[ROM][7.1][UNOFFICIAL][DISCONTINUED]CyanogenMod 14.1 || 4 November 2016

Search This thread

corphish

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
@LahKeda @corphish

Strange I have that branch on the manifest.. and i've used the defconfig in Board.mk
What else could be the error :|

I am not sure really.
We have been using that branch since forever.

Anyway since you are back after a long time, I guess you might have forgotten that we use the uncompressed kernel (Image) instead of zImage.
Also the size of kernel must be 10-ish MB.
And the size must not exceed 10MB, thanks to our microscopic boot partition.

Also what ROM base you are working on?

psych.half

Jun 29, 2014
@corphish
Oh it's the boot.img from `mka otapackage` so that shouldnt be the case.. I checked the out dir anyway and it's Image. not zImage..
The final boot.img is 9mb . and I can flash it manually yoo..

I'm using https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android so I dont have to backport most of the patches..
I'm guessing the error is due to selinux.. probably missing syscalls ..
I will have to check a 3.0.101 kernel that has booted nougat 7.1.2

@LahKeda
Didnt work.. I'm pretty sure its due to missing selinux syscalls now..

corphish

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
@corphish
Oh it's the boot.img from `mka otapackage` so that shouldnt be the case.. I checked the out dir anyway and it's Image. not zImage..
The final boot.img is 9mb . and I can flash it manually yoo..

I'm using https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android so I dont have to backport most of the patches..
I'm guessing the error is due to selinux.. probably missing syscalls ..
I will have to check a 3.0.101 kernel that has booted nougat 7.1.2

@LahKeda
Didnt work.. I'm pretty sure its due to missing selinux syscalls now..

Ok.

Anyway, current status of lineage-14.1 is,
Yes we did build lineage-14.1, lot had changed from cm-14.1, for example healthd and stuff, we fixed it and made it inline with the then current status of cm-14.1.
One big problem still remains, is the binder issues with InputDispatcher, in short low memory, causing failed binder transactions and hence random reboot.
Perhaps we could benefit here from Unlegacy-android.

Please let us know once you have got the kernel booting :)

Reactions: thelordabdo
G

GuestK0089

Hi guys)
I wanted to know why does the reboot happen when going to recent apps?
BTW I saw somewhere that Android O will be optimized to run on 512 MB RAM smartphones...

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Hello @LehKeda
Thank you for spending your time on this little device for so long, I want to develop android rom, and I would like to start development from this small device, I wonder if we can make stable android 8 or 8 go version for this device? Is there such an opportunity? I plug my 2nd line into this sometimes.
This device is really obsolete. I still have my old SIM in it tho.
I recommend that you get a more-modern device and start developing for it. if possible get Samsung M51 and continue my work on it. there are many bugs and it's kinda a good opportunity to learn some new stuff.

Reactions: kullanici32
This device is really obsolete. I still have my old SIM in it tho.
I recommend that you get a more-modern device and start developing for it. if possible get Samsung M51 and continue my work on it. there are many bugs and it's kinda a good opportunity to learn some new stuff.
I got it, I thought it would be easier to start from a small device since I'm just trying it for the first time, new models have more features, and I thought it would be difficult to adapt them to rom (maybe it's easier to make roms on new devices, I really don't know how to do it from scratch : D )
I'm currently using s10e, I would love to make graphane os for this device, maybe I can do it if I learn in the future.

I also want to ask this: I loaded a rom on it, then I turned it off and when I turned it on again, the boot screen would come and close again, I flashed the stock rom, and now the device is constantly looping by pressing the power button, only if I put it on the charger, it works with the power button, I have the battery no problem , I wonder why? Also, the sim card signal comes after 3 hours to 6 hours, what could be the reason for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM-14.1 For Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5280/2

This project is discontinued if you want to know why please read this post , Here .

DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST !!!
    DON'T SPAM OVER THE TOPIC !!!
    DON'T ASK FOR ETA !!!
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working
    • Everything other than those mentioned in 'Not working list'.

What's not working
    • OpenGL drawing in SystemUI (may never be fixed).
    • Video Recording
    • There are some random reboot while interacting with the device . (If you were lucky and managed to get logs please share it .)
    • Bluetooth is not discovered by other devices and it can't discover other devices too .
    • CM 14.1 is new so there will be CM specific bugs.

