FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any innovative use for this GT-S5282?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By sukucorp, Junior Member on 4th December 2019, 12:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have two of these phones lying around. Though slow and dated, the device still boots up and the battery life is not too bad either. I have been trying to see if there is some way I can put these devices to use. Some of the suggestions I saw online were using it as a remote controller (limited use since the phone does not have IR blaster), alarm clock, calendar, security camera (con - camera is not that great), Internet Radio (con - sound not that great), photo frame.

Any other uses that you have found for this phone
4th December 2019, 04:02 PM |#2  
Flag Wonosobo,Jawa Tengah
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukucorp

I have two of these phones lying around. Though slow and dated, the device still boots up and the battery life is not too bad either. I have been trying to see if there is some way I can put these devices to use. Some of the suggestions I saw online were using it as a remote controller (limited use since the phone does not have IR blaster), alarm clock, calendar, security camera (con - camera is not that great), Internet Radio (con - sound not that great), photo frame.

Root them and use it to cut connection with netcut

Sent from my Samsung GT-S5282 using XDA Labs
4th January 2020, 06:15 PM |#3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukucorp

I haven't done this, yet, but i believe this is best way to utilize old devices until desktop mode becomes mature and supporting hardware comes to the market.

1) Buy wireless keyboard(probably with trackpad) which can support your device and a descent screen enlarger.
2) Install app like Sentio Desktop or anything else to give it desktop like feel.
3) Use it for watching videos or web browsing (landscape mode with "Request desktop site").
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)