Android Open Source Project 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
(p4wifi / GT-P7510)
(p4 / GT-P7500)
(p4tmo / SGH-T859)
I have ported this device to Android Linux kernel v4.4. This is the official Android kernel for Oreo. This ROM requires a completely new kernel and recovery. Read everything before use.
Recovery - TWRP BigSys
- TWRP BigSys will use a different partition layout in order to have a larger system partition size.
- Flashing TWRP-Bigsys with odin/heimdall will overwrite the cache partition. Format the cache partition it in recovery after flashing with odin/heimdall.
Code:Before: [ system (578MB) | cache (448MB) | data (16GB/32GB) | hidden / preload (300MB) ] After: [ system (1026MB) | data (16GB/32GB) | recovery extra (16MB) | cache (284MB) ]
- TWRP BigSys is not compatible with any ROM before Oreo.
- BigSys partitioning is based on BigPart for Motorola Xoom.
Kernel - Linux v4.4
This is based on the official Android common kernel. The drivers and platform specific parts ported from the original 3.1.10 kernel.
Code:Tegra 2 platform Downstream video/avp Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling USB (ConfigFS) - no host mode Voltage Regulators / Battery / Charger tps6586x stmpe811 max17042 p4_battery nct1008 Display Panel cmc623 Touch Digitizer mxt1386 Audio wm8994 3.5mm jack voodoo sound driver Wifi bcm4330 Bluetooth bcm4330 GPS bcm4751 Sensors mpu3050: gyroscope kxtf9: accelerometer ak8975: compass bh1721fvc: light sensor Haptics isa1200 Misc Samsung misc partition. (Stores reboot mode and proprietary control bits) Samsung LPM (off mode charging)
Will not work
Code:3G/Cellular modem xmm6260 tegra usb phy hsic - No mainline kernel driver for this USB interface Cameras / Flash s5k5ccgx s5k5bbgx - Incompatible camera stack HDMI sii9234 Samsung 30-pin connector keyboard dock, dongles, accessories
Code:Enable force usb charging at kernel boot (rather than android init). Add haptic vibration strength.
ROM - Android 8.0 Oreo
The ROM is AOSP based.
It is one ROM and recovery for p4wifi (GT-P7510), p4 (GT-P7500), and p4tmo (SGH-T859) since 3G/cellular will not work in the kernel. There is no difference between the two devices other than the cellular modem.
- Advanced reboot menu
- NEON emulation
- Apollo music app
Working / Not working:
- See the list under the kernel section.
- Backup all data to a location off the device.
- Install and boot into TWRP BigSys
- Format system partition
- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Check "System" > Swipe to Wipe
- Reboot to TWRP BigSys
- Install ROM
- (optional) Install GApps
- (optional) Install root
- See post #2 on how to report problems
- Install ROM
Known kernel 4.4 issues:
- ak8975 compass orientation not reporting data
- test: CPU-z sensors tab shows no data
- Wifi chip/firmware crash:
- Connection drops and will not reconnect.
- Low reproducabiliy.
- Bug is known to occur on all tested bcmdhd drivers except stock ICS and espresso10 bcmdhd driver.
- Workaround: Turn off wifi. Turn on wifi.
- Battery drain in power off:
- Device is not actually powering off.
- Low reproducabiliy.
- Possible causes:- tps6586x regulator does not power off (due to i2c transfer errors).- test1:
- Hard lock up when CPU1 is offline and wifi sdio bus is on.
- host1x syncpt stuck.- Proper power off: Press power button for 2 seconds to power on.- test2: Reboot to recovery hangs after OS shutdown instead of rebooting to recover.
- Improper power off: Press power button for 8 seconds to power on.
Other known issues:
- Android OS stuck at boot logo:
- Cause 1: The HIDL HALs not starting properly
- Cause 2: System services die and loop forever
- Workaround: Reboot device
Will X feature work?
- I have ported everything I can to the new kernel. Anything not mentioned is not going to work.
3G / Cellular?
- The Tegra USB driver in mainline kernel does not support the USB interface which connects the modem.
- The camera devices are not working on the mainline kernel. The camera blob hasn't worked right since Lollipop anyways.
Can the old 3.1.10 kernel be used on Oreo?
- The old kernel is not working on Oreo.
Can the 4.4 kernel be used on previous ROMs?
Will this kernel work on Galaxy Tab 8.9?
How to return to stock partition layout.
- Install a non-BigSys TWRP.
- Format system and cache partition.
- Reboot to TWRP
AcknowledgmentsCode:20180416 - android-8.1.0_r19 - Linux 4.4.128 - Disable Android Go configuration - Add back cache partition - Fix a potential issue blocking wifi suspend - Fix an issue with audio not working after suspend - Fix bluetooth gpios - Correct a voltage regulator configuration 20180316 - android-8.1.0_r16 - webview 65.0.3325.144 - Signature Spoofing - Linux 4.4.121 - mainline mfd/m8994 driver 20180213 - Fix SOC (core) process ID 2 initialization - Add BFQ iosched 20180206 - android-8.1.0_r10 - Linux 4.4.115 - webview 64.0.3282.123 20180110 - android-8.1.0_r6 - Linux 4.4.111 - Night Light feature - Android Go configuration - Fix DVFS issues - Fix 3.5mm headphone plug issues 20171117 - android-8.0.0_r28 - Linux 4.4.98 - local_manifest changes: device/samsung/p4-common 1095462 p4-common: init: set schedutil rate limit to 30000us 5153c33 Revert "p4-common: init: interactive governor" 0b90b12 Revert "power: enable interactive and interactive boost" 8489850 Revert "p4-common: set interactive governor permissions" a95ade0 Revert "power: set interactive governor target loads" d557892 configstore: set vsync phase offsets 881361f p4-common: disable samsung hwc fix 3f1308f p4-common: sched fifo on UI and RenderThreads 260c9e9 p4-common: overlay: change recents thumbnail svelte to limit cache acfcdcd power: set interactive governor target loads 221576e p4-common: set interactive governor permissions c8d553b power: enable interactive and interactive boost ba7e0f6 p4-common: init: interactive governor e6b1d5c Revert "p4-common: disable wifi direct" 3b2e521 Revert "hwc: move eglswapbuffers from blob into hwc wrapper" 5075a0b hwc: move eglswapbuffers from blob into hwc wrapper frameworks/base 53cc0b0 hwui: don't use eglSwapBuffersWithDamageKHR vendor/decatf a4bef77 set_rt_prios.sh: Move mmc0/dhd_dpc priority into kernel 88a52a6 set_rt_prios.sh: lower wifi task priority and nice value 40db629 Add set_rt_prios.sh 20171109 - Fix CMC623F initialization 20171107 - Support more eMMC chips for BigSys
- mainlane for donating a device after my original tablet broke.
- digetx - downstream tegra video driver, Tegra USB ConfigFS, various work on Tegra devices in mainline.
- BigPart developers for devising this method of partitioning.
Kernel 4.4 & Android 8.0 Oreo, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Source Code: https://github.com/decatf/
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2018-04-16