended to wipe /system due to certain issues with the installer not updating the boot image correctly.

Downloads
    ROM: lineage-14.1-20181008-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysl.zip Check the attachments on this post
    Older version: lineage-14.1-20170826-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysl.zip

Things that work
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Calling
    • SMS
    • Vibrator
    • Audio playback
    • LegacyCamera (no front camera)

Things that don't work
    • Adopted storage
    • Camera2
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • Video playback
    • Anything that is not explicitly listed as working

Tips and tricks
    • For forcing high end graphics (transparency in UI), add the following to build.prop
      Code:
      persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 7.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy SL i9003, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy SL i9003

Contributors
    Technohacker1995, xc-racer99, Dheeraj CVR (@dhiru1602)
    Source Code: https://github.com/Technohacker/android_device_samsung_galaxysl

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 14.1
    Beta Release Date: 2017-08-26

Created 2017-08-26
    Last Updated 2017-08-26
    Just curiosity- what is the sense in 7 android on so weak hardware?

Just to show that it can be done, and a passion for reusing old hardware :p
    Can someone pls enlighten me as soon as possible.....?? Is this ROM stable?? And it is written in the post that the status is given as Beta........ wt does that mean??.......Nd i did not understand......Why is it not possible to go back to an older ROM?? I need a detailed instructions (if pssble) how to get back to the previous ROM...... Currently iam using CM 11.......Can't I get back to my previous nandroid backup of this current ROM ?? pls answer this ASAP......Want to try how this ROM actually looks like on my GT-I9003......And i sincerely request someone to post the screens of this ROM pls.............. :)

And would like to know wat is the difference btwn This Lineage ROM nd the Omni ROM....??

You don't have to double post :D

This ROM is *somewhat* stable, however there are features missing (mobile data, GPS, video playback, etc.). Alpha and Beta are measures of how stable a version is (Alpha < Beta < Stable, in order of stability).

The reason you cannot go to a previous Android version is because I have repartitioned the phone's internal storage for a bigger /system partition and no internal /sdcard storage (it is now emulated storage). You can return to a previous ROM by flashing the stock ROM (to be more specific, the boot.img), rebooting to recovery and restoring your ROM backup.

I can post some screenshots soon, if needed :)

I started by porting Omni to our phone, to see if it was possible. Then I went for Lineage because it contains more features. So the Omni port is no longer active, It's recommended to use this LineageOS port.

Also, the Omni port uses the same partitioning format as older ROMs but at the disadvantage of having no system partition space for GApps and lesser fixes.

Cheers!
    Thanks fr the reply!!!!
    YES!!! i would love to see some screenshots....... :D
    sorry but iam a noob at all this......I actually have another doubt too......
    As u said that i should flash the stock rom..... here wt does a BOOT.IMG mean??
    If u reply to this As soon as possible i would like to know wat all precautions should i take before flashing this rom.....
    Bcoz this is the frst time iam seeing that u can't go back to the previous rom....
    Usually i would take a nand. backup and test out a new rom nd then i wld go back to my previous backup......
    Iam askin all these because the first time i flashed the Omni Rom a month before....... Nd i actually bricked my phone......
    I got this "phone -exclamation-pc" icon everytime i try to get into BOOT mode or RECOVERY........
    Then i recoverd safely after flashing the stock rom.......

Nd Instead of 7.1.2 for i9003 I would love to see 5.0 or 6.0 for this device......
    Cant find any Lollipop or Marshmellow ROMS for the SL......

And i sincerely thank you for creating this NEW ROM for the SL..... :)
    Have'nt seen any new ROMS lately after the CM11

(nd plssssss once think abt making a 5.0 ROM fr the SL.......What is ur opinion abt it......?? Iam sure it would look great on the SL.....) :)

Once again thank u for the reply.....
    (ppl on xda surely are pretty friendly..... :p )

Will send screenshots soon :D

You can ignore that and just go ahead with flashing the stock ROM. The boot.img file is essentially the file that contains the boot code and recovery of the phone (in simplified terms)

The main precautions you should keep in mind are that the Internal SD card is now emulated, so wiping data will wipe any photos/music stored in internal storage. The safest place to keep your files are on an external SD card (keep your CM11 backup there, too)

The exclamation mark error is when the phone can't find the boot code, that might've been the ROM flash geting stopped partway. You can recover from that using Odin.

I actually did make a 5.0.2 NamelessROM build, but it's not very usable as such. Lollipop had an issue which used up phone RAM too much. Our phone having 512MB of RAM just made it worse. In between I was away on other tasks and so, by the time I returned, Nougat was latest. Hence, it didn't make sense (atleast to me :p) to make a Marshmallow ROM when Nougat was the one in development.

You're welcome :D

As said above, a 5.0.2 build exists, which isn't very usable. A Marshmallow ROM doesn't exist for our phone but if one wishes to build CyanogenMod 13.0 for our device, I can give help :D

XDA and other internet forums are not all that friendly, just make sure you follow the rules of the forum :D

Cheers!
    K.....I know i may sound frustrating, but when can we expect the new update for this rom??

I don't think it'd be any time soon, quite busy with other things, sorry :\