Screenshots
    6stblyx75sa5cyc6g.jpg
    c8c52t6e9mv8oc96g.jpg
    xaa6127kv196bef6g.jpg
    0fjbayz1rzhhdfr6g.jpg
    zi71zn7zelce7v76g.jpg
    na3zdr12fvvbr9j6g.jpg
    79jl95igqg6bp6v6g.jpg

If you sill want to download this ROM even if it's discontinued for fixing bugs or any other reasons please read this post first , Here .

Installation Instructions
    • Download and put the ROM zip in your phone.
    • You must use a SELinux enabled recovery. (TWRP 3.2 ONLY). If not install that first and then proceed.
    • Go to recovery, wipe data/cache. (Yes you will need to do a data wipe even if you are upgrading from CM-14.1 to incorporate ROM changes).
    • Flash ROM.
    • (Optional) Flash gapps.
    • Reboot.
    • Note the first boot with take 20 to 30 minutes if it lasts longer then reboot the device and it should boot .
    • Enjoy.

Download
    CyanogenMod 14.1 - Beta 1
    Gapps - opengapps.org

Source
    Device Tree
    Vendor Tree
    Kernel Tree

Credits
    @corphish - for tree , instructions and another stuff !
    @Dreamstar - For his SELinux enabled recovery .
    @psych.half - For his kernel .
    @andii_nr - For fixes.
    doesntexits && ngoquang2708 - For their works for SGV and for their keen interest in helping us.
    Without them all CM14.1 was not possible.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Star

Contributors
    LahKeda, corphish
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2016-11-04

Created 2016-11-04
    Last Updated 2017-01-02
    F.A.Q

F.A.Q :

Q - Why you mustn't quote the hole post ?
    A - As you are killing us dude !

Q - Why mustn't I ask for ETA ?
    A - Simply , we are students and colleges so we are busy with our studying and other life problems !

Q - Why mustn't you Spam ?
    A -As Organization Is the key to achieve the impossible !

Q - I have faced some issues, which is not mentioned in the 'Not Working' list........?
    A - For bug reports, the least we can expect from you is a logcat taken during the issue. Or atleast, you could tell us how and when did you face the bug, how can we reproduce the bug to fix it. Reports without any of these will be ignored.

Q - Can I use your ROM/any part of ROM and modify it and release it separately?
    A - Yes you can. But please mention proper credits.

Q - I flashed this ROM, but I dont find any Google App, where can I find it?
    A - gapps will be mentioned later in OP but you can get them from any where and flash it !

Bug reporting
    How to report a bug?

• First off all, check the 'not working' list and see if the bug you are facing is already mentioned or not. If it is, stop right away because the concerned people working on the ROM are aware of the issue.
    • If the bug/issue is not mentioned in 'not working' list, check the Frequently Asked Question (F.A.Q) and see if issue is resolved already.
    • If the issue you face is not in FAQ either, you would probably post a reply in this forum, and not PM anyone, about the bug.
      • Attach a logcat.
      • If not possible, mention a proper way how you encountered the bug.
      • Also mention any 3rd party stuff you installed. (Like mods, themes, kernels etc)
    Following things WILL NOT be considered as bugs. So please do not post such bug reports, they will be ignored.
    • Low benchmark scores. Even if Stock results better.
    • Poor performance in gaming. Even if Stock results better.
    • High RAM usage/low RAM available.
    • Various kernel control app crashes.
    • Crashes of various UI elements when a custom theme/mod is applied.
    • Random reboots, and other issues caused by flashing custom kernel.
    Important Announcement

I really feel sorry to announce the discontinuation of cm-14.1 project for our device ....because Cyanogen has shutdown all of their services which mean death of CyanogenMod . :(

So we are not going to see ? Actually , no .... Simply I'll look for any other nougat rom like slim , lineage or any other one ,,, probably it will be lineage , but I'll wait sometime before I start the project again ....
    Then during that time what will you be doing ? I'll just sit back and relax to be able to focus on some other projects and to learn more about kernel , linux and some other stuff .

Although this project is discontinued , I'll leave it open so if you have bug fixes , suggestion , condolences , mockery or whatsoever you can post it here in the thread .

So that's all for now , stay safe and enjoy your life . :good:
    Change Log

Code:
    [SIZE="3"]
    [U][B]Beta 1 - 4 November 2016 [/B][/U]
    -Initial release.
    [/SIZE]
    Maybe we need it so let it be Reserved 3