[ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL]SlimKat|| 3 July 2016 || Beta 2

Search This thread

BatDroid

Oct 20, 2015
Look! On the rooftop!
I've figured out what is the problem which is that a return in matroska decoder not = 0 which make system crashes .
I'd disabled the check function and system freezing went away but camera didn't work and got some random reboots as a result of null pointer - maybe something related to the function I disabled - .
Anyway I'll see where is the problem come from . and good thing I've found something related to video recording issue so we may get a build soon . also Reboot to recovery working .

please don't upload builds until system freezing is fixed.
No 1 can test anything for this one.

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Hey , here's a new build ,but it's not an official one .
This build has system crashing solved ,but camera not working so just install it if you want to test and report bugs .
I may but a quick fix for camera error in the next hours .
Download .

Reactions: Albe96 and BatDroid

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Hey guys camera fix is here !!!!
You should Download this ZIP and after flashing the ROM DON'T REBOOT and flash the zip then reboot .
Note :
-RIL will work ,but you have to wait about 2 minutes to get it work !
-Video recoding still broken !
-If you rebooted after flashing the ROM and tried to flash Camera fix the camera won't work as the app completely disappeared so you need to reflash the ROM then flash camera fix instantly after it .
PS : don't forget to thank corphish for system freezing fix !

Attachments

• Camera_fix.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 461
Last edited:

BatDroid

Oct 20, 2015
Look! On the rooftop!
Hey guys camera fix is here !!!!
You should Download this ZIP and after flashing the ROM DON'T REBOOT and flash the zip then reboot .
Note : RIL will work ,but you have to wait about 2 minutes to get it work !
If you rebooted after flashing the ROM and tried to flash Camera fix the camera won't work as the app completely disappeared so you need to reflash the ROM then flash camera fix instantly after it .
not even a single sim working for me.
Where is the sim management setting?

RJinxed

Jun 9, 2015
So far so good. No bugs yet spotted. Gaming is insanely good at this ROM. Tho, the systemui can be pretty unresponsive sometimes (pull down delays for like 2 seconds)

Also, yeah mine too takes more or less 15 mins after boot before the ril starts kicking in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKat Rom For Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5280/2

DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST !!!
    DON'T SPAM OVER THE TOPIC !!!
    DON'T ASK FOR ETA !!!
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/

What's working
    Mostly Everything .
    Note : This ROM doesn't natively support dual SIM so this ROM only run single SIM only !!!

What's not working
    • video recording.

Screenshots
    o119iw8wxc1ooqp6g.jpg
    qonbmfa7olfncnn6g.jpg
    ni4p3i328d9w3dr6g.jpg
    a822ni8ikwdc75x6g.jpg
    8vsf9atwjwxwjd46g.jpg
    99b3oikag3tl2n96g.jpg

Installation Instructions
    • Download and put the ROM zip in your phone.
    • Use any recovery like. (CWM 6.0.5.1, TWRP 2.8/3.0). If not install that first and then proceed.
    • Go to recovery, wipe data/cache.
    • Flash ROM.
    • Flash ColourPicker & Headphones fix .
    • You can flash the overclocked kernel (optionally).
    • Reboot.
    • Enjoy.

Download
    SlimKat overclocked kernel Here (DON'T GO OVER 1200MHZ AS SOME MEMBER REPORTED THAT THE PHONE IS FREEZING). .
    ColourPicker&Headphones&WIFI-Hotspot Fix Here or Here .
    Beta 2 .
    Beta 1
    Camera fix for alpha 3
    Alpha 3 .
    Alpha 2 .
    Alpha 1 .

Source
    Tree .
    Vendor .
    Kernel . (Cm-11.0 branch ) .

Credits
    @corphish - for tree , instructions and another stuff !
    @Dreamstar - For his SELinux enabled recovery .
    @regalstreak - For his highly compressed SlimKat sources.
    Without them all SlimKat was not possible.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Star

Contributors
    LahKeda, corphish
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimKat

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2
    Beta Release Date: 2016-07-03

Created 2016-05-18
    Last Updated 2017-04-11
    F.A.Q :

Q - Why you mustn't quote the hole post ?
    A - As you are killing us dude !

Q - Why mustn't I ask for ETA ?
    A - Simply , we are students and colleges so we are busy with our studying and other life problems !

