FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[KERNEL] [GT-S5282] [CM13] Nougat Kernel Backward Ported to Marshmallow

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 130
 
By RJinxed, Senior Member on 10th February 2017, 04:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/
I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU A PERFORMANCE BOOST AFTER THIS,
THIS KERNEL IS JUST AN EXPERIMENT WHICH SUCCEEDED


Mini Features
Disable ZRAM for reduced CPU loads
Reason:
Enabled ZRAM can improve memory usage in a cost of high CPU load.
Since cgroups and ksm is already enabled in MM, I don't think we need more memory management,
we need CPU optimizations more since CM13 is pretty laggy

Set Deadline as default scheduler
Reason:
Measurements have shown that the deadline scheduler outperforms the CFQ scheduler for certain multithreaded workloads


Bugs
Same as CM13, RIL takes a long time to work.

Installation Instructions
  • Download and put the zip in your phone
  • You must use an SELinux enabled recovery. I recommend TWRP 3.0.2
  • Go to recovery and flash the downloaded zip
  • Reboot

Credits

LahKeda ,Corphish , Dreamstar , Psych.Half , Andii_nr , Regalstreak , Doesntexits && Ngoquang2708

Screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170210-102622.png
Views:	1850
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	4035893  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nougat Kernel ported to MM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.53 MB, 948 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RJinxed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RJinxed Ad-Free
 
 
10th February 2017, 06:13 AM |#2  
BatDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Look! On the rooftop!
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJinxed

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/


I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU A PERFORMANCE BOOST AFTER THIS,
THIS KERNEL IS JUST AN EXPERIMENT WHICH SUCCEEDED


Mini Features
Disable ZRAM for reduced CPU loads
Reason:
Enabled ZRAM can improve memory usage in a cost of high CPU load.
Since cgroups and ksm is already enabled in MM, I don't think we need more memory management,
we need CPU optimizations more since CM13 is pretty laggy

Set Deadline as default scheduler
Reason:
Measurements have shown that the deadline scheduler outperforms the CFQ scheduler for certain multithreaded workloads


Bugs
Same as CM13, RIL takes a long time to work.

Installation Instructions
  • Download and put the zip in your phone
  • You must use an SELinux enabled recovery. I recommend TWRP 3.0.2
  • Go to recovery and flash the downloaded zip
  • Reboot

Credits
I give no credits for myself. Technically this is still the work of

LahKeda ,Corphish , Dreamstar , Psych.Half , Andii_nr , Regalstreak , Doesntexits && Ngoquang2708

Screenshot





WoW!
Is the cpu_freq driver enabled?
Any custom frequencies?
I don't have cm13 right now
Is there any improvement after installing that kernel?
thanks
10th February 2017, 06:42 AM |#3  
RJinxed's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatDroid

[/hide]

WoW!
Is the cpu_freq driver enabled?
Any custom frequencies?
I don't have cm13 right now
Is there any improvement after installing that kernel?
thanks

it wasnt enabled in cm14.1 so, nope. also ive no plan of adding it since i experience alot of freezes from it (from lahkedas overclocked kernel) especially when playing videos. it freezes halfway through.

also, I experienced a slight boost. It's not as fast as cm11/slimkat but I feel it's way faster than the original cm13. I cant say itll work the same for you tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to RJinxed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RJinxed Ad-Free
10th February 2017, 07:16 AM |#4  
BatDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Look! On the rooftop!
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJinxed

it wasnt enabled in cm14.1 so, nope. also ive no plan of adding it since i experience alot of freezes from it (from lahkedas overclocked kernel) especially when playing videos. it freezes halfway through.

also, I experienced a slight boost. It's not as fast as cm11/slimkat but I feel it's way faster than the original cm13. I cant say itll work the same for you tho.

disable memory allocation for camera and enable cpu_freq driver.
Hope there wont b any lags and hangs.
The Following User Says Thank You to BatDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BatDroid Ad-Free
10th February 2017, 01:49 PM |#5  
BatDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Look! On the rooftop!
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
@RJinxed
a little off topic bro.
And sorry 4that 2
do u have the latest stock firmware?
build - XXANF3
or XXANF4?
can u share it with us?
we have a really big problem :'(
10th February 2017, 02:23 PM |#6  
RJinxed's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatDroid

@RJinxed
a little off topic bro.
And sorry 4that 2
do u have the latest stock firmware?
build - XXANF3
or XXANF4?
can u share it with us?
we have a really big problem :'(

I dont have it, sorry.
The only stock rom I have is the stock deodexed prerooted.
But here's a link I found which contains every firmware for S5282

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-S5282
The Following User Says Thank You to RJinxed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RJinxed Ad-Free
10th February 2017, 03:17 PM |#7  
BatDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Look! On the rooftop!
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJinxed

I dont have it, sorry.
The only stock rom I have is the stock deodexed prerooted.
But here's a link I found which contains every firmware for S5282

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-S5282

Useless.
I have tried dloading from it already and failed.
But thanks for searching
13th February 2017, 05:52 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Mangalore
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
15th February 2017, 04:27 AM |#9  
BatDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Look! On the rooftop!
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJinxed

I dont have it, sorry.
The only stock rom I have is the stock deodexed prerooted.
But here's a link I found which contains every firmware for S5282

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-S5282

does this kernel has high contrast bug?
15th February 2017, 05:34 AM |#10  
RJinxed's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatDroid

does this kernel has high contrast bug?

FYI, I never actually faced the contrast bug in any rom and any kernel except in Zapdos 2.0 back then when it was still called "croco kernel".

But after that, I never faced this bug in CM11, SlimKat, Stock, CM13, CM14.1, CM10.1 and ANY kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to RJinxed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RJinxed Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 06:34 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJinxed

FYI, I never actually faced the contrast bug in any rom and any kernel except in Zapdos 2.0 back then when it was still called "croco kernel".

But after that, I never faced this bug in CM11, SlimKat, Stock, CM13, CM14.1, CM10.1 and ANY kernel.

@BatDroid it is only we are facing the contrast bug how is it possible.
i love to have custom ROM in my phone but the contrast bug😫😫😫😖

btw Rjinxed could you please reply which firmware do you use
dial *#1234# in phone take screenshot and post it here please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm13, cm14.1, galaxy star, kernel, s5282

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes