FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.0.x

543 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,343
 
By decatf, Senior Member on 19th December 2016, 10:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
UNOFFICIAL TeamWin Recovery Project
for
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
(p4wifi / GT-P7510)
(p4 / GT-P7500)
(p4tmo / SGH-T859)

Downloads
Mirror

Changelog:
Code:
3.0.3-20170120
 - Compile on android-6.0 base

3.0.3-0 (20161229-p4wifi)
 - Update prebuilt kernel

3.0.3-0
 - Fix adb sideload
 - Enable TRIM
 - Reduce GPU carveout size
 - Update F2FS
 - Compile on Android 7.1.1 base
Donate:
via Paypal
XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.0.x, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Contributors
decatf
Source Code: https://github.com/decatf


Version Information
Status: Stable

Created 2016-12-19
Last Updated 2017-01-23
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to decatf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift decatf Ad-Free
 
 
22nd December 2016, 08:45 AM |#2  
jacky03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Suzhou
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
'good,i can t wait。
22nd December 2016, 08:59 AM |#3  
Update from twrp 3.0.2 and after reboot in the new version only perform a cache cleaning and dalvik-cache, it was done indefinitely and after twenty minutes I had to restart by pressing the power button for a few seconds, Reboot so you might have completed the cleanup. How can I get a log of the bug? Maybe help him to correct it.
Sorry for my bad English...
23rd December 2016, 06:06 PM |#4  
rexxxlo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag buffalo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i tried this last night
it installed fine and boots to recovery fine,

but when i tried to install a new rom it freezes and i have to reboot it by holding the power button

the same thing happens if i try to do a wipe
17th January 2017, 06:16 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxxlo

i tried this last night
it installed fine and boots to recovery fine,

but when i tried to install a new rom it freezes and i have to reboot it by holding the power button

the same thing happens if i try to do a wipe

Same here on the p4: formatting partitions or installing images never end (and one cannot see any error/warning either). And it the same behaviour when trying to push files via adb while the formatting process or the install of an image hangs --> simply nothing happens (it hangs,too, like if it is blocked).

Fortunately I had an old 2.8.7.0 version on my p4, so this version 3.0.3.0 definately is not working properly on the p4.

Let me know in case I can do some logging or debugging.

Kind regards, mistersixt.
19th January 2017, 10:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,343
 
Donate to Me
More
Build 20170119 is posted. If it still freezes then reboot into recovery again and get the kernel log from /proc/last_kmsg
20th January 2017, 06:45 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decatf

Build 20170119 is posted. If it still freezes then reboot into recovery again and get the kernel log from /proc/last_kmsg

Still the same problem with build 20170119, please see last kmesg here (tried to wipe dalvik & cache, it is also waiting forever like when installing zips):

http://144.76.203.117/tmp/last_kmsg_...0170119-P4.txt

Kind regards, mistersixt.
20th January 2017, 02:01 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,343
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersixt

Still the same problem with build 20170119, please see last kmesg here (tried to wipe dalvik & cache, it is also waiting forever like when installing zips):

http://144.76.203.117/tmp/last_kmsg_...0170119-P4.txt

Kind regards, mistersixt.

Oh, I thought it was locking up. Can you use adb to get the kernel log (dmesg) and and TWRP from /tmp/recovery.log.
21st January 2017, 07:32 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decatf

Oh, I thought it was locking up. Can you use adb to get the kernel log (dmesg) and and TWRP from /tmp/recovery.log.

I am on the move this weekend, will try to help as much as I can on Monday, however, I do remember that accessing the p4 via adb does no longer work once the TWRP is stuck with wiping cache&dalvik or when trying to install a zip file. And it is indeed not locking up completely, this progress bar simply moves forever, with no error message or warning, and one had to do a reset.

Kind regards, mistersixt.
22nd January 2017, 10:36 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,343
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersixt

I am on the move this weekend, will try to help as much as I can on Monday, however, I do remember that accessing the p4 via adb does no longer work once the TWRP is stuck with wiping cache&dalvik or when trying to install a zip file. And it is indeed not locking up completely, this progress bar simply moves forever, with no error message or warning, and one had to do a reset.

Kind regards, mistersixt.

Try the 20170120 build. It is compiled on android 6.0 frameworks instead of 7.1.
The Following User Says Thank You to decatf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift decatf Ad-Free
23rd January 2017, 07:28 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decatf

Try the 20170120 build. It is compiled on android 6.0 frameworks instead of 7.1.

Bingo, this version seems to be running fine again on the p4!

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards, mistersixt.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistersixt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mistersixt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread