[Kernel] [S7262] [22/05/2015] Beast™ Kernel v2.1

Does You Phone Perform Better After Flashing Beast v2?

• I Dont think So It is same as the Stock kernel :p

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
Hey regalstreak I successfully flashed your kernel on my S7262 and I thank you for this, but im facing some issues with this kernel. It did not happen before when I'm using stock kernel.

1.) When I mount the sd card in my phone or if I restart/reboot/open the phone with sd card inserted, some of the files inside (eg. videos, musics) becomes 0bytes and corrupted. It did not happen if I greenify all my apps (including system apps) before I insert my sd card.

2.) Sometimes the touch of my phone freezes on boot even I'm opening only light apps like Opera Mini but the app is still running. I observed this because I am using "Show touches" in debug mode. And when I open heavy apps like Clash of Clans, the touch pointer freezes but the app is running, so when I try to attack a village, yipee "I lost" haha...

I hope you understand this coz I'm a Filipino and literally poor in English haha. I hope you give me an advice for this issue and it will be fixed soon. Thanks again for the kernel.
:)
Im afraid that I hadnt faced these while i had a star pro and i have long deprecated the kernel. @FireLord may help you on this

Edit: You may switch to his kernel now which is active in development. Ask him for more information. I develop for my oneplus2 now.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

alvin3102

Feb 4, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Star
Realme 6
Im afraid that I hadnt faced these while i had a star pro and i have long deprecated the kernel. @FireLord may help you on this

Edit: You may switch to his kernel now which is active in development. Ask him for more information. I develop for my oneplus2 now.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Oh my, but I didn't blame you regalstreak. I appreciate all your hard works and your team in this phone. Good job bro.

Reactions: regalstreak

MOHIT2222

Mar 14, 2016
Hello i installed this kernel but after that no application is installing on my phone showing application not installed

rajesh8991

Sep 15, 2014
Hyderabad
does it supports ext2/ext3/ext4 partetions

FAQ_zpshe9c9qs4.jpg

Q1) Will it work on my ROM?
Ans: Yes! It works on all the ROMs available for our device. (Custom/Stock)

Q2) The phone is lagging!
Short Answer:It will ofcourse lag in the beginning for a minute. See the phone speed up after that!
Long Answer:The phone builds the cache and dalvik cache required to run the programs and apps for the device. So it takes around one or two minutes for the device to start-up completely. So just wait for that duration. Then enjoy my kernel :D
Even then, if it is lagging. it is because of your phone. Try clearing cache from recovery and uninstall some unnecessary apps.

Q3) When will you add feature X?
Ans: Ill add them as soon as possible. If you need a feature, you can post that in the feature requests section, or even quote me here! But due to studies, it would require some time.

Q4) Can I use this kernel in my custom ROM?
Ans: You should seek my permission for that. Ask me on Facebook. I may reply fast. Here is my Facebook account: Neil Agarwal

Q5) I am facing white screen! Please help!
Ans: If you face the white screen error, update to latest version of the stock ROM. Then flash the kernel. If you have any other problems, you can quote me here! :D

Q6) I am not able to connect to my PC! Gimme a solution :p
Ans: These are the steps to solve the problem:

• Open your Dialer App
    [*]Enter: *#0808#
    [*]A menu will now pop up
    [*]Select MTP+ADB And Select OK!

Q7) I am not getting signal! I just can see Emergency calls only! Please help!
Ans: This is because you have lost your EFS folder. Your Internal SD Card might not work. Your Lock Screen might not work. When you press the power button for a short time, your phone may turn off directly. You may view yellow text on your screen. OK. Enough of info. Now, The Fix:
  • Go Here
  • Enjoy!
  • If it still does not work, Feel free to contact me! :D

Q8) My Lockscreen is not working!
Ans: Read FAQ Question 7

Q9) There is Yellow Text on my screen!

