[ROM][5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL]SlimLP || 2 August 2016 || Beta1

Search This thread

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
Even HTC HD2 with even lower specs than this device can boot 7.0 then why can't we try on this phone?
That Is What I Exactly Want To Say??
...yeah i hope Lahkeda thinking about it, .hehe. .if performance would be same as cm13 it would be great,. .
Oh,Yeah!LahKeda Must Think About It.CM14 Is Still Staging,But AOSP 7.0 Is Ready To Build.If I Get A Fast Connection I'll Try To Build With LahKeda![emoji4] [emoji1]

hasanSY

Mar 5, 2016
hop you thinking about build a slim MM :silly::laugh:

Sent from my Samsung GT-S5282 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Cruz slim are far better then cm (like slimkat the best rom yet

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

also one thing i try to connect in Arabic through xda Labs it didn't work:good:
thanks

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Hello guys , we have a quick update here :D

So here we are after a lot of time he is the fix for last remaining issue in SlimLP as I promised ( except for ones related to hardware limitation :p ) . :victory:
So where was I all those period ? I wasn't anywhere but you can say I was kind of lazy , busy , etc .... :rolleyes:

In this post there are two ZIPs one of them is an overclocked kernel to 1300MHZ and it has some governors , you also will find another ZIP which is an update to optimize Email, DeskClock and calculator apps and make them fit our device small screen .

Note : if you face any force closes with music app go to apps settings and remove its data+cache .

Now SlimLP is ready for daily uses ..... and/or If you still have any other problems ,let's me know .

Goodbye , Adiós , Au Revoir , Sayōnara , Waadaeaan . :cowboy:

Downloads :
SlimLP update : Here .

Overclocked kernel : Here .

Last edited:

nagato

Sep 2, 2015
Pune

So here we are after a lot of time he is the fix for last remaining issue in SlimLP as I promised ... .

Things that might seek your interest sir:
- Scrolling within the apps have some issues.
Try this:- open a Whatsapp group chat > click on group name to view the list of group members and scroll down for the down.
Here scrolling is not working, i.e, can't see the group members.
- Heads up notification: i think it isn't working properly. Also sliding doesn't remove the notification.
- when opened the Uber app, map is not visible. Same with other apps with cab services.
- where can i find performance setting to overclock?
- data work only on 2nd sim slot.
- occational blurr lines on screen
- recent apps list (long press home button isn't showing the complete list)
- status bar hanged on its own (scroll down and change the brightness with slider).
- lag in touch and overall response.

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
wow oc kernel for my fav ROM!

thank u lahkeda

You're welcome .

Things that might seek your interest sir:
- Scrolling within the apps have some issues.
Try this:- open a Whatsapp group chat > click on group name to view the list of group members and scroll down for the down.
Here scrolling is not working, i.e, can't see the group members.
- Heads up notification: i think it isn't working properly. Also sliding doesn't remove the notification.
- when opened the Uber app, map is not visible. Same with other apps with cab services.
- where can i find performance setting to overclock?
- occational blurr lines on screen
- recent apps list (long press home button isn't showing the complete list)
- status bar hanged on its own (although once).
- lag in touch and overall response. (i think)
1,2,5,7 ) they are graphics issue with LP .
3 ) I really don't know about it .
4 ) install any program like kernel adiutor so you can change performance settings .
6 ) close recent apps and reopen it again .
8 ) it can be issue with systemUI as I saw it crashing sometimes .
Thanks for your feedback .

Reactions: nagato

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
A bit off topic,sorry.
Can u mod stock framework.jar for installing DolBy Digital Plus?

I mean, will u port Dobly Sound System to our phone?(on stock based roms)

I already mentioned u on a post in App and themes section.
Please take a look if u got enough time.

I've seen that mention but I didn't know what was that for .
I don't know about "Dobly Sound System" also I've not messed with systemUI before (moding I mean ) so it might be quite difficult to do it .

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Bro camera is not working

Huh ? I've tested the rom before uploading it so if the camera is not working I would tell you that, in addition no one reported that camera is not working !
anyway, get me a proper log as without it I won't be able to help or you can try different camera app like opencamera and see if it's working or not .

manohar123

Jan 4, 2017
Bro i tried various third-party camera apps including cm camera,opencamera but camera not working. even in stock rom also camera not working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Slim Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5280/2
    DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST !!!
    DON'T SPAM OVER THE TOPIC !!!
    DON'T ASK FOR ETA !!!
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/

What's working
    • Everything other than those mentioned in 'Not working list'.

What's not working
    • OpenGL drawing in SystemUI (may never be fixed). -As our GPU only supports OpenEGL es 2.0-.
    • Video recording

Screenshots
    m3sa6k6np8sm3m66g.jpg
    4o4qlr8xzmfihye6g.jpg
    uock2fc3wesqetc6g.jpg
    ld49l14tmdmc7j06g.jpg
    4731r25mo0e0onw6g.jpg

Installation Instructions
    • Download and put the ROM zip in your phone.
    • You must use a SELinux enabled recovery. (CWM 6.0.5.1, TWRP 2.8/3.0). If not install that first and then proceed.
    • Go to recovery, wipe data/cache. (Yes you will need to do a data wipe even if you are upgrading from SlimLP to incorporate ROM changes).
    • Flash ROM.
    • Flash SlimLP update .
    • Flash file manager .(It wasn't built during building slimlp so I had to provide it separately ) .
    • (Optional) Flash overclocked kernel if you like .
    • (Optional) Flash gapps.
    • Reboot.
    • Enjoy.