Q - Why mustn't you Spam ?
    A -As Organization Is the key to achieve the impossible !

Q - I have faced some issues, which is not mentioned in the 'Not Working' list........?
    A - For bug reports, the least we can expect from you is a logcat taken during the issue. Or atleast, you could tell us how and when did you face the bug, how can we reproduce the bug to fix it. Reports without any of these will be ignored.

Q - Can I use your ROM/any part of ROM and modify it and release it separately?
    A - Yes you can. But please mention proper credits.

Q - I flashed this ROM, but I dont find any Google App, where can I find it?
    A - gapps will be mentioned later in OP but you can get them from any where and flash it !

Bug reporting
    How to report a bug?

• First off all, check the 'not working' list and see if the bug you are facing is already mentioned or not. If it is, stop right away because the concerned people working on the ROM are aware of the issue.
    • If the bug/issue is not mentioned in 'not working' list, check the Frequently Asked Question (F.A.Q) and see if issue is resolved already.
    • If the issue you face is not in FAQ either, you would probably post a reply in this forum, and not PM anyone, about the bug.
      • Attach a logcat.
      • If not possible, mention a proper way how you encountered the bug.
      • Also mention any 3rd party stuff you installed. (Like mods, themes, kernels etc)
    Following things WILL NOT be considered as bugs. So please do not post such bug reports, they will be ignored.
    • Low benchmark scores. Even if Stock results better.
    • Poor performance in gaming. Even if Stock results better.
    • High RAM usage/low RAM available.
    • Various kernel control app crashes.
    • Crashes of various UI elements when a custom theme/mod is applied.
    • Random reboots, and other issues caused by flashing custom kernel.
    Change Log

Change Log
    Code:
    [SIZE="3"]
    [U][B]Fixes for Beta 2 - 2016 July 21[/B][/U]
    -Fix Colour picker .
    -Fix Headphones During calls .

[U][B]Beta 2 - 2016 July 3[/B][/U]
    -Fix MMI code .
    -Fix hanging up calls .
    -Fix audio recording .

[U][B]Beta 1 - 2016 June 29[/B][/U]
    -Fix manual network search .
    -Under hood fixes .

[U][B]Alpha3 - 2016 May 26[/B][/U]
    -Fix system freezing .
    -Fix camera Capturing photos .

[U][B]Alpha2 - 2016 May 19[/B][/U]
    -Fix RIL .
    -Fix audio .
    -Fix sensors .

[U][B]Alpha1 - 2016 May 18[/B][/U]
    -Initial release.
    [/SIZE]
    For who wants to help me fixing bugs or want to build SlimKat

For who wants to help me fixing bugs or want to build SlimKat :

First of all you should know that patches/hacks of CM11 won't work with this ROM so we need to start fix all bugs from the beginning .

In order to start building this ROM you should clone the trees provided in main post .

You should use java6 and make3.81/2 to build SlimKat without errors .

Known issues while building :
    • "sec_format.h no such file or directory" --->As the file Isn't already exist in the source so download file in attachments and put it in frameworks/av/media/libstagefright .
    • "font_7x16.h no such file or directory" --->As the file Isn't already exist in the source so download file in attachments and put it in bootable/recovery/minui .
    • "no rule to make target vendor/slim/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/.zip needed by out/target/product/mint2g/system/media/bootanimation.zip" ---> that's because Slim uses prebuilt bootanimation and doesn't build it while building system and it should copy the specified bootanimation which is convenient for device resolution but there's an error with that so all you need is to go to "vendor/slim/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/" and copy "480.zip" file and paste it in in the same directory and change its name to ".zip" .
    • If you used the RIL source in the tree you will get building errors "can't locate symbol" so I removed it from the tree for now !
    If You came into any other problem post here in the topic and we will try to help :good:
    Well.
    Handling 2 projects.
    Wat about the positions of projects.
    I mean that which one was going to finished??.

Cm12.1 mostly fixed just hwr left about which I can't make a clear prediction ! and for this ROM I think fixing things will be more easier because HWR Is already works and for RIL I should just Implement the fixes from cm11 to this ROM and with a little more organization everything will work fine !
    So I think this ROM will be finished faster depending on how much free time I get !

Note : sensors are fixed now !