Now You Are Good To Go!

does it support ext2/ext3/ext4 partetions

sudarshanvp61

Nov 6, 2016
Help

Forgot to make efs backup so now efs is corrupt and can't access internal storage.
Any way to restore my efs partition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beast%20Kernel_zpss7h4y9dq.jpg

FOR UPDATE, GO HERE

Beast™ Kernel v2.1

For Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262 (logan2g)

#StarProBeast

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD Cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about this kernel before following it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    * And if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

"It takes days to make a kernel but it doesn't even take few seconds to press the Thanks Button" - arpith.fbi (XDA Recognized Contributor)

FEATURES_zpsvw9ryiqi.jpg

• Compiled from Official Linaro Toolchain 4.6.4
      [*]Compiled With Official Source Provided by Samsung
      [*]Compiled With Latest Samsung Source
      [*]Smoother than butter
      [*]Speed Of Phone is Increased Drastically
      [*]Most of Lag is Fixed
      [*]Swap Partition Support
      [*]Init.d Support
      [*]Nano Text Editor Support
      [*]App2SD Support (May Need Compatible ROM)
      [*]Insecure boot image (Easy Root)
      [*]Allowed Mock Locations From Kernel
      [*]Allowed Kernel Debugging
      [*]Insecure ADB Support
      [*]Can Take Logcat from Bootsplash
      [*]Can Use ADB Commands before phone fully starts up
      [*]Added Kernel Linaro Patch
      [*]Added Various Governors
      [*]Added Custom Governors: SmartassV2, Lagfree, Lazy, InteractiveX, Lionheart.
      [*]Made Powersave Default Governor New
      [*]Added Various I/O Schedulers
      [*]Added Custom I/O Schedulers: Deadline, SIO.
      [*]Made Noop Default I/O Scheduler New
      [*]Added USB Fastcharge Support
      [*]Added USB Keyboard Support
      [*]Added NTFS (R/W), MSDOS, VFAT, FAT Filesystems Support
      [*]Battery Life Increased
      [*]Compatible SuperSU Binary And App
      [*]Added Busybox binary
      [*]Added sysro and sysrw binaries

Installation_zpsbafznulr.jpg

THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR PRO/PLUS (GT-S7262)

Steps:

1] Download Beast™ Kernel's Latest Module's Zip From the Download Section of the thread

2] Transfer it (without extracting) to your phone's External SD Card

3] Download Beast™ Kernel's Latest BOOT-IMAGE.tar.md5 From the Download Section of the thread

4] Switch off your phone

5] Put your phone in Download Mode (Volume down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously)

6] Press Volume Up to continue when asked

7] Download Odin.zip on your PC

8] Extract Odin.zip with Winrar and open Odin.exe file (the file with a blue icon)

9] Connect Phone to PC with USB Cable

10] Wait for some 15 seconds and see if COM(number) port has come in Blue colour <If it does not appear, read FAQ>

11] Select PDA and browse to Beast™ Kernel's Latest BOOT-IMAGE.tar.md5

12] Click the Flash button

13] Wait for it to show RESET in blue colour

14] After it shows Reset Disconnect phone from PC by removing USB Cable

15] Remove Battery of Phone

16] Insert Battery of phone

17] Put your phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously)

Now use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down (To go up, press Volume Up button Once. To go down, press Volume Down button Once) And To select an option, use the Power Button

18] Go to Install Zip From SD Card Select it

19] Go to Choose Zip From SD Card Select it

20] Now browse to Beast Kernel's Latest Module's Zip where you had transferred it to your external SD Card

21] Select It

22] Go to Yes by pressing Volume Down button. Select it

23] After the process completes, you have successfully flashed The Beast™ Kernel! :D

24] Now Go Back And Select Reboot Phone

25] Enjoy!