Download
    SlimLP - Beta 1
    Overclocked kernel : Here (DON'T GO OVER 1200MHZ AS SOME MEMBER REPORTED THAT THE PHONE IS FREEZING). .
    File Manger
    Gapps - opengapps.org

Source
    Device Tree
    Vendor Tree
    Kernel Tree

Credits
    @corphish - for tree , instructions and another stuff !
    @Dreamstar - For his SELinux enabled recovery .
    @psych.half - For his kernel .
    @andii_nr - For fixes.
    @regalstreak - For his highly compressed CM12.1 sources.
    @doesntexits && @ngoquang2708 - For their works for SGV and for their keen interest in helping us.
    Open camera team .
    Without them all SlimLP wasn't be possible.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimLP 5.1.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Star

Contributors
    LahKeda
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimLP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2016-08-02

Created 2016-08-02
    Last Updated 2017-04-11
    Change Log

Change Log
    Code:
    [SIZE="3"]

[U][B]Update - 2017 January 25 :P [/B][/U]
    -Fix Email,DeskClock and Calculator .
    -Provide OverClocked kernel to 1300MHZ .
    -Update post : [URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70715113&postcount=45"]here[/URL].

[U][B]Beta 1 - 2016 August 2[/B][/U]
    -Initial release.
    [/SIZE]

So here we are after a lot of time he is the fix for last remaining issue in SlimLP as I promised ( except for ones related to hardware limitation :p ) . :victory:
    So where was I all those period ? I wasn't anywhere but you can say I was kind of lazy , busy , etc .... :rolleyes:

In this post there are two ZIPs one of them is an overclocked kernel to 1300MHZ and it has some governors , you also will find another ZIP which is an update to optimize Email, DeskClock and calculator apps and make them fit our device small screen .

Note : if you face any force closes with music app go to apps settings and remove its data+cache .

Now SlimLP is ready for daily uses ..... and/or If you still have any other problems ,let's me know .

Goodbye , Adiós , Au Revoir , Sayōnara , Waadaeaan . :cowboy:

Downloads :

Overclocked kernel : Here .
    F.A.Q

F.A.Q :

Q - Why you mustn't quote the hole post ?
    A - As you are killing us dude !

Q - Why mustn't I ask for ETA ?
    A - Simply , we are students and colleges so we are busy with our studying and other life problems !

Q - Why mustn't you Spam ?
    A -As Organization Is the key to achieve the impossible !

Q - I have faced some issues, which is not mentioned in the 'Not Working' list........?
    A - For bug reports, the least we can expect from you is a logcat taken during the issue. Or atleast, you could tell us how and when did you face the bug, how can we reproduce the bug to fix it. Reports without any of these will be ignored.

Q - Can I use your ROM/any part of ROM and modify it and release it separately?
    A - Yes you can. But please mention proper credits.

Q - I flashed this ROM, but I dont find any Google App, where can I find it?
    A - gapps will be mentioned later in OP but you can get them from any where and flash it !

Bug reporting
    How to report a bug?

• First off all, check the 'not working' list and see if the bug you are facing is already mentioned or not. If it is, stop right away because the concerned people working on the ROM are aware of the issue.
    • If the bug/issue is not mentioned in 'not working' list, check the Frequently Asked Question (F.A.Q) and see if issue is resolved already.
    • If the issue you face is not in FAQ either, you would probably post a reply in this forum, and not PM anyone, about the bug.
      • Attach a logcat.
      • If not possible, mention a proper way how you encountered the bug.
      • Also mention any 3rd party stuff you installed. (Like mods, themes, kernels etc)
    Following things WILL NOT be considered as bugs. So please do not post such bug reports, they will be ignored.
    • Low benchmark scores. Even if Stock results better.
    • Poor performance in gaming. Even if Stock results better.
    • High RAM usage/low RAM available.
    • Various kernel control app crashes.
    • Crashes of various UI elements when a custom theme/mod is applied.
    • Random reboots, and other issues caused by flashing custom kernel.
    First - Whenever i restart my phone, zapdos image that came with the zapdos kernel by corphish pops up (since i installed long ago).
    Third - In settings -> interface, i was messing with quick settings which crashed status bar. (Although seem to work fine after restart, but hangs sometimes)

Can i increase LCD density? Would it increase display quality?

- Mobile data not working on sim slot 1 (m.p).
    - Brightness slider crashes the status bar.
    One more thing - In app settings (setting in any app), scrolling has some serious display issues. The content where we scroll to is not being displayed.

-It was a boot logo corphish has made for his kernel and you can change it by another one there are some boot logos in theme and mod section you can install whatever you want or you can follow cophish's tutorial he has made .
    -status bar maybe just was restarting to apply new changes .
    -When I changed the density it made things smaller and bigger so I don't think that it has things to do with quality .
    -Will check mobile data problem soon .
    -Brightness slider and scrolling are glitches in this ROM and cm12.1 and I'm doing my best to fix them .