[ROM][Unofficial][AOSP] Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

502 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,109

By decatf, Senior Member on 13th November 2014, 05:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2015, 09:44 PM |#901  
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaMaHe

Hi people, I was wondering how this ROM compares to the nameless 4.4.4 ROM. Does anybody have experience with both?
Thanks!

I've tried both and nameless rom is very fluid , since this have not changed flashes . Currently working to my liking. Very smooth and stable ext4 .

8th March 2015, 11:46 PM |#902  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaMaHe

I use my tab a lot with Spotify and a Bluetooth speaker (JBL Flip2). Does that work in this ROM?

I use Spotify and BT Memorex speaker. It generally works well. I had some random volume adjustments and the BT audio would drop out completely for awhile, but that settled down about 3 updates ago. Very smooth since.
9th March 2015, 10:32 PM |#903  
Flag vancouver bc
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Netflix?
I'm new to this ROM.

Everything is working fine for me except NETFLIX.
The app load and then goes to the red circle ... but then it fails to connect to the netflix service

is there any way to get NETFLIX working on this ROM?
I have the 20150305 version for P4
10th March 2015, 01:51 AM |#904  

More
In the OP, Encryption is specifically called out as working. I just installed the 3/5/15 version on my p4wifi (7510) with a fresh wipe data. I then start it up and go to Settings -> Security and set Screen Lock to a Password, go to Encrypt Tablet and hit the Encrypt Tablet button, enter my password, and hit Encrypt Tablet again. The wireframe unlocking Android icon comes up briefly, then the Lollipop android boot animation, and then I'm back at my launcher screen.

EDIT: Found the answer in an earlier post, but it didn't work exactly as posted. With 3/15/15 boot/system and TWRP 2.8.5.0 recovery, the trick is to create the data filesystem in TWRP as follows:

make_ext4fs -l -16384 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8

OP, Is there a way to make TWRP do this by default, and is there a way to make the system encryption fail with an error if this isn't done?

Thanks - this ROM is great work!
10th March 2015, 03:44 AM |#905  
Flag Milwaukee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtelco123

I'm new to this ROM.

The app load and then goes to the red circle ... but then it fails to connect to the netflix service

Hmm. Netflix was working prior to 0305. I have beennhaving thesame problem, butvhad changed SO many things with that update that I wanted to rule those out first. Log file.
10th March 2015, 04:47 AM |#906  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,109

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtelco123

I'm new to this ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigWiggins

Hmm. Netflix was working prior to 0305. I have beennhaving thesame problem, butvhad changed SO many things with that update that I wanted to rule those out first. Log file.

"Install" this zip in TWRP: p75xx-remove_widevine_blobs.zip. It removes the widevine DRM libs in /system/vendor/lib/.

In the 20150305 I moved the libraries to the correct location where Android expects them to be. It seems to break things so I guess it was better off not being used after all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decatf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift decatf Ad-Free
10th March 2015, 06:36 AM |#907  
Flag Saigon
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Android 5.1 online now @decatf hope u will update soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to honhan0904 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift honhan0904 Ad-Free
10th March 2015, 04:49 PM |#908  
Flag Milwaukee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decatf

"Install" this zip in TWRP: p75xx-remove_widevine_blobs.zip. It removes the widevine DRM libs in /system/vendor/lib/.

In the 20150305 I moved the libraries to the correct location where Android expects them to be. It seems to break things so I guess it was better off not being used after all.

Perfection, once again! Thanks.
10th March 2015, 08:44 PM |#909  
Flag vancouver bc

More
THANKS!
Quote:

Thank you ! wow that was quick!
10th March 2015, 10:58 PM |#910  
thanks
Quote:

I had problems with stickmount . Not acquire root privileges. After flashing this fix works and superuser application appears . Maybe it's because these libraries functioning usb otg ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-10-22-49-21.png
Views:	466
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	3204237  
10th March 2015, 11:49 PM |#911  
Flag andorra
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have problems with youtube, when I play a vĂ­deo, freezes and there's only sound...... I try to select less quality but still fc.... Any solution?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)