Download_zpstcnvfxz9.jpg

Source%20Codes_zpslgkyxr8k.jpg

Please press the Thanks Button guys! It means a lot to us devs :D

"Code Wins Arguments" - regalstreak (XDA Senior Member)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Beast™ Kernel, Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro

Contributors
    regalstreak

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-05-22

Created 2015-05-20
    Last Updated 2015-05-22
    FAQ

FAQ_zpshe9c9qs4.jpg

Q1) Will it work on my ROM?
    Ans: Yes! It works on all the ROMs available for our device. (Custom/Stock)

Q2) The phone is lagging!
    Short Answer:It will ofcourse lag in the beginning for a minute. See the phone speed up after that!
    Long Answer:The phone builds the cache and dalvik cache required to run the programs and apps for the device. So it takes around one or two minutes for the device to start-up completely. So just wait for that duration. Then enjoy my kernel :D
    Even then, if it is lagging. it is because of your phone. Try clearing cache from recovery and uninstall some unnecessary apps.

Q3) When will you add feature X?
    Ans: Ill add them as soon as possible. If you need a feature, you can post that in the feature requests section, or even quote me here! But due to studies, it would require some time.

Q4) Can I use this kernel in my custom ROM?
    Ans: You should seek my permission for that. Ask me on Facebook. I may reply fast. Here is my Facebook account: Neil Agarwal

Q5) I am facing white screen! Please help!
    Ans: If you face the white screen error, update to latest version of the stock ROM. Then flash the kernel. If you have any other problems, you can quote me here! :D

Q6) I am not able to connect to my PC! Gimme a solution :p
    Ans: These are the steps to solve the problem:

• Open your Dialer App
      [*]Enter: *#0808#
      [*]A menu will now pop up
      [*]Select MTP+ADB And Select OK!

Q7) I am not getting signal! I just can see Emergency calls only! Please help!
    Ans: This is because you have lost your EFS folder. Your Internal SD Card might not work. Your Lock Screen might not work. When you press the power button for a short time, your phone may turn off directly. You may view yellow text on your screen. OK. Enough of info. Now, The Fix:
    • Go Here
    • Enjoy!
    • If it still does not work, Feel free to contact me! :D

Q8) My Lockscreen is not working!

Q9) There is Yellow Text on my screen!

Now You Are Good To Go!
    Changelog_zpspj2q9wy3.jpg

Code:
    [B]v2.1 - 22 May 2015[/B]
    -Fixed Date/Time Reset Bug
    -Made Powersave Default Governor
    -Made Noop Default I/O Scheduler
    -Fixed Phone not connecting to PC

[B]v2.0 - 19 May 2015[/B]
    -Compiled from Official Linaro Toolchain 4.6.4
    -Compiled With Newest Source
    -Speed Of Phone Increased
    -Increased Battery Life
    -Added Swap Partition Support
    -Added Init.d Support
    -Added Nano Text Editor Support
    -Added App2SD Support [Experimental]
    -Added Insecure ADB Support
    -Added Busybox binary
    -Added sysro and sysrw binaries
    -Added Kernel Linaro Patch
    -Added Various Governors
    -Added Various I/O Schedulers
    -Added USB Fastcharge Support
    -Added USB Keyboard Support
    -Added Compatible SuperSU Binary And App
    -Added NTFS (R/W), MSDOS, VFAT, FAT Filesystems Support
    -Made Boot Image Insecure
    -Allowed Mock Locations From Kernel
    -Allowed Kernel Debugging
    -Allowed Use ADB Commands before phone fully starts up
    -Allowed Take of Logcat from Bootsplash

[B]v1.0 - 31 October 2014[/B]
    -Initial release.
    Features%20In%20Brief_zpspsjuo4vh.jpg

Swap Memory Support:
    • You can now increase your handset RAM size (virtually) using third party app or init.d script!
    • Use any Ram Expanding application or init.d script for Swap Memory. Make sure you have enough free space in External SD-Card to be used as Virtual Ram.
    • Make sure you select External SD-Card as swap partition before applying changes in your favorite ram expanding app/script.

Init.d support:
    • This feature allows users to install scripts and mods to be run at boot. Everything from battery tweaks to performance tweaks. It essentially opens the door to a world of mods, only possible through the Init.d process.
    • Make sure you have busybox in your xbin folder with run-parts enabled before trying out this feature.
    • Add any scripts you like to run at boot at /system/etc/init.d/ folder.

Nano Text Editor:
    • Nano is a text editor for Linux OS using a command line interface. It emulates the Pico text editor and also provides additional functionality.
    • To use it to edit a file, In Adb shell, get access to superuser permissions and then type "nano (filename.txt)
    • It is useful to unbrick the device in certain conditions.

App2SD Support: (EXPERIMENTAL)
    • Are you running out of application storage? Do you need the feature that can move apps to your SD Card? You have come to the right place!
    • This component streamlines the movement of apps to on your device's external or internal storage through your device's Settings.
    • With this, you'll have more control over your ever expanding collection of apps. This is crucial to anyone who has memory management issues.
    • Required App: AppMgr III

Governors:
    • Different kernels can support different CPU Governors, which manage the way your phone ramps up or down its clock speeds as you use it.
    • There are a few different kinds of Governors.
    • To Change an I/O Scheduler, You need an App. The Best One is: No-frills CPU Control
    • Go Here For More Reference

I/O Schedulers
    • Input/output (I/O) scheduling is a term used to describe the method computer operating systems decide the order that block I/O operations will be submitted to storage volumes.
    • I/O schedulers can have many purposes depending on the goal of the I/O scheduler, some common goals are:
    • To minimize time wasted by hard disk seeks.
    • To prioritize a certain processes' I/O requests.
    • To guarantee that certain requests will be issued before a particular deadline.
    • To Change an I/O Scheduler, You need an App. The Best One is: No-frills CPU Control
    • Go Here For More Reference

USB Force Fast Charge Support:
    • USB Fast Charge allows you to charge battery faster when connected to a PC/Laptop via USB using Fast Charge App. Very useful in certain situations.
    • Increases input current limit to 1000mA when charging via USB.
    • Required App: Fast Charge

USB Keyboard Support:
    • Turn your Android device into USB keyboard/mouse for your PC/Laptop. Very useful in certain situations.
    • Steps:
    • Start ADB Debugging
    • Start app
    • Connect device to system via USB cable
    • Required app: USB Keyboard
    I have updated CWM to 6.0.3.7.
    Before all this, i have CWM 6.0.1.1. and have updated the Rom to Sweet Kit Kat rom v 4.4.2. After flashing a message like below is staying on home screen and if i am calling a no, then message is comming "Not registred on network".
    If i am restarting to recovery, it is not going to the same and rebooting to normal phone mode and during boot in "SAMSUNG Logo screen i am getting a small RED line, which i have viewed when previously i enter to Recovery Mode. Please HELP me what to do and How to solve the problem. I am a software professional and can get your instructions very easily. Please help me.

The message showing on the Home screen is like this:
    Update Device Information

PDA : S7262XXUAND5
    PHONE : S7262XXUANI1
    CSC : UNKNOWN
    H/W :
    RF Cal Date: Unknown
    SMD : 01N, PBA:04N, CAL:07N, FINAL:11N
    UN : CN50AD19B8697C0
    Rear CAM: SR200PC20M NA
    TSP : ZI212207 ZI212207
    TSK : ZI212207 ZI212207
    CH : NA
    UART : NA , USB: NA

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Sir,
    from previous post i felt that, my EFS folder is deleted. Please instruct me "How to restore it:. Please Help me.... .

Your answer is in the FAQ. Please read question 7. Press the thanks button if i helped :D

Not really sure. Is there any way to get OTG working on the S7262?

No bro! unfortunately samsung touchwiz ROMs dont support OTG. So, we cant have that lovely feature. :( But it is already present in the kernel. If any1 finds a way to use, pm